Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

The problem is, when you cancel they still keep your details, presumably bank details included. See small print on cancellation pop up on website in pic attached.

I have emailed customer service for how to get this verifyably deleted.

Screenshot_20190309-201438_Firefox.jpg

You don't have a complete right to be forgotten under GDPR.

PK have the right to keep your details for a variety of options - such as pending transactions, queries on past transactions, taxman queries etc.

I cut my PK card and cancelled my bank card and informed the bank .

Dave

On 09/03/2019 at 19:00, Mr Plodd said:

As I have continually pointed out. 

No-one is being forced into using this card, so if you don’t like it for whatever reason then don’t, but is there really any point in telling others what you have/are going to do?

Andy

Totally agree - we have the card, have used it a few times with no problem at all.   Received new card recently, have also used that one with no problems - in fact the only problem has been at the till where the shop's card machine doesn't always work!   I also received a vast number of texts on Saturday which was annoying, but very insignificant in the grand scheme of things.     

• Like 3

14 hours ago, AndyK159 said:

The problem is, when you cancel they still keep your details, presumably bank details included. See small print on cancellation pop up on website in pic attached.

I have emailed customer service for how to get this verifyably deleted.

Screenshot_20190309-201438_Firefox.jpg

I emailed them on Saturday Andy, I have had confirmation that the account has been cancelled but nothing about personal details or card, keep us posted of your developments please

4 minutes ago, Cherokee2015 said:

Totally agree - we have the card, have used it a few times with no problem at all.   Received new card recently, have also used that one with no problems - in fact the only problem has been at the till where the shop's card machine doesn't always work!   I also received a vast number of texts on Saturday which was annoying, but very insignificant in the grand scheme of things.     

However a 5p saving as advertised on the CMC site instead of a 3p saving would be better.  We are now prefer to use our debit card as savings are so small and the transaction goes through within 48 hours unlike Pumpkin who take up to 7 days to debit your account!

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Durbanite said:

However a 5p saving as advertised on the CMC site instead of a 3p saving would be better.  We are now prefer to use our debit card as savings are so small and the transaction goes through within 48 hours unlike Pumpkin who take up to 7 days to debit your account!

To be fair it does state members save on average 5p litre, so some will save more and some less depending on the forecourt price of a particular Esso fuel station.

Edited by Llew

19 minutes ago, Llew said:

To be fair it does state members save on average 5p litre, so some will save more and some less depending on the forecourt price of a particular Esso fuel station.

I wonder if that "average" includes all of us where it would be more expensive ?

14 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

I wonder if that "average" includes all of us where it would be more expensive ?

Of course not!

The quoted average savings are in relation to the pump prices shown at ESSO fuel stations ONLY, and NOT the prices being charged  at other outlets such as supermarkets (which Esso/Pumpking have no control over)

Most supermarkets ARE cheaper, so if you have access to them (and don’t wish to purchase “premium brand” fuel) then, as has been stated many times before, don’t use this card. It’s not rocket science is it??

Andy

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Llew said:

The CMC stated that the average savings of 5p a litre was worked out over a period of 5 years however Pump King were only founded in April 2018???

Got home on Friday from Spain. Checked mail and found the card.

Logged in on Saturday to check the PIN, a bit irritating that you can't select your own.

Started towing south on Sunday. Stopped at maidstone services before the tunnel. Price at pump 1.509. Card price 1.262. Saving 24.7p a liter!

This card is brilliant!

• Like 1

After deleting all of the text messages following the earlier fiasco I have not received a text giving prices for next week. Have others received the Friday text?

37 minutes ago, CliveB said:

After deleting all of the text messages following the earlier fiasco I have not received a text giving prices for next week. Have others received the Friday text?

No! 50+ texts last week, and none this week!

I have just received the fuel price text at 12.54 with an opology on the bottom with all the other texts

• Like 1

Just received mine. The power of this forum!

Filled up at local Esso station, pump price £1.31 card price £1.26, supermarket price £1.25 so I am quite happy and have had no problems using the card. 

1 hour ago, CliveB said:

Despite not completing my registration and politely requesting them to remove me from their lists,  I have received a text.

I have zero faith in this company who seem to treat people with contempt.

John

5 hours ago, Hector69 said:

Filled up at local Esso station, pump price £1.31 card price £1.26, supermarket price £1.25 so I am quite happy and have had no problems using the card. 

For all those that have criticised this card for being dearer than supermarket fuel (this card was never advertised or promoted to beat supermarket prices so totally missing the point) may have got their wish. Next weeks diesel price at £1.255 is cheaper than Asda, so branded fuel for less than the supermarket stuff. 👍

19 minutes ago, Llew said:

For all those that have criticised this card for being dearer than supermarket fuel (this card was never advertised or promoted to beat supermarket prices so totally missing the point) may have got their wish. Next weeks diesel price at £1.255 is cheaper than Asda, so branded fuel for less than the supermarket stuff. 👍

Prices vary nationally - by me, both Asda and Morrisons are at £1.247 - my nearest Esso is £1.249 so would be cheaper with the 1p alternative discount.

15 hours ago, Black Grouse said:

Prices vary nationally - by me, both Asda and Morrisons are at £1.247 - my nearest Esso is £1.249 so would be cheaper with the 1p alternative discount.

At the moment a big hassle to claim the 1p as you have to submit the receipts to Pumpkin to get the 1p per litre discount.  So if you filled up with 40 litres you may eventually get the 40p credit.  :D

3 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

At the moment a big hassle to claim the 1p as you have to submit the receipts to Pumpkin to get the 1p per litre discount.  So if you filled up with 40 litres you may eventually get the 40p credit.  :D

I am glad I cancelled my account, well I told them too, their response was that my account/card had been blocked, I have contacted them again and asked them to confirm in writing that all my details have been deleted from their data base, guess what I have had no response, how the hell did the CMC get involved with this organisation. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Les Medes said:

I am glad I cancelled my account, well I told them too, their response was that my account/card had been blocked, I have contacted them again and asked them to confirm in writing that all my details have been deleted from their data base, guess what I have had no response, how the hell did the CMC get involved with this organisation. 

My account seems to have been deleted.  When I try to log in, I get "Sorry, unrecognized username or password".

Previously I got an account blocked message.

Pleased to report our cheapest supermarket price £1.269p -  Pump King  price this week  £1.255

6 hours ago, Atty said:

Pleased to report our cheapest supermarket price £1.269p -  Pump King  price this week  £1.255

I'm genuinely pleased its working for you.

I decided there were just too many red flags for me.

Just used my card for the first time to fill up, no issues.  I got the card to buy branded fuel if the price difference is near supermarket prices, actually saved a little this time compared to local ASDA.

Just looked on my PK account to see if it had picked up the transaction, noticed Change Pin option, I will change mine as it is very close to the four digits on the card.