Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

I'm only at 54 but would be quite happy to accept 1p/text fuel price reduction from Pump King by way of an apology :-)

Cheers

Keith

Wife read of questions on posts on other forums if hacked ? Site seems down ?

Dave

8 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Dave

It was accessible at 1130. Perhaps they've taken the servers off line to stop the messaging.

22 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

It was accessible at 1130. Perhaps they've taken the servers off line to stop the messaging.

They hold mine and other members card details ?

Dave

52 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Dave

Pantheon is a well regarded hosting company.

I doubt they've been hacked.  Its much more likely that they've taken the live site down as they've realised it has a major issue.  I'm sure somethere there's a software developer who is feeling under pressure!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Tigger said:

Pantheon is a well regarded hosting company.

I doubt they've been hacked.  Its much more likely that they've taken the live site down as they've realised it has a major issue.  I'm sure somethere there's a software developer who is feeling under pressure!

I have stopped my bank card and notified them  and cancelled my PK account . 

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Looks like it has finally top out at 87 texts, I think it''s card in the shredder and delete the account. 

Pump-King website is up and running again, but it will probably crash again soon with all the doom merchants rushing to cancel their cards.

• Like 1

I looked at joining a few weeks ago but only got part way.  So no proper account set up.  I stopped when I realised they did not allow credit cards.  We always use Credit cards and pay them off.  don't see any point of changing.

Regardless of this they started sending me texts.  They were all at 1 pence above competitors.

Over a 3 hour period today I have had 52 messages.  Very irresponsible.  I could not find Pump King site. It seemed to be down.  So I went through the CMC application link and that worked.  It also gave me a link to message them which I have done.

Does anyone know if messages can be stopped for one sender on an iPhone in the same way that it's possible on an Android?

John

Posted (edited)

You can register a credit card, I have and it works. You can add it in the stored cards section of your profile page.

Edited by Llew

3 hours ago, Steve W77 said:

Looks like it has finally top out at 87 texts, 

I only got 61, I feel shortchanged.  Clearly I’m not a favoured customer - but then I only received the card 8 days ago, not even looked up my PIN yet.  Given that it is always 2-3p/litre more than everywhere else in N Bristol and 8+p more than the (albeit few) Costco stations, I can’t imagine I ever will.  The only way would be for an absolutely desperate, last gasp,  “distress purchase” on the M’way.

DrBob

Let’s hope they’ve got a good deal on text messages, if there’s 1.6 million text messages to pay for next weeks fuel will be going up 😝

As I have continually pointed out. 

No-one is being forced into using this card, so if you don’t like it for whatever reason then don’t, but is there really any point in telling others what you have/are going to do?

Andy

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Llew said:

You can register a credit card, I have and it works. You can add it in the stored cards section of your profile page.

Just tried to register my credit card and this message came up -

"Pump-King does not accept Credit cards. Please enter a valid Debit card"

Posted (edited)

After the ridiculous delay in receiving my card I find my local supermarkets are consistently 2-3p per litre cheaper than Pump-King so I haven't used it yet.

My wife and I both received 47 identical text message beween 11:05 and 16:53 from them yesterday!

Edited by SCP1959

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, SCP1959 said:

After the ridiculous delay in receiving my card I find my local supermarkets are consistently 2-3p per litre cheaper than Pump-King so I haven't used it yet.

My wife and I both received 47 identical text message beween 11:05 and 16:53 from them yesterday!

Nowhere in the promotion was it ever claimed supermarket prices would be beaten. You need to compare like for like - premium brand with premium brand - Esso with BP, Texaco, Shell etc., not Asda, Costco, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's! If you never buy premium branded fuel and only go to supermarkets, why get the card?

The PK pump discount prices are, I understand, common across all Esso/ Wex issued cards including fleet operators and hauliers. The price is set by Esso. I don't recall Eddie Stobart complaining the diesel is still dearer than Tesco!😂

Edited by Legal Eagle
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Crannoghome said:

Just tried to register my credit card and this message came up -

"Pump-King does not accept Credit cards. Please enter a valid Debit card"

Yes you are correct, they seem to have closed that loop hole. I tried it after someone posted last week that they had successfully registered a credit card to replace their debit card, they put fuel in the car and it seemed to work ok. I thought I would try it and it also worked for me too and it's showing on my credit card statement, for how much longer this works though remains to be seen. 

19 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

Nowhere in the promotion was it ever claimed supermarket prices would be beaten. You need to compare like for like - premium brand with premium brand - Esso with BP, Texaco, Shell etc., not Asda, Costco, Morrisons, Tesco and Sainsbury's! If you never buy premium branded fuel and only go to supermarkets, why get the card?

The PK pump discount prices are, I understand, common across all Esso/ Wex issued cards including fleet operators and hauliers. The price is set by Esso. I don't recall Eddie Stobart complaining the diesel is still dearer than Tesco!😂

Well said. 👍

1 hour ago, Legal Eagle said:

It seems a few people do not understand the above.  We never us supermarket fuel preferring branded fuel as it is our choice and the discount fuel card seemed to be very good until we started using it.  On the CMC Discussion their Community Manager has stated that it has been 5 years in the making to decided the average discount price however the company was only founded last year in April????  She also avoids giving answers to many questions that are very penitent to users.

3 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

She also avoids giving answers to many questions that are very penitent to users.

Predictive text?

The COmmunity Manager is only acting as the mouthpiece and can only supply answers that are given to her. 

Just now, Easy T said:

Predictive text?

The COmmunity Manager is only acting as the mouthpiece and can only supply answers that are given to her. 

That is correct however as Community Manager she should be looking for  the answers from the respective people and then passing on the information to members or at the very least state it is being investigated and then come back with an answer with 2 weeks instead of no or zilch answer.

16 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

As I have continually pointed out. 

No-one is being forced into using this card, so if you don’t like it for whatever reason then don’t, but is there really any point in telling others what you have/are going to do?

Andy

The concept of a "forum" may have missed you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, Easy T said:

Predictive text?

True, but that just means the caravan club are complicit in covering things up.

For instance, Rowena stated that the myessocard website was just down the weekend for maintenance, when it was clear that it was gone for good.  Lots of members I talked to thought they were contracting with Esso.

Rowena said:  "Hi everyone, The My Esso Card website has been unavailable temporarily due to site maintenance and during this time has defaulted to the Pump King website.  Please note you can still access your My Esso Card account by visiting https://pump-king.co.uk/welcome and can continue to use your My Esso Card. 

PK Fuel Limited and My Esso Card apologies for any inconvenience caused."  (18 Jan)

Edited by Tigger

13 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

The concept of a "forum" may have missed you.

Nooooo! 

Andy

• Confused 1

I have cancelled my account with Pump-King and they have responded by email this morning confirming this, I have shredded my card. I also told them my reasons for this action in no uncertain terms.

By the way, my texts totaled  87 yesterday

I too have closed my account and cut up my card.

• Like 1