Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

I logged in to My pump-king account this morning and went to my stored cards, where I noticed it stated I could delete my current debit card?

Having also noticed that it said I could "Please delete your old credit card before add new one."

So I deleted my stored debit card and added a new CREDIT card to my account, which, it appears to have accepted!?

Now, whether there will follow a message from Pump-King about the change i don't know yet, but I'm happier that I have stored a credit card, with a low credit limit, rather than my Debit card.

Might be useful to some, even the fact that you can delete your stored card. it appears!?

Do you know if it would accept American express?

5 minutes ago, AndersG said:

Do you know if it would accept American express?

At the moment we are not even sure if it will accept credit card as nothing has been confirmed and the T&Cs remain the same referring to a debit card.

7 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

At the moment we are not even sure if it will accept credit card as nothing has been confirmed and the T&Cs remain the same referring to a debit card.

Well, the website says CREDIT card, not Debit card, so I suppose I will only know when I've tried the card out?

1 hour ago, Barum said:

Well, the website says CREDIT card, not Debit card, so I suppose I will only know when I've tried the card out?

I was referring more to the Amex card as very few places accept the card.  You probably will be able to fill up using the fuel card, but they may then invoke an admin charge.  Either way it would be interesting to see what transpires and whether credit cards can be used.  It would suit us better.

1 hour ago, Barum said:

PLEASE keep us all posted as to whether it works or not!!!

Andy

50 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

PLEASE keep us all posted as to whether it works or not!!!

Andy

Well Andy, et al, I thought I would try my card this morning and, eventually, it worked although it took 3 attempts at different tills to get it to work. Not Pump-King's fault, down to the fuel station having problems :rolleyes:

No receipt on my account as yet and I still don't know what effect my changing to a credit card may have on the process. Time will tell, I suppose?

I will be miffed if they start chasing me for the payment, as I have registered a CREDIT card as per their website so they are welcome to use that one as payment.

My guess is that they get charged extra by the credit card company for using it as opposed to a debit card, but, of course, this is unknown as yet.

Edited by Barum

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

I was referring more to the Amex card as very few places accept the card.

Most shops in the UK accept Amex. My best cashback card is my Amex and that's why I prefer to use it in the UK.

30 minutes ago, AndersG said:

Most shops in the UK accept Amex. My best cashback card is my Amex and that's why I prefer to use it in the UK.

I stopped using mine after many many years as,like Durbanite, I found very few places,especially eating houses, took it...apart from the London area.

geoff

4 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

I stopped using mine after many many years as,like Durbanite, I found very few places,especially eating houses, took it...apart from the London area.

geoff

+1

1 hour ago, Barum said:

Well Andy, et al, I thought I would try my card this morning and, eventually, it worked although it took 3 attempts at different tills to get it to work. Not Pump-King's fault, down to the fuel station having problems :rolleyes:

No receipt on my account as yet and I still don't know what effect my changing to a credit card may have on the process. Time will tell, I suppose?

I will be miffed if they start chasing me for the payment, as I have registered a CREDIT card as per their website so they are welcome to use that one as payment.

My guess is that they get charged extra by the credit card company for using it as opposed to a debit card, but, of course, this is unknown as yet.

The debit on the account should take place on Friday if you are lucky at which time you will be able to update us unless by some remote chance either the C.C or the Pumpkin heads will notify us that a credit card can be used.

30 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

geoff

Acceptance has improved over the years and I use mine almost all the time. All supermarkets accept it including Aldi and Lidl even Poundland accepts it. I never had it refused at a petrol station, airline or hotel. All Wetherspoons accept it and so does most of the eateries the only exception I find is really small ones like kebab joints or really small shops.

1 hour ago, AndersG said:

Acceptance has improved over the years and I use mine almost all the time. All supermarkets accept it including Aldi and Lidl even Poundland accepts it. I never had it refused at a petrol station, airline or hotel. All Wetherspoons accept it and so does most of the eateries the only exception I find is really small ones like kebab joints or really small shops.

Most pubs around us will not accept the Amex card for some reason?  Are the Amex charges to the outlet higher than either Visa or Mastercard?

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

The debit on the account should take place on Friday if you are lucky at which time you will be able to update us unless by some remote chance either the C.C or the Pumpkin heads will notify us that a credit card can be used.

Indeed I will, when I get the bill!

I have noticed that Diesel at Cherwell services today is £1.53.9 per litre😮

Big saving there at published price of 1.26!

Does this cover LPG as one my local Esso garage has autogas which is the garage I use to fill my refill system ?

Dave

27 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

Does this cover LPG as one my local Esso garage has autogas which is the garage I use to fill my refill system ?

Dave

Seems not as no discounted pice for LPG but may be worth contacting them C.C and asking them as many vehicles still use LPG.  Also ask them if they give a discount for electric cars when charging them up at an Esso statin?  Reply would be interesting>  LOL!

My card arrived yesterday - and yet another coincidence where a number on the card is remarkably similar to the pin number.  Won't be using it until it is cheaper than the rest though.  Currently, our local Morrisons undercuts it by about a penny a litre.

Card arrived this morning, activated, new PIN popped up very similar to the ID number on the card, three numbers being identical number identical sequence :o at least remembering the number will be easy:rolleyes: 

May change payment method to credit card later, if it's possible after I've used it a few times? not wanting to complicate things.

This is a section from the original T&Cs, which I'm using as I have never been notified by Pump-King that they have changed!

4.1 Pk Fuel Limited will charge the Cardholder for any purchase of Fuel using the Fuel Card automatically following the Fuel purchase. Pk Fuel Limited will, and the  Cardholder permits Pk Fuel Limited or the Payment Service Provider to charge the Cardholder by using the details of the debit card or other mechanism that  the Cardholder will leave on file with Pk Fuel Limited or the Payment Service Provider. On a weekly basis, Pk Fuel Limited will inform the Cardholder of the Fuel Price for the following week and the dates for which the Fuel Price is valid

I changed my card to a credit card yesterday and obtained fuel with no problems. Now, whether it creates a problem I won't know till later, I guess but as they stated debit card or other mechanism my credit card is my other mechanism:)

There was a post from the CMC community manager stating that it had to be a debit card, however 2 things have happened since I replied:

1. The posts were deleted by someone:blink:

2. The CMC website appears to have crashed!:(

It just gets better and better!

Edited by Barum
spelling
  • Thanks 1

Whoopsie....   definitely will not be applying for this special offer!

7 minutes ago, Barum said:

There was a post from the CMC community manager stating that it had to be a debit card, however 2 things have happened since I replied:

1. The posts were deleted by someone:blink:

2. The CMC website appears to have crashed!:(

It just gets better and better!

And I thought it was an issue my end!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

And I thought it was an issue my end!

Oh no, not you, them!:rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Barum said:

I changed my card to a credit card yesterday and obtained fuel with no problems. Now, whether it creates a problem I won't know till later, I guess but as they stated debit card or other mechanism my credit card is my other mechanism:)

Thanks Barum.....I'll remove my Debit Card and go with the other mechanism and enter my Credit Card will get me a little cash back and possible longer before I have pay off.

No problem Toein.;)

However, be mindful that I have not yet paid for the fuel and it will be interesting to see if PK create a problem over the payment, so I might have to use my Debit card in the end but I won't be happy if that's the case!:o

Mine arrived today, good start, I have been trying to remember the PIN for the past few months, now the blighters have changed it