Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't actually say which 18th February did they! :ph34r:

20 minutes ago, Legal Eagle said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they didn't actually say which 18th February did they! :ph34r:

You are nearly spot on there LE, they stated Monday 18th Feb

However, I believe the next Monday 18th February is 2030!!

Might have it by then, eh??

How sad am I, doh!:rolleyes:

Could have been worse - could have opted for 29th February . . . 

Cheers

Keith

On ‎17‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 07:26, Barum said:

Although I agree with your comments, Martin, on Motorway fuel pricing, I'm not sure what BP  has to do with a discussion on an ESSO fuel card?;)

Hope you got back home ok. 

Yes we got back home ok thanks.

Just thought we could have a laugh with a change of fuel I thought it would lighten things up but there you  go can't please everybody lol

Martin

my card eventually arrived today when you log on to activate your new card you need to select activate card, then you can put the card number in, i will see if the actual pin works tomorrow when i finish my shift and also you can us it across europe

Do you get any discount in Europe?

23 minutes ago, AndersG said:

Do you get any discount in Europe?

According the T&C on the CMC offer page:

Discounted rate only applies on fuel purchased from Esso stations in the UK.

My card replacement card arrived today.

However, there's still no sign on the bank statement of the £40 ish of petrol I put in Mrs H's car on 23rd January at Moto Scotch Corner.

quoting from the letter with card,

we are delighted to be sending you a new fuel card and you can continue to benefit from discounted Diesel, Unleaded, Premium Diesel and Premium Unleaded at all Esso petrol stations across the UK and Europe.

My email said by Friday due to demand .

Dave

Only had a Tractor Mag in the post today. Will have to read it slowly until my card turns up . . . 

Cheers

Keith

12 hours ago, rslsys said:

Only had a Tractor Mag in the post today. Will have to read it slowly until my card turns up . . . 

Cheers

Keith

Very, very slowly!  :D

25 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Very, very slowly!  :D

Good job not reading a CMC mag as it is like a brochure as it is getting lighter and thinner .

I used to be able to sit down with a coffee and spend an afternoon reading it now only takes a few minutes unless you read all the pages full of advertising .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

I see the pump king Ts&Cs have changed again.  Without notice - I picked it up because I had an earlier version on my laptop.

For example, the 15 litres minimum and 80 litres maximum seem to have been removed.

Here are the Ts&Cs at 18 January.

Pump-King-Terms-&-Conditions(1).pdf

Here are the Ts&Cs as of today.  I'm putting htem up here so that anyone who needs them (eg. in a contract dispute) has them.

Pump-King-Terms-&-Conditions(3).pdf

• Does anyone have the original myessocard Ts&Cs?

Heck I got my card today ---- only 3 months late

54 minutes ago, Tigger said:

I see the pump king Ts&Cs have changed again.  Without notice - I picked it up because I had an earlier version on my laptop.

For example, the 15 litres minimum and 80 litres maximum seem to have been removed.

Correct and this time it looks a bit more professional except for clause 4.3(c)after 7 Working Days, if the Cardholder has still not paid for the Fuel purchase, Pk Fuel Limited will begin a process to pursue the unpaid debt by appointing a debt collection company. The fee for any unpaid debt shall be £75.00.  A court would regard the £75 as a penalty therefore is not enforceable and easily challenged as it may be an Unfair Term.  Not that any of us would need to challenge it.  Obviously they are not using solicitors when drawing up the T&Cs.

However either way the new T&Cs are not applicable until you have been notified of the changes and I cannot see this happening in the near future!

After a 9 week wait my card arrived this morning and it worked at my local Esso station. They put it in a card reader behind the counter rather than the one in front of the customer but the pin is entered on the machine in front of you. Had to give them mileage and Reg No as well. Also, in response to an earlier query, the letter that came with the card says it can be used across the UK and Europe.

Just now, robhar said:

After a 9 week wait my card arrived this morning and it worked at my local Esso station. They put it in a card reader behind the counter rather than the one in front of the customer but the pin is entered on the machine in front of you. Had to give them mileage and Reg No as well. Also, in response to an earlier query, the letter that came with the card says it can be used across the UK and Europe.

However the card is linked to your UK debit card therefore if you use it on the continent there may be a foreign transaction charge on the debit card negating any savings.  Perhaps the CMC can clarify?

2 hours ago, Durbanite said:

However the card is linked to your UK debit card therefore if you use it on the continent there may be a foreign transaction charge on the debit card negating any savings.  Perhaps the CMC can clarify?

Link it to Nationwide Flexplus card, you then get the interbank exchangevrate which is always the best!!

Andy

Mine arrived today, activated the card, and will try it ASAP...

Whoo Hoo! Postman's been, card is here and I've still got most of my Tractor mag to read.

Jumped through the hoops and registered the card, will test it later in the week.

Just one thing, is anyone else's Unique ID very similar to the imposed, unchangeable PIN number - or is it just me?

Cheers

Keith

Yes my new card works. I wonder how long it will be before the transaction hits my bank account.

Update; just logged in and the newly activated card number has disappeared and so has the PIN. Interesting!

Edited by hawkaye

My new card arrived this morning - it's staying unactivated for the moment, until reports of non-acceptance disappear - and - the price is actually cheaper than nearby where Asda diesel is 123.7 p/litre, less 1% cashback gives 122.5.

3 hours ago, rslsys said:

Just one thing, is anyone else's Unique ID very similar to the imposed, unchangeable PIN number - or is it just me?

Remarkably similar!

Edited by Tigger