Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

CMC's new ESSO fuel card

Just a quick note there does seem to be a problem with some esso cards on the network being declined so far it seems at the moment cards with a date of 22 and on, but just a phone authorisation needs to be done so please be patient when paying thanks

What is annoying is that you fill up, go to pay expecting a discount and the card is then declined however you could have got the fuel elsewhere for less than the Esso pump price elsewhere! 

I've not received my replacement Pump King card as yet, 18th Feb is getting close, original Esso card declined after 19th. 

Every Friday since applying I've received price text, no text yesterday? 

As I've never used the Esso card due issues and cheaper fuel elsewhere, wonder if I've been dropped?

I don't think you are on your own there, Toein.:o

Have you got the "new" web page for activating the card, if it ever arrives, of course:angry:

10 minutes ago, Barum said:

Have you got the "new" web page for activating the card, if it ever arrives, of course:angry:

My web page looks like the original, with the header Pump King, can't remember if it was before, pin not changed and card number entry remains blocked?

10 minutes ago, Toein said:

My web page looks like the original, with the header Pump King, can't remember if it was before, pin not changed and card number entry remains blocked?

Here's what mine looks like now

download.png

Still no replacement card and all cards will be deactivate don the Tuesday 19th Feb.  If we all get our cards on the Monday will the system crash as it cannot handle thousands of people activating their cards?

You already know the answer to that:lol:

I don't think I will be bothering them as our Asda is currently 3p per litre cheaper!

I can see a benefit when we're travelling, but not if the new card doesn't arrive:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Toein said:

I've not received my replacement Pump King card as yet, 18th Feb is getting close, original Esso card declined after 19th. 

Every Friday since applying I've received price text, no text yesterday? 

As I've never used the Esso card due issues and cheaper fuel elsewhere, wonder if I've been dropped?

Text arrived this morning , but still no card

1 hour ago, Barum said:

Here's what mine looks like now

download.png

Thanks Barum, my Pump King web page now has Activate My Fuel Card, tried to activate my original Esso card, banner appears 'This card number not found in our system' :lol:.

My letter with the Esso card attached never mentioned activating card, just 5 steps.

How to use My Esso:

Step 1: Log on to account retrieve pin code

Step 2: Find your nearest Esso station

Step 3: Fill Up, use Esso card and pin to pay

Step 4: Charged to linked account

Step 5: Emailed receipt

Thinking I should have ignored the letter instructions and activated the card? although didn't think I could on the original web page?.....Probably dropped out of the system now :rolleyes:

Edited by Toein

There are new cards being sent out, I would be inclined to wait for yours to arrive.

Andy

7 minutes ago, Mr Plodd said:

There are new cards being sent out, I would be inclined to wait for yours to arrive.

Andy

Yes Andy think I'll have to wait and see, not receiving a weekly price text yesterday made me think there is an issue. 

My text arrived at 09:14 this morning (Saturday)

Diesel £1.264

Unleaded £1.191

Premium Diesel £1.348 !!!

Premium unleaded £1.249 

Not used my card for a couple of weeks as I have had 5p off at Tesco vouchers. 

Andy

I’ve been receiving the text prices since applying for the card in December, but still no sign of the card! It’s pathetic really. Although it’s not directly dealt with by the CMC, if this is the standard of their partners.............

Really bizarre they way some haven’t yet got their card!!

I applied the week before Christmas and my card arrived around 10th January AND it works.

Andy

Just returned from a week away landed at Luton collected car looked at fuel gauge just come onto the red so thought not enough to get us home had to proceed north bound on the M1 so thought Toddington services only need about £25 to get home safely, now I realise services are dear but £1.49 litre for diesel is really extracting the urine but then  standard diesel only premium £1.59  so only put in £10 moral of story make sure you have enough for your journey and do not use BP motor way services rip off merchants

Martin

Although I agree with your comments, Martin, on Motorway fuel pricing, I'm not sure what BP  has to do with a discussion on an ESSO fuel card?;)

Hope you got back home ok.

15 hours ago, Mr Plodd said:

Really bizarre they way some haven’t yet got their card!!

I applied the week before Christmas and my card arrived around 10th January AND it works.

Andy

Andy, they saw your Avarta  ;)

No new replacement card in the post yesterday.  Logging in shows that site has not been updated to reflect any changes.  Current card is supposed to expire on 19th February.  This has been one hell of a disaster from the beginning!

Not sure why the club got involved in this start up with no track record as Pump King was only founded in April 2018!

18 hours ago, nigel207 said:

I’ve been receiving the text prices since applying for the card in December, but still no sign of the card! It’s pathetic really. Although it’s not directly dealt with by the CMC, if this is the standard of their partners.............

And me

I think the next couple of days could be very interesting on this thread!

One way or another:)

• Like 2

Well its the 18th Feb and the postman has just called but no Esso or Pump King card.

1 hour ago, robhar said:

Well its the 18th Feb and the postman has just called but no Esso or Pump King card.

Same here and the current card expires today!

For those interested:

Posted by the Community Manager at the CMC today

"Hi everyone,

We sincerely apologise for the delay in receiving your card. All cards were dispatched on Friday 15th & Saturday 16th of February. Members should be receiving their cards this week. 

If you haven’t received your card by the end of the week, please  contact Pump King at dispatch@pump-king.co.uk for card related queries and customer.service@pump-king.co.uk for general queries.

The deactivation of all current cards will be extended to the end of the week to ensure all members have received their new cards beforehand."

Hope this helps

I reckon I've got more chance of winning the lottery than seeing this card, the postman cometh, the postman goeth and all he left were bills and a hospital appointment!!

Still water bills gone down £3pm so there's my fuel saving!!