Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Please could we agree on an abbreviation for the former Caravan Club ?

Following on from a recent thread, I thought I’d note down the various acronyms we’ve used for the 'Caravan and Motorhome Club' since it changed its name a few years ago …

CMC              

CMHC

C&MC

C+MC

C&MHC

C and MC

C and MHC

CAMC

CAMHC

CaMC

CaMHC

… and even CMC Ltd,  CC&M,  CCMC and CC&MHC !  :rolleyes:

A few still insist on calling it the CC (and yes, I know there’s a t-shirt ) but do they still refer to Google as ‘Backrub’, Pepsi-Cola as ‘Brad’s Drink’, Sony as ‘TTK’, E-bay as ‘Auction Web’, PayPal as ‘Confinity’, O2 as ‘BT Cellnet’, Nissan as ‘Datsun’ or Santander as ‘Abbey National, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley Building Societies’ ? :)

The Club seem to have logically adopted CaMC  (Caravan and Motorhome Club) … perhaps we could all go along with that to avoid having to decipher whatever it is that a poster is referring to?

John

PS, I realise it's not technically an acronym if the initial letters don't form a word, eg 'RADAR' … just an abbreviation :)

Preposition in lower case as in CaSSOA.

Motorhome is all one word so CaMC obviously.  ;)

Most won't give a monkeys.  :P

• Like 2

CC is good enough for me.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

Yep, it will always be the CC to me too!

• Like 6

If you're being strict about it then it's still the Caravan Club Ltd trading as the Caravan and Motorhome Club. So CC t/a C&MC, but as it's probably best to keep abbreviations as short as possible and as this is 'Caravan' Talk I'm sticking with CC.

• Like 1

What are these motor home things any way?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

CC will do for me, the club actually uses CAMC.

Ian

Agree on CC as do not recognise any others! 

25 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Agree on CC as do not recognise any others! 

Indeed, was with a former Centre Chairman and a Centre Secretary last week and they still both called it CC!

geoff

10 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

Nissan as ‘Datsun

Yep get rid of Nissan so we could still rain Datsun Cogs.

Always CC to me, although I have used CMC in some posts to avoid confusion.

A  motorhome is (to me) a caravan on wheels so didn’t see the need to make the change, irrespective of the huge sum it cost to do it.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SamD said:

Yep get rid of Nissan so we could still rain Datsun Cogs.

I had a 1970's Datsun 120Y and it was extremely reliable and could go like the clappers.    Many years later bought a second hand Datsun Cherry and although it rusted to bits when we sold it 5 years later we got more for it second hand than we did when we bought it.   The engine was in big demand.   Earlier this year when visiting South Africa we saw a number of the Datsun 120Y pickups around plus the odd sedan.

Caravan and Truckers Club ;)

• Confused 1

The choice is between CC or CAMC as I see it - I don't mind which or use both.

John.

The legal entity is still the Caravan Club.   The Caravan and Motorhome Club is merely a trading style.  

12 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

Following on from a recent thread, I thought I’d note down the various acronyms we’ve used for the 'Caravan and Motorhome Club' since it changed its name a few years ago …

CMC              

CMHC

C&MC

C+MC

C&MHC

C and MC

C and MHC

CAMC

CAMHC

CaMC

CaMHC

… and even CMC Ltd,  CC&M,  CCMC and CC&MHC !  :rolleyes:

A few still insist on calling it the CC (and yes, I know there’s a t-shirt ) but do they still refer to Google as ‘Backrub’, Pepsi-Cola as ‘Brad’s Drink’, Sony as ‘TTK’, E-bay as ‘Auction Web’, PayPal as ‘Confinity’, O2 as ‘BT Cellnet’, Nissan as ‘Datsun’ or Santander as ‘Abbey National, Alliance & Leicester and Bradford & Bingley Building Societies’ ? :)

The Club seem to have logically adopted CaMC  (Caravan and Motorhome Club) … perhaps we could all go along with that to avoid having to decipher whatever it is that a poster is referring to?

John

PS, I realise it's not technically an acronym if the initial letters don't form a word, eg 'RADAR' … just an abbreviation :)

why? if people refer to it as the cc and we know what it means why worry?

some people still Hoover the carpet :)

macafee2

And some people still call Opal Fruits, Marathon.

The sticker in my caravan's front window says "Caravan Club --- 55 years Membership".            

For me, that's what it will remain - CC

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, fred said:

The legal entity is still the Caravan Club.   The Caravan and Motorhome Club is merely a trading style.  

Indeed. ....

even if SAD  uses it as Snickers!

geoff

• Confused 1

I've never called an Opal Fruit a Marathon:(

29 minutes ago, matelodave said:

I've never called an Opal Fruit a Marathon:(

But SAD is from North Staffs so maybe that's what they call them there?

geoff

2 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

But SAD is from North Staffs so maybe that's what they call them there?

geoff

You are probably right;)

I did not even know the name had changed, there was CC and CCC I am member of latter as for a time slept under nylon, and it has camp sites where I want them, my dad was member of CC club for so long in the end it was fee free.

It's like Pub names, the owner may change the name, but it is still known by the old name, in fact some times not even the name, local Pub always been called Hendy's after a long gone landlord but has always been names the Castle Inn.   Google actually shows Hendy's in correct place and calls a near by house the Castle Inn.

On the main road we had The Railway, and The Central they renamed The Railway as The Clwyd why I have no idea as next to river Dee the river Clwyd and vale of Clwyd are 15 miles away.

So it will always be CC, rather pointless changing name, just like IEE changing there name to IET has caused confusion as paperwork on fitting electrical equipment still calls it IEE.  

I'm another who calls it the CC, let those who wanted a name change can call it by whatever they please its still the Caravan Club to me.

Now they want to have camping pods, eco pods, and shepherd huts included on some sites I think they'll want another waste of money name change soon.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Paul_B said:

let those who wanted a name change --- call it by whatever they please

I heard it was the Chairman who had recently changed to a motor caravan. .....:D. ....:ph34r: