AlanS

ACSI 2019 Books/Membership

Our' s arrived direct from ACSI yesterday which is pretty good for them. Not gone through it in detail yet but looking at the France section and the renumbering there have been a lot of new sites added. Of course the cost of the sites have gone up by 1 Euro across the range but still good value.

Alan

Had a email from Vicarious Books, pre orders have been posted so ours should arrive in the next day or so

Ours arrived Monday, already planning next years holidays!

Got mine on Monday as well, direct from ACSI, very soggy package but contents are ok . We will use it in March / April during our trip to Spain .

Do you order or do they automatically send them from ACSI?  Every year we get two sets of books for some reason.

Mine are standing order, when I first got them several years ago they worked out at about £9 now it’s about £14, shows how the pound has fared over the last few years as they are bought in euros . The order does include the years subscription to the app though .

6 hours ago, stevew1 said:

Mine are standing order, when I first got them several years ago they worked out at about £9 now it’s about £14, shows how the pound has fared over the last few years as they are bought in euros . The order does include the years subscription to the app though .

Same here. Ours is on continuous subscription and you have to notify ACSI in writing if you want to cancel that annual subscription.

Alan

On our way home tomorrow from our latest trip, Chittlehamholt CL and Exmoor House, and looking forward to finding our ACSI book in the hall!

I can then  sit and plan, over the next few weeks, and dream of next years journey through France.

Just got to live that long!

Edited by PR1
Added text

On 07/12/2018 at 07:41, Les Medes said:

Had a email from Vicarious Books, pre orders have been posted so ours should arrive in the next day or so

Arrived two hours after I posted the above from those lovely people in Folkestone ( Vicarious Books )

Mine arrived yesterday!:)

Ordered mine via the camc, no show so far, but not needed until we go away in mid January  

kot

pigs

Ours arrived today - and was left outside in the rain!  It's now drying out on the radiator.

Ours arrived the other day, in a Royal Mail poly bag marked "damaged on arrival in UK".  The books were hanging out of the cardboard container, and one of them was in a bit of a state, the other was fine.  I emailed ACSI and received a very nice reply saying they would send me another copy of the damaged book.  Very kind of them, considering it wasn't their fault that it got damaged in transit.

I think the cardboard packaging is very easily destroyed when wet - it falls apart into 'crumbs'.  I wonder if the complained about packages have got wet somewhere along their journey.

Ours arrived in a jiffy bag wh7ch has poythene bubble wrap in it so pretty waterproof!

We were out when it came so I had to go to the local mail place to get it. Its only a 5 minute drive or half hour walk!:)

Ours was from ACSI -  was yours, 664DaveS?   Our books were in a cardboard sleeve with a fold-in tab to fasten it, no sellotape - so it wasn't stuck down,  no jiffy bag, no bubble wrap.    I'm not surprised that the packaging is failing.  

Ours comes from Vicarious Books, they e mail us every year to check we require it. Quuick reply,pay and they tell you when its dispatched. B)

Ours is coming from ACSI but it hasn't come yet. Hoping it will be here before 2nd January. We will be on the ferry to Bilbao.

Les

Should there be a book of maps this year? Ours arrived today from C&CC - 2 books of sites but no map book like the one included last year.

Jim

The card is in the front of part 2 and the map book is in the back of part 1 (stuck with a blob of glue).

Mine has not turned up yet! Was looking forward to reading it and planning next years trips!

Still waiting for mine direct from ACSI Publishing. Their email back in October advised my credit card would be charged after delivery -    € 15. 95

14 hours ago, ValA said:

Ours was from ACSI -  was yours, 664DaveS?   Our books were in a cardboard sleeve with a fold-in tab to fasten it, no sellotape - so it wasn't stuck down,  no jiffy bag, no bubble wrap.    I'm not surprised that the packaging is failing.  

Mine’s arrived from ACSI - I think you must have had a late Fri afto dispatch Val, 😢 as ours was perfectly sealed & taped (no Jiffy bag or waterproof though). 

Still waiting, ordered from C+CC told it was on its way, HURRY UP times running out we go in August!!

11 hours ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

Still waiting for mine direct from ACSI Publishing. Their email back in October advised my credit card would be charged after delivery -    € 15. 95

It arrived this morning - hooray !