caravan paint colour

In Leicestershire, where I live, is a holiday site for permanent vans and chalets. It's been there since well before the war, but is in an area of great natural beauty (Charnwood Forest). Today it would not be allowed, due to planning restrictions etc. But as it's existing, it can stay.

BUT all have to be painted dark green so that they are difficult to see from outside the site.

They do look dull!

In the 60 s a coloured tourer caravan came in different colours with a tin of gloss and good brush . My parents was a battleship grey caravan and my sister had a barbie pink caravan which was a Blue bird .

I was still painting caravans upto the 80s .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

6 hours ago, daveat92 said:

In Leicestershire, where I live, is a holiday site for permanent vans and chalets. It's been there since well before the war, but is in an area of great natural beauty (Charnwood Forest). Today it would not be allowed, due to planning restrictions etc. But as it's existing, it can stay.

BUT all have to be painted dark green so that they are difficult to see from outside the site.

They do look dull!

But when you see row upon row of white ones in a scenic area it makes me cringe.

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

7 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

But when you see row upon row of white ones in a scenic area it makes me cringe.

I agree.

17 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Nearly as bad as polytunnels in southern Spain. ..

On 04/12/2018 at 15:17, Black Grouse said:

At least the colour's uniform within the surroundings.   Imagine how it would look if they were available in every colour under the rainbow?  Personally the colour of caravan's doesn't bother me, I can't see colour options ever being considered due to manufacturing costs.

19 minutes ago, GaryB1969 said:

At least the colour's uniform within the surroundings.   Imagine how it would look if they were available in every colour under the rainbow?  

Much better than rows of white and nearly white!