Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Act soon to beat CaMC price increases

15 hours ago, Signature said:

In the new CMC site book I've noticed they've stopped peak and off peak prices and now bundling the pitch and adult price all in one cost. So am i right to believe that it is still only one pitch fee charged per night? If so where it say's 1 Adult and pitch is £15 per night: how much of that 15quid is the pitch and how much for the one adult?

As a side to be honest, I lost quite a bit of enthusiasm for the 'club' when informed at a south coast club site year before last that when the director general(Nick Lomas) and few of the staff came down for a bit of a jolly up they refused the use of pre set up caravans by the wardens prefering a local hotel instead. I mean if they can't believe in this pursuit then whats the point of it all?

Not sure if this post is all 'fake news' but the CC still have variable pricing based on anticipated demand for any given date. As a for instance, we stayed at Moorhampton recently, and their website shows that pitch price varies between £3.95 to £8.50 per night depending on date. The per adult charge is £6.10 and remains the same all year. 

As to the DG story, is it just that, made up to feed the anti sentiments felt by some people?

2 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

Not sure if this post is all 'fake news' but the cc still have variable pricing based on anticipated demand for any given date. As a for instance, we stayed at Moorhampton recently, and their website shows that pitch price varies between £3.95 to £8.50 per night depending on date. The per adult charge is £6.10 and remains the same all year. 

As to the DG story, is it just that, made up to feed the anti sentiments felt by some people?

No not a made up story, just one a few interesting informative things you get to know about whilst chatting with the waldens. I have absolutely no reason to lie about anything, but I won't take it personally.

Anti sentiment? Is that what Jeremy Corbyn is accused of?😅

26 minutes ago, Signature said:

No not a made up story, just one a few interesting informative things you get to know about whilst chatting with the waldens. I have absolutely no reason to lie about anything, but I won't take it personally.

Naw - Jeremy Corbyn stands accused of aunty semantics ...:P

Steve

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Signature said:

Well, if JC was with the DG's party it's no wonder they went to a hotel. I understand he once had a bad experience with Diane Abbott in a caravan. ;)

You only have to walk around a caravan site to see why electric is going up, I've paid for it so I'm going to use it.  Those of us who don't use so much pay to support others.

I like the idea of meters then those who use it do actually pay for it :).

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

:D I have not seen the mention of deposit yet :D

20 hours ago, jetA1 said:

I think you have hit the nail on the head. I would find it very difficult to believe that 'leccy prices" have gone up by 25% in the current environment, that just flies in the face of everything we are told about competitive markets.   If by some quirk of fate electricity costs have "really" gone up by 25% then someone (at cc)  has taken their eye off the ball. 

I think in the present climate there are many organisations who "exploit" genuine price rises but somehow manage to add a percentage on the back of it to line their owns pockets. 

I would think we are seeing huge rises in Electric prices on sites due to more sites being open all year and more people going away in the winter when larger volumes of electric are being used which is out balancing the subsidiary from the summer user that use very little .

The club is going to have to put in meters to make it more economical to the summer user ?

This attitude of I have paid for it I ll use it is a joke when you can use £70 in electric a week and only pay £30 .

Dave

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

I would think we are seeing huge rises in Electric prices on sites due to more sites being open all year and more people going away in the winter when larger volumes of electric are being used which is out balancing the subsidiary from the summer user that use very little .

The club is going to have to put in meters to make it more economical to the summer user ?

This attitude of I have paid for it I ll use it is a joke when you can use £70 in electric a week and only pay £30 .

Dave

£ 70 a week!!! I wonder what is it used for, I pay £55 a month for a 3 bed semi with a large koi fish pond  in the garden with 3 pumps  running continuously.

Edited by oldboy

Just checked my last five January electricity bills and they're all under £50 for the month, averaging £48, that's in a 4 bed detached. There again the size of property makes little difference in electricity usage' unless you use it for space heating. We're gradually swapping to LED lighting and all the well used lights have been LED for a while now. We've recently had to buy new washing machine and tumble dryer and they've reduced consumption. So whilst the price per unit has increased the consumption has dropped and the bills stay roughly the same. Would that it applied to caravan sites too.

In the area with which I am more familiar (seagoing marinas) a number have been challenged on electricity  pricing (can be £3 per night or more) because it is illegal to do other than pass the costs of the electricity onto the consumer... I can't remember the exact details but will hunt around to substantiate

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

In the area with which I am more familiar (seagoing marinas) a number have been challenged on electricity  pricing (can be £3 per night or more) because it is illegal to do other than pass the costs of the electricity onto the consumer... I can't remember the exact details but will hunt around to substantiate

The cost of electrics is in the site fees, its not itemised, this will cover electric used and the cost of the infrastructure.

The last metered site we used cost us £1.20 for the weekend.

5 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

Well, if JC was with the DG's party it's no wonder they went to a hotel. I understand he once had a bad experience with Diane Abbott in a caravan. ;)

Are you allowed to say that on here? I am of a nervous disposition you know. I wont be able to sleep tonight. 

23 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

Diane Abbott is a bad experience full stop :D

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

Blimey, old fuzzyface getting it on with blunderwoman.just imagine what the love child would look like..eek!

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, oldboy said:

£ 70 a week!!! I wonder what is it used for, I pay £55 a month for a 3 bed semi with a large koi fish pond  in the garden with 3 pumps  running continuously.

But your not running a 2 kw in a heater and appliances in the caravan and a 2 kw heater day and night in a awning which we know people will do on sites in the winter months .

I know myself during the winter months my heating will go on and not turned off till we leave and appliances juggled not to exceed the 16a .

Dave

On 25/04/2019 at 19:41, Signature said:

In the new CMC site book I've noticed they've stopped peak and off peak prices and now bundling the pitch and adult price all in one cost.

That  is how it appears in the latest site directory,but I can assure you that the cc have not stopped the peak and off peak price structure.If you look any any of their pricing for site fees on the cc web site you will clearly see when the children are off school and prices rise.

2 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

But your not running a 2 kw in a heater and appliances in the caravan and a 2 kw heater day and night in a awning which we know people will do on sites in the winter months .

I know myself during the winter months my heating will go on and not turned off till we leave and appliances juggled not to exceed the 16a .

Dave

Now I understand why you assume everyone doing it because you do it.

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, oldboy said:

Now I understand why you assume everyone doing it because you do it.

When I am in the Highlands for 3 months in winter months and it is sub zero outside you need to run your heating . Everyone uses heating in the winter in caravans and some in awnings but trying to heat a tin shed with huge openings covered by plastic requires the 6 kw heaters that are now required to grade 3 .

Modern caravans now are being fitted with power management systems as they are using the maximum electric energy available at 16a on CMC sites .  This why we are seeing people looking at living in caravans in the winter on sites as £4 and night on electric is peanuts . I wish I could run my 14 kw gas boiler on £4 a day in winter .

As I said earlier if the increase in demand for using the sites in winter continues as people use £10-£15 a day metering  will be needed . 4 kw x 24 hr possible 96 kwh. 

https://britishbusinessenergy.co.uk/electricity/

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

3 minutes ago, CommanderDave said:

When I am in the Highlands for 3 months in winter months and it is sub zero outside you need to run your heating . Everyone uses heating in the winter in caravans and some in awnings but trying to heat a tin shed with huge openings covered by plastic requires the 6 kw heaters that are now required to grade 3 .

I have spent many a holiday in freezing conditions but I would never leave the heating on when out during the day.  A boost on gas at my expense on return and it's soon up to temp.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SamD said:

I have spent many a holiday in freezing conditions but I would never leave the heating on when out during the day.  A boost on gas at my expense on return and it's soon up to temp.

If your using gas to boost Alde I dont bother.

It's not the speed at which the glycol heats up but the transfer of heat from the radiators that's slow.

I've tried with mini fans blowing air over the rads but no real improvement.

The best option we have found for rapid caravan heat up, is the electric fan heater.

We always leave the heating on, drop it down to 19 degrees.

I'm not that concerned about electric usage, that's upto the Club to manage.

Edited by Wellys and Mac

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Wellys and Mac said:

Nobody is concerned while we are not paying at the moment but if more people go away in winter using electric you will be paying more in the summer to subsidise it .

The commercial site I stayed just before Easter used meters in Nov,Dec and Jan .

Dave .

Edited by CommanderDave

1 hour ago, Wellys and Mac said:

If your using gas to boost Alde I dont bother.

It's not the speed at which the glycol heats up but the transfer of heat from the radiators that's slow.

I've tried with mini fans blowing air over the rads but no real improvement.

The best option we have found for rapid caravan heat up, is the electric fan heater.

We always leave the heating on, drop it down to 19 degrees.

It's both!  Add Alde underfloor heating and, without gas, it's slow to heat it all.

On 26/04/2019 at 16:41, CommanderDave said:

Dave

We use electric for heating a bungalow with 5 rooms and in the coldest month it is very unlikely if we will even peak at £40 a week so not sure where you get the £70!  We keep the temperature at 20C!

I have checked my use of electric when it is on the drive during winter, hooked up with Alde heating set at 22c on 2kw, fridge and charger on/off during a 24hr period and it uses according to my smart meter £2.30 per 24 hrs

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Dave

6 Kw heater!! is that additional heater? the Alde in my caravan can only go up to 3 kw I only set it at 2 kw  without gas in winter never had any problem in -7 the caravan still maintain 21 degrees inside

Edited by oldboy