AndreatheAdria

Window strips shrunk

Hi all,

We've got a 2005 Adria Adora 2005 and we've got a problem whereby the plastic trim on the inside of the front windows looks as though it's shrunk (see picture). Whilst this isn't a problem as such i'd like to get it sorted so has anyone else had this problem and is it easy to fix as it seems like one of those jobs where i could make a right mess of it so just debating whether to just leave it as it is. This is on ALL the front windows in all corners.

IMG_20181124_111311.jpg

Keep the blinds up a few inches to hide it in the first instance

Take a look at seals direct or similar as the do a range of profiles in different materials or magnum motorhomes who also stock quite a range of different profiles

I have the same problem but not as bad as yours. I have often thought about playing a hairdryer on it to soften it a bit and try to push it back in. I wondered if it has something to do with the cold weather possibly shrinking the plastic strip making it tighten around the curves of the windows.   

It is a common problem, and yes the plastic strip has simply shrunk.

You have two options, well, three actually.

1. Leave it as it is .

2. There should be a decent overlap usually at the bottom under one of the window locks, remove the window lock blocks and stretch the infill out, replace the blocks, but that will leave some screw holes visible.

3. Get some new strip from Seals Direct, or your local dealer, and replace the whole lot, but if you do this, make sure you mark the positions of the window lock blocks first.

I have changed the strips on a previous van. Easy to do but as Brecon said make sure you mark the the necessary screw holes. Also use a plastic edging trim tool so that you don't damage the likes of fly screens as you lift the window rubber to insert the strip. Make the overlap at the top of the window out of site or under a block.

I found there is not enough overlap to remove the gap.

Tom

Best to do this on a warm day and make sure you snug the strip down well in all the corners.

As mentioned above, mark all the fittings screw holes, either by using a bit of making tape on the side of the rubber or a small dab of tippex, it will rub off with your nail.

Most important though,  get the correct width, it saves a lot of swearing. :rolleyes: :D

13 hours ago, AndreatheAdria said:

Hi all,

We've got a 2005 Adria Adora 2005 and we've got a problem whereby the plastic trim on the inside of the front windows looks as though it's shrunk (see picture).

I had exactly the same problem.    I repaired mine using new strip bought off ebay by the metre.      I did a write-up of the job in my blog.    See it here.      Scroll down to job number 13.