Enrayn

Tent to Caravan

Hi

Canvas to tourer - bought a caravan at the NEC show - picking it up in Feb

Excited 

:)

• Like 1

Let me hazard a guess.

A Weinsberg CaraOne 390QD German van with the door positioned on the UK side.

:welcome:

25 minutes ago, WispMan said:

Let me hazard a guess.

A Weinsberg CaraOne 390QD German van with the door positioned on the UK side.

:welcome:

Amazing guessing

Let me try to guess yours

Bailey?

Pageant?

:Thankyou:

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to caravans and the forum,

this reminds me of my daughter when she went to the food festival with her tenting friends and they said, what're you doing for breakfast, and she said going to mi mams caravan as its more comfortable  :lol:

Welcome - from another ex-tenter.  :D.  

We did the same thing in late ‘15. Best move we’ve made for a long time.  

Yup, we changed in 2016 - never looked back 

9 hours ago, Enrayn said:

Hi

Canvas to tourer - bought a caravan at the NEC show - picking it up in Feb

Excited 

:)

Well done, wait for the first rainy day when youre pitching up and some poor soul is putting a tent up. You arrive, drop 4 legs, plug in and have a brew. You must of course have a smug, contented look on your face LOL.

Seriously, you will enjoy it I'm sure.

3 hours ago, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Well done, wait for the first rainy day when youre pitching up and some poor soul is putting a tent up. You arrive, drop 4 legs, plug in and have a brew. You must of course have a smug, contented look on your face LOL.

And you should,of course, take the campers a cup of tea and a few biscuits in the true spirit of camping😀

Enjoy.

36 minutes ago, ivan leslie said:

And you should,of course, take the campers a cup of tea and a few biscuits in the true spirit of camping😀

Enjoy.

Absolutely, done it several times. Oddly enough when I was a tent dweller, that never happened.

Hi all

Thanks for the welcome.

It was dismantling on a muddy field in a gale that finally convinced us :)

That and ageing bones creaking.

Also started off in a Cabanon frame tent, then upgraded to trailer tent, then folding campers, and now caravan.   I freely admit though, I do miss the old tent.   Funny, but when it was a very hot day, it would take longer to put up than when it was cold and rainy:D.   Anway, :welcome: to the forum

Made the same move in the very early 80s, but still miss the magic element of canvas [it was canvas, then], to an extent we nearly always erect an awning or canopy to get at least a bit of it.

Enjoy caravanning, we still do now another nearly 40 years on.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 03:52, AJGalaxy2012 said:

We did the same back in 2004. 6 factory fresh caravans, 4 were leakers. Never had a leaking tent?

What more could you possibly need?    😆  

IMG_0016.jpg

• Like 1

that's a cracking set up Sir :)

2 hours ago, Leedslad said:

IMG_0016.jpg

That looks suspiciously like  Khyam Igloo, no? Still have mine (that I bought in the eighties for motorcycle camping. Great little tent that I'll never get rid of).

I also have a Kampa Hayling tent, which gets used once or twice per year when we fancy a break from the Elddis. Love tents, and have done for about 55 years!

Starting off in the 60's with a Bukta Wanderlust  and finally finishing off with a Cabanon Frame tent. We decided on the way back from France in 1986 that we needed a camping trailer. On getting back home and giving it some thought we decided that if we were pulling a trailer it might has well be a caravan.   We found an end of season brand new Alpine sprite going cheap. No electric, no loo, no fridge but a great little caravan. We eventually did have a fridge fitted and had that van for seven years. We are now on our fifth caravan. My son has just bought his first caravan after a number of years in tents and loves it.

welcome . .

after years of camping I went on a trip at the end of the heatwave this year. ..only for it to rain hard for 3 days. ..  consequently I bought a second hand caravan and after getting it serviced and having the boiler fixed I missed the summer season. .

Now waiting for the spring and my first time out in it as all the nice camp sites in the South East are either fully booked or closed. ...

Towards our end of camping days, Brothers Water Easter.

And no we had not sprinkled ant powder around the base of the tent as an old great aunt thought!

20181206_085220.thumb.png.21f4d861ec66a0c9b0e467b7377e45a6.png

14 hours ago, Leedslad said:

IMG_0016.jpg

Stunning - is the Deux Chevaux yours? Absolutely love them, one of my team

has a late Dolly and I’m scared that if I drive it we will have to buy one!  My dad had a 1981 Visa Special with the 652cc flat twin but electronic ignition and a mighty 34bhp as opposed to 29 in the 2CV!

Welcome from another ex-tenter (canvas).  And to be perfectly honest, I still miss those days.   I remember them with more fondness than the caravan.   Have had more issues from damp ingress (in a new model) to theft of same caravan.   Never, ever have I had any issues at all with all our tents, trailer tents and folding campers.   The only reason I won't (or can't) go back to our folding campers is because OH is now 79, so getting on a bit for hefting one up.

• Like 1

I camped for a week once nearly 50 years ago, and have successfully maintained the "never go camping" vow I made then

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, Kayak said:

Starting off in the 60's with a Bukta Wanderlust  and finally finishing off with a Cabanon Frame tent. We decided on the way back from France in 1986 that we needed a camping trailer. On getting back home and giving it some thought we decided that if we were pulling a trailer it might has well be a caravan.   We found an end of season brand new Alpine sprite going cheap. No electric, no loo, no fridge but a great little caravan. We eventually did have a fridge fitted and had that van for seven years. We are now on our fifth caravan. My son has just bought his first caravan after a number of years in tents and loves it.

Out tent was a Cabanon Montpellier Frame tent, with awning extension. Great tents!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, David P said:

Out tent was a Cabanon Montpellier Frame tent, with awning extension. Great tents!

Totally agree with you David, Cabanon were the Rolls Royce of frame tents.   In fact, up to a few years ago, most all canvas for awnings were made by Cababon

And to everyone else, I do apologise for welcoming Enrayn twice:D