Solar heating for winter storage

Outdoorcat

Does anyone know if its viable to keep very low heating on run by a solar panel to keep the damp off while not using the caravan over winter. I have a great solid fuel stove while I'm in the caravan but I plan to go away for several months this winter and wondered if there was any heating that would stop everything in my caravan getting very damp.   Thanks

:welcome:

I have caravanned for 12 years and have stored my van both in a building and outside. I leave no heating just almost abandon my van for at least 6 months and  have never experienced any damp inside at all. I leave the upholstery as it is but do clean, dry and then bag up sheets, pillows and duvets. No damp to be seen or smelt.

If you are getting damp then investigate how the moisture is getting in with a damp test.

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

Boat experience based again… I have 2X100W Panels, and they keep the 330 AH batteries up to snuff, but you don't see much more than 0. 5 A out of the controller at this time of year.   So, 12Vx0. 5A=6W. .. (and pro rate downwards for smaller panels)… Short answer therefore is no.

Only by using gas, which, if left un-attended, is asking for a problem IMHO

Edited by SteveMilner