We are looking at a new Adria Alpina Colorado however we have noticed that the ALDE heater is under a rear bed has anybody  got the same van or layout and if so does the boiler creat noise to keep you awake at night and are there any other issues such as towing such a large van on a single axle.

Many thanks in Advance

Mark.  

2019 Adria Alpina Colorado With E&P Pulled by 2019 VW Amarok Highline

Alde unit is in the cupboard right next to the bed in our Isonzo and I think the fridge makes more noise than the central heating. I do notice various ticks as pipes heat up and cool down though.

Towing is not a problem for us with a Discovery, I'm sure a twin axle is more stable but I've had no issues apart from getting a "nudge" as large vans an coaches pass on the motorway. I was slightly concerned about towing an 8ft wide caravan but in reality it is not a problem on the open road. Just be careful at gate entrances, drive sensibly & in control.

Once you arrive onsite the benefit of the extra width inside is amazing.

formerly ClassikFan

We have a 2017 Colorado.   No noise from the boiler.  The pump on this version of the Alde boiler is almost silent.  We go away every month and must have towed the van well over 6000 miles.  It tows better than our old Caravan, an Elddis Crusader Storm which was a twin.  The Adria is on a Delta axle which makes a big difference.  We love this Caravan!

Mchael

Thanks for your replies back off for another drive to Venture. . 

If you have any more questions about the Colorado just ask.  Not sure if it is now in the marketing blurb for the Caravan but it has underfloor heating which even the dealers did not know about when we bought ours, also from Venture.   In our opinion it is much much better built and more robust that our previous Elddis.  

The front locker is massive and due to the high nose weight and built in balance of the Caravan you can fill it up.  We routinely check the nose weight before traveling and despite lots of things stored in the locker, including the waste master and aqua roll, it still sits at about 110 to 115kg.

We have done a few small mods which we can tell you about if you are interested.

Michael

Michael

Thanks for your reply we have been looking at Elddis but cant help but think that they are thrown together by comparison, i have never seen anything with as much excess sealant on every joint as i did on the Elddis Crusaders that we have looked at, what are the small mods that you have done? the only thing that we don't like on the 2019 models are the curtains, however the boss is already looking into this.

Mark

As there is only two of us using the caravan we have taken down the divider curtain and rail in the middle of the caravan.   The Caravan is high off the ground and we found the pull out step was too high by itself and got in the way when used with ‘normal’ plastic steps so removed it (helps with payload).  We also removed the window curtains and rails from the side windows, we only use the blinds.  Changed the hinges on the cupboard just inside the door on the right (the one below the TV) so it opened to almost 180 deg to make it easier to use.  Have got a Bluetooth dongle for the TV that goes in the earphone socket of TV so sound comes out of the speakers in the front two corners not the TV rear speaker.  We can now hear TV easily without being heard outside.  We have also removed the pull out slats and legs for front bed.  Looks better without them, we will never use it and it again gives a bit more back to the payload.  All the things we have removed we still have and could be easily refitted if we ever decided to sell.

We had to have a TV aerial fitted, it is now standard, but we made sure the aerial lead from the battery box terminated next to the booster unit so we could easily switch from roof aerial to one on an external bollard.

The big cost item that we have added is the E and P levelling system.  Really, it is not essential, but as we use the caravan so much it is a nice indulgent (if expensive) luxury.

We really liked our Storm but had problems with leaking roof light so decided to change. The Adria was the only caravan we liked as much inside. Having used both we think the Adria is better in all respects.  

Good luck with choosing the caravan that suits you both the best.

Michael

Did removing the divider rail leave fixing holes in the ceiling? we have said that we would  take the curtain down as there is there is only the 2 of us and i have to agree the step is high, however we are having it up plated to 2000kg so should be ok with weights, the Bluetooth dongle is a brilliant idea where did you get it from.

Mark

Got the dongle on Amazon.  Ours not there now, something like this   https://www. amazon. co. uk/dp/B073RBLH3P/ref=asc_df_B073RBLH3P56949898/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22146&creativeASIN=B073RBLH3P&linkCode=df0&hvadid=310891372516&hvpos=1o3&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5367547616425860168&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9044981&hvtargid=pla-420683644059

Pairs with the Caravan Bluetooth receiver.   I charge the dongle while in use with my kindle cable plugged into the USB port near the TV.

I am now wondering if I did remove the rail as well?  Will check later this week when we get the van out of storage for next trip.

Michael