Sign in to follow this  
ValA

YOUR passport after Brexit - Government guidance

Just now, Alexbee said:

And I reckon you wont.  Who on earth is this dwarf you Talk about?  The average height for a woman in England is 5ft 3 and Nicola Sturgeon is 5ft 4 so Ive ruled her out.  

so you know who I was alluding to then:lol:

12 minutes ago, matelodave said:

I just could understand the dwarf reference, still cant in fact.  I get why unionists might want to call her posionous but the dwarf thing seems just more than a bit silly.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, matelodave said:

Jimmy Krankee:D 

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, paulthomas said:

Well,alright.

Cleethorpes?

After all who needs fresh baguettes, moules mariniers, pasta, paella, sangria,  

aperol, croissants, verres de vins, moussaka, soupe d'ognion, pastel donata,

grilled sea bass, swordfish, prawn pils pils. and stuff like that, when you can have fish, chips, mushy peas and a glass of Vimto?

Much better!

I've always wanted to go back to Cleethorpes.   I visited the place for a day trip only about 4 or so years ago, and found the most fantastic looking crazy golf ever.   I may try next year:)

8 hours ago, svimes said:

Yes, be good to get a renewal done before this silly symbol comes in

That's because we opted out of Schengen and chose not to have ID cards. Nowt to do with unfair treatment (sigh)

Whether we opted out or not, I doubt the Government would wish us to use ID cards to travel to Europe, but only in our own country.   Its a money thing.   At £80 (apologies, not sure how much a passport costs now) a pop, the Government would still require us to use passports

Anyway, not to do with passports, but one subject that I've not yet heard anybody moan about, and personally, doesn't really bother me, but is it back to basics with duty free then?  That is 250 ciggies and 1 ltr of spirits, etc?:D  No white vans going over on ferries to get their 20,000 fags, 2 tons of tobacco, 50 cases of spirits (various) and a vineyard of wine, for personal consumption only of course

Edited by Babstreefern

We will still use our passports as third country nationals  they become tourist visas in EU and will not be any problem upto 90 days .

It will all depend if we have no deal and agreements .

I think it will free up pitches in the EU if we are limited to 3 months ?

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

14 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

Its a money thing.   At £80 (apologies, not sure how much a passport costs now) a pop, the Government would still require us to use passports

Nah, I don't think so. Blair did introduce ID cards and they were permissible to use for EU travel. They cost £30, I believe (which included subsidisation of the full cost).   The Tories scrapped them in 2010 but I think that any plans to make them compulsory had long since fallen away.  

The main hurdle was that they were just unpopular.

22 minutes ago, Babstreefern said:

but is it back to basics with duty free then?

No one knows.

In theory, yes, but it depends on the deal.  

I prefer the current system.   We usually manage to bring back at least 3 month supply of wine!

2 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

No they won’t, I’ll use my German Ausweis on the way back :D

Then you will be an illegal in England as you will never have left!  LOL!

Well, at least it's all looking so promising.  :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, paulthomas said:

Well, at least it's all looking so promising.  :)

Wonder how long this Yet Another Bxxxxx thread will last 😀

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ancell said:

Wonder how long this Yet Another Bxxxxx thread will last 😀

I give it two hours or until another Minister resigns.

. .or 100 years for Corbyn to decide where he stands.

Desperate, lightweight, do nothing, previously unsuccessful lightweights, the lot of them.

Anyway, it's only an issue that will define our, and most importantly, our children's and grandchildren's futures.

Why worry?

(I feel the moderator gates closing as we "speak").  :)

9 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I'm guessing it would be a a lot worse now if you're a Mexican

When my daughter was studying in Ontario as part of the Erasmus scheme, she and her mates (one Swedish, one  Spanish) went on a day trip to Buffalo. On their way back, the Canadian border agents tried to refuse entry to her Spanish friend as they thought she was a Mexican illegal, despite her passport. Luckily the university confirmed that she was genuine.

3 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Then you will be an illegal in England as you will never have left!  LOL!

Which reminds me that my father in law must still be showing as a Canadian resident as when he moved back to the UK in 2011, he used his Canadian passport on the way out, and his British passport when he landed here.

6 hours ago, Alexbee said:

And I reckon you wont.  Who on earth is this dwarf you Talk about?  The average height for a woman in England is 5ft 3 and Nicola Sturgeon is 5ft 4 so Ive ruled her out.  

The Shrek is 5' 2. 75" according to this source https://www. celebheights. com/s/Nicola-Sturgeon-49678. html

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, svimes said:

That's because we opted out of Schengen and chose not to have ID cards. Nowt to do with unfair treatment (sigh)

You oughtn't to do that, point out that things blamed on the EU are actually nothing to do with the EU but sovererign decisions made by a sovereign government - you’ll have spontaneous combustion on your hands.

Edited by FrankBullet

8 hours ago, FrankBullet said:

You oughtn't to do that, point out that things blamed on the EU are actually nothing to do with the EU but sovererign decisions made by a sovereign government - you’ll have spontaneous combustion on your hands.

Hehe. Perhaps we can have a BBQ.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Who mentioned dwarfism ?

Matelotdave, and  of course yourself when you quoted a post with the dwarf reference, have you forgotten ??  That counts as a mention in my opinion.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Alexbee said:

definition 1B just about covers it - nothing to do with height:ph34r:

23 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

I doubt it, nowhere are immigration officials so obnoxious in the Western world as in the US. .. It's never been that bad coming into the UK (except when trying to use electronic passport scanning!)

👍

35 minutes ago, Alexbee said:

Matelotdave, and  of course yourself when you quoted a post with the dwarf reference, have you forgotten ??  That counts as a mention in my opinion.

I'll edit quoted posts in future then - I was only responding to variations in her reported height, and her nickname as told to me by Scots who hate her as much as coal miners hated Maggie Thatcher.

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, matelodave said:

I reckon we'll have more trouble getting in and out of Scotland if the poisoned dwarf has her way.

Perhaps she might team up with Trump to build a massive golf course north of Berwick with Trumps favourite item on the south boundary?😀

1 minute ago, ancell said:

Perhaps she might team up with Trump to build a massive golf course north of Berwick with Trumps favourite item on the south boundary?😀

Americans aren't good at geography so he'd probably just occupy part of Northumberland and rebuild Hadrian's Wall.

13 hours ago, paulthomas said:

I give it two hours or until another Minister resigns.

. .or 100 years for Corbyn to decide where he stands.

Desperate, lightweight, do nothing, previously unsuccessful lightweights, the lot of them.

Anyway, it's only an issue that will define our, and most importantly, our children's and grandchildren's futures.

Why worry?

(I feel the moderator gates closing as we "speak").  :)

Never in my 50 years of following UK politics has our political class been SO lacking in vision and talent!

Here we are 2019 weeks away and no one in the UK has the slightest idea what will happen at our channel ports next year.

I feel sorry for the poor truckies who will take the brunt of the upcoming shambles.

11 minutes ago, Black Grouse said:

Americans aren't good at geography so he'd probably just occupy part of Northumberland and rebuild Hadrian's Wall.

On the upside he will remove all wind turbines😀

Perhaps introduce the right to bear arms in Northumberland?

Kick start the local economy with a hand gun factory?

It's all going a bit " chests upwards."

Embarrassing really.

5 hours ago, paulthomas said:

It's all going a bit " chests upwards."

Embarrassing really.

Apparently we will be vasailing as well as Wassailing according to Jo Johnson.

Its utterly utterly barmy-and-sadly-ohh so predictable as sitting Government MPs like turkeys feel Christmas approaching and want to avoid the electoral defenestration.

One thing is certain we are watching our government coming apart at the seams.

Surely Corbin will not be PM by easter?