Sign in to follow this  
ValA

YOUR passport after Brexit - Government guidance

8 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Visiting here will be like visiting the US  for EU members and your still be able but need more documents and restrictions .

Dave

She won't be happy with that, she see's the UK as her 'second home', she's been going there 2 to 3 times a year with me for the past 26 years. I remember when she first started to going to Barnsley with me she was a bit of a novelty as not many 'Europeans' lived there, nowadays everyone thinks she's Polish . .....................lol :D

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 17:20, David Park said:

Do we know if they are ready or when will be?

Yes, be good to get a renewal done before this silly symbol comes in

15 hours ago, Babstreefern said:

Wouldn't mind so much, but we've been screwed since we entered into the EU (or Common Market as it was then).  All of the Europeans on the main land just used ID cards to travel (but had to use passports when coming into this country).  We the Brits still had to buy bloody passports to travel there.   Even abolished the year only passports, which was ok if you wanted to go for a one off trip.   So much for "free" movement

That's because we opted out of Schengen and chose not to have ID cards. Nowt to do with unfair treatment (sigh)

• Like 2

On 07/11/2018 at 17:20, David Park said:

Do we know if they are ready or when will be?

October 2019 according to Gov. uk.

My greatest concern will be having to join the non-EU queue at passport control.  

There will be chaos at some of the holiday destinations.

41 minutes ago, svimes said:

Yes, be good to get a renewal done before this silly symbol comes in

That's because we opted out of Schengen and chose not to have ID cards. Nowt to do with unfair treatment (sigh)

You mean they didn't actually force us out of Schengen? ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

The UK is only leaving the EU, contrary to what many in the media keep reporting, it will be remaining in Europe.

True, but I think Europe may be leaving us!

But, then, only the wealthy such as that what I am will be able to afford to visit them places where furriners live.

52 minutes ago, Bugleboy said:

My greatest concern will be having to join the non-EU queue at passport control.  

There will be chaos at some of the holiday destinations.

Ho ho, do you really think that a car arriving at Roscoff with British husband and French wife will have to drive past the passport booth twice?  Come on! 

16 minutes ago, moorgate said:

Ho ho, do you really think that a car arriving at Roscoff with British husband and French wife will have to drive past the passport booth twice?  Come on! 

That's the 'joke' in our house, my daughter and I have told my Mrs that next year when we visit Blighty we'll be sat in the nice warm car in the UK Nationals queue at the Channel Tunnel and Mrs Borussia will have to stand in the rain in the EU Scumbag queue. Big lol's :)

1 hour ago, svimes said:

I totally agree with you (quick, make a note of the date and time :D)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Visiting here will be like visiting the US  for EU members and your still be able but need more documents and restrictions .

Dave

I doubt it, nowhere are immigration officials so obnoxious in the Western world as in the US. .. It's never been that bad coming into the UK (except when trying to use electronic passport scanning!)

22 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

That's the 'joke' in our house, my daughter and I have told my Mrs that next year when we visit Blighty we'll be sat in the nice warm car in the UK Nationals queue at the Channel Tunnel and Mrs Borussia will have to stand in the rain in the EU Scumbag queue. Big lol's :)

I totally agree with you (quick, make a note of the date and time :D)

ANPR will see that your car has foreign plates so you will be directed to the queue with all the rest of the EU scumbags, whether you've got a British passport or not.   Better get the car registered in both countries with exchangeable number plates à la 007 first :D

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Guzzilazz said:

I doubt it, nowhere are immigration officials so obnoxious in the Western world as in the US. .. It's never been that bad coming into the UK (except when trying to use electronic passport scanning!)

And they've been obnoxious for more than forty years. ............!! We crossed into the USA from Canada, with a British friend who lived in Canada, and we were all marched, at gunpoint, into three separate rooms, and interrogated for fifteen minutes or so, as to why we were crossing the border into the USA.   Fortunately we all told the truth.   We were staying with our Canadian friend, and he had been invited to go to Minnesota to visit an American friend of his, and stay with him and his wife in his house in St Cloud.    We had no other particular plans apart from to try to go to see where Bob Dylan was brought up, and go fishing and stay at a lake house.  The immigration officers seemed to believe we must be up to no good, and became quite threatening at one point, waving guns about and shouting 'Tell the truth, you're lying'.  Only when a supervisor came in were we allowed to go.

It was really off-putting, and I've chosen not to go back to the USA since then.

17 minutes ago, ValA said:

And they've been obnoxious for more than forty years. ............!! We crossed into the USA from Canada, with a British friend who lived in Canada, and we were all marched, at gunpoint, into three separate rooms, and interrogated for fifteen minutes or so, as to why we were crossing the border into the USA.   Fortunately we all told the truth.   We were staying with our Canadian friend, and he had been invited to go to Minnesota to visit an American friend of his, and stay with him and his wife in his house in St Cloud.    We had no other particular plans apart from to try to go to see where Bob Dylan was brought up, and go fishing and stay at a lake house.  The immigration officers seemed to believe we must be up to no good, and became quite threatening at one point, waving guns about and shouting 'Tell the truth, you're lying'.  Only when a supervisor came in were we allowed to go.

It was really off-putting, and I've chosen not to go back to the USA since then.

I'm guessing it would be a a lot worse now if you're a Mexican

• Like 1

Especially if you are in a caravan. Trump doesn't like caravans one bit.  

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, moorgate said:

Do you blame him as we have the same issue over here with them coming from Africa, Middle East and other places via France.

But aren't you from Africa too? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, moorgate said:

But aren't you from Africa too? 

Quite correct, but it cost us a lot of money and also had to  jump through many high hurdles for us to legally move over here and become a British citizen even though my father and forefathers were British and I am married to a Brit.   I did not enter the country by jumping on the back of a HGV.   :D

1 hour ago, moorgate said:

Let’s make caravans great again :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Let’s make caravans great again :D

Slight flaw in your statement.   Were they ever great?  LOL!  :D

• Like 1

There seems an awful lot of "angst" on forums about passports and especially passports for dogs and most of seems to be coming from people who may not have thought it out when they voted. Personally I am not bothered about the pets as I dont take my fish with me:) but in the most unlikely event that it became just too difficult to travel there would be a caravan for sale as I only took i up in order to visit the continent and have no interest in UK holidays.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, David in Cheshire said:

There seems an awful lot of "angst" on forums about passports and especially passports for dogs and most of seems to be coming from people who may not have thought it out when they voted. Personally I am not bothered about the pets as I dont take my fish with me:) but in the most unlikely event that it became just too difficult to travel there would be a caravan for sale as I only took i up in order to visit the continent and have no interest in UK holidays.

A bit of an assumption here. I can't see what this thread has got to do with how people voted. I travel extensively around the world and still do long before Britain joined the EU. personally, I have never encountered any problem with Uk passport and I don't think there is going to be any problem when we are out of the EU. maybe a bit of queuing up but we British are used to that

Edited by oldboy

11 minutes ago, oldboy said:

A bit of an assumption here. I can't see what this thread has got to do with how people voted. I travel extensively around the world and still do long before Britain joined the EU. personally, I have never encountered any problem with Uk passport and I don't think there is going to be any problem when we are out of the EU. maybe a bit of queuing up but we British are used to that

I totally agree - I really can't see why everyone seems to be getting their knickers in a twist.

I also have done a fair amount of travelling over the past 50+ years and the only place that's been a pain to get into has been the USA. Even countries in both the middle and far east, Russia, China and other places where Visa's have had to be obtained befor travel haven't caused a problem.

I'd guess that if the Europeans want to play silly b's with passports and visa's then we'll do the same back, but I can't see that it's in anyones interest to make travel more difficult.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

That's the 'joke' in our house, my daughter and I have told my Mrs that next year when we visit Blighty we'll be sat in the nice warm car in the UK Nationals queue at the Channel Tunnel and Mrs Borussia will have to stand in the rain in the EU Scumbag queue.

Yea, but they will get you on your way back. ....

John

Just now, JCloughie said:

Yea, but they will get you on your way back. ....

John

No they won’t, I’ll use my German Ausweis on the way back :D

• Like 1

I reckon we'll have more trouble getting in and out of Scotland if the poisoned dwarf has her way.

9 minutes ago, matelodave said:

I reckon we'll have more trouble getting in and out of Scotland if the poisoned dwarf has her way.

And I reckon you wont.  Who on earth is this dwarf you Talk about?  The average height for a woman in England is 5ft 3 and Nicola Sturgeon is 5ft 4 so Ive ruled her out.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2