V8Vmarkie

Laser 675

So after owning our Bailey Barcelona for just over 1 year we decided that we wanted a change from the French bed to one that we can navigate around both sides.  We had absolutely no issues with the Barcelona, in fact absolutely nothing needed putting right ( must have been a Monday morning van rather than a Friday afternoon van lol) So with this in mind we decided to go to our local dealers and have a look at the new Pamplona, had a real good look around the van and decided that this middle bathroom arrangement was not for us, we then looked in the Cartagena and bingo, this is just what we need.  B)So with that in mind you’d think that’s it all sorted let’s go and seal a deal on this model:blink: Well the dealer sells both Bailey and Coachman caravans and they had just taken delivery of the Laser 675 B) they had not even had time to site the van and put the steadies down before we poked our heads into the van for a butchers lol. We eagerly awaited for them to wind the legs down so we could take a proper good look around and it was our WOW caravan B) absolutely loved it, the quality of finish over the Bailey was most noticeable, I realise this comes at quite a price difference but we both agreed that this will be a long term purchase as it ticks all the boxes for us:) So straight into the sales  office we go to barter a deal, half an hr of too and throwing we reached a very satisfactory deal, this included swapping over the quad movers from the Barcelona to the laser. We managed to get a Feb build slot, so now the wait is on lol. We still intend to use the current van, have a week booked end of this month in the New Forrest + a couple of weekends either side of Christmas. They say you should not wish your life away but ***** its going to be a long wait :rolleyes::D

• Like 1

You will not regret you decision to op for Coachman, Feb is only 12 or so weeks away, and you have the years of enjoyment thereafter.

am on my third Coachman and never off the road 

happy touring.

👍🏻👍🏻

Picked our last of the old stock 2018 VIP 675 up today it’s lovely👍

We have ordered 675 Coachman Laser 2019 and we have been told collection will be end of January. We have a Swift 580 2018 dealer special and had all sorts of problems was very disappointed before that for three years we had a Lunar 544 special edition and we were very please with it for the entry level van.

9 hours ago, Mark&Penny14 said:

Picked our last of the old stock 2018 VIP 675 up today it’s lovely👍

Excellent B) you’ve now got the fun of finding homes for all the kit :D

8 hours ago, Sifta said:

We have ordered 675 Coachman Laser 2019 and we have been told collection will be end of January. We have a Swift 580 2018 dealer special and had all sorts of problems was very disappointed before that for three years we had a Lunar 544 special edition and we were very please with it for the entry level van.

Happy days :D  we have been told ours should be the beginning of FebB)

Had phone call yesterday and i have had been told the caravan will be ready to collect on the 26th January 2019.

Can't wait :)

15 hours ago, Sifta said:

Had phone call yesterday and i have had been told the caravan will be ready to collect on the 26th January 2019.

Can't wait :)

That is excellent, bet you was buzzing after that phone call. I’m going to stand guard by my phone just in case lol

I was at a dealership yesterday and had a look inside a brand new Coachman  675 laser. I was shocked to see that the bathroom door wouldn’t close. Seems even £31. 000 Coachmans aren’t perfect, proves the point that there is good and bad workmanship in all makes and it’s just the luck of the draw  !

On 16/12/2018 at 07:29, V8Vmarkie said:

That is excellent, bet you was buzzing after that phone call. I’m going to stand guard by my phone just in case lol

If it’s the one I looked in yesterday, check the door to the washroom.

Collecting new caravan Saturday thanks for the advice will be checking everything with a fine tooth comb.

Only disappointment we have with our VIP (same as Laser) is the very poor designed toilet by Dometic. I have installed 2 shelves in the washroom due to lack of them.  

We have also had a replacement charger due to excessive noise within 2 weeks of collection.

The sprung seating is also 100%+ improvement from our 2015 VIP.

Best van we have had in years,

I hope you all enjoy your new vans 

Anyone thinking of buy a New Coachman Laser 2019 there is a problem if you require to have fitted a 4 wheel drive motor mover, the dealer fitter rang me to day to report he will have to take off the spare wheel carrier which he explained they generally move it further back but on the Laser models there is a under slung water container so i will have to store the spare wheel under the bed or put in the back of the car.

1 hour ago, kiaboy said:

Only disappointment we have with our VIP (same as Laser) is the very poor designed toilet by Dometic.  

Best van we have had in years,

Can I ask what you do not like about the Dometic toilet?

11 hours ago, VOLVOVANNER said:

Can I ask what you do not like about the Dometic toilet?

The trap lever, and having to regularly grease the slides. Also the bowl is not as deep as the thetford, we are getting used to it but still a poor design IMHO

We’ve had a Dometic toilet in our Lunar Clubman (2015 model), and whilst we haven’t had the electrical issues that some had on that model, I do find that the pull out handle is a bit of a nuisance, and a bit “Heath Robinson” when compared to the Thetford arrangement. I was a bit disappointed to see that Coachman have stuck with Dometic for the VIP (which we’ve ordered) as the Thetford toilets are far superior in my opinion. But, if the rest of the caravan is good, it’s a compromise worth making.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiaboy said:

The trap lever, and having to regularly grease the slides. Also the bowl is not as deep as the thetford, we are getting used to it but still a poor design IMHO

Yes I do know what you mean. We came from a Thetford loo in previous van to the Dometic 4 seasons ago. Only thing i will say is it has behaved itself over those 4 seasons. It did have a new flush control panel fitted under warranty as the cover had split on the original, it still worked and so was more of a cosmetic issue really.

I do apply some spray silicone after each cassette empty to keep the slider sweet and annually I do take the cassette apart for a thorough clean.

I liked the measuring cup incorporated into the emptying spout on the Thetford loo.

I suppose the ceramic bowl of the Dometic loo is a good thing from a cleaning point of view.

When we collected our new Laser 675 last Saturday i was pleased to see the spare wheel carrier was fitted under the caravan, they said they just had room to fit it in between the caravan mover and the water tank. Very happy with the workmanship it is a top spec finish.

There is one problem we found while we stayed over on a site to set up the caravan the external pump is coming on for around 3-5 secs every couple of minutes even after checking  all taps are flowing with water and no air locks. When i returned home i looked up issues with this new type pressure switch and found out I need to calibrate the whale IC pump controller which is a new product Coachman use.  

Quite a simple task, and here’s the guide lines document for you.

PapaT

F1EE71FD-75A7-49EC-8E79-B3EF6D116850.png

11 hours ago, Sifta said:

When we collected our new Laser 675 last Saturday i was pleased to see the spare wheel carrier was fitted under the caravan, they said they just had room to fit it in between the caravan mover and the water tank. Very happy with the workmanship it is a top spec finish.

There is one problem we found while we stayed over on a site to set up the caravan the external pump is coming on for around 3-5 secs every couple of minutes even after checking  all taps are flowing with water and no air locks. When i returned home i looked up issues with this new type pressure switch and found out I need to calibrate the whale IC pump controller which is a new product Coachman use.  

And it needs to be done on replacement pumps too.

Thank you for the info i will be following the instructions when we are a way for couple of days in a few weeks time. Cross fingers i hope this will fix the problem.  

I don't have the Coachman handbook to hand (the van's in storage) but there's a full set of instructions in there (at least there were last year) and they start with making sure all the air's out of the system prior to the whale calibration instructions above. Just read through the instructions before you start, get all the obstructions out of the way (includes people/pets!) and follow them through methodically and it'll be fine.

My original pump came apart during last years hot weather so my dealer gave me a replacement - sent the original back unfortunately I had hopes of a repaired spare! I was going to recalibrate but just gave the replacement a try and the system all worked fine.

Whey hey, well it’s finally sitting on the driveB):D collected Wednesday afternoon, handover was excellent and the van presented in a spotless condition:) looked a little less clean by the time it arrived home :rolleyes: 

Really looking forward to the inaugural trip which hopefully will be in a few weeks time, until then we have the fun of finding homes for everything :D 

• Like 1

Enjoy your first trip with your new Coachman, just check your outside pump is calibrated ours seems not to be. We are away next weekend will let you know if this fixes the issue.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Sifta said:

Enjoy your first trip with your new Coachman, just check your outside pump is calibrated ours seems not to be. We are away next weekend will let you know if this fixes the issue.

When you picked up your caravan and went through the handover process did you not insist on seeing the whole system in operation, i. e. electric and gas on, Alde heating and hot water on and all taps and shower proved including pump automatic shut off ? If this has been done and you witnessed it working then there should be no need to ever recalibrate the inlet ICE unit to the pump again.  

Our water inlet ICE unit failed whilst on our last long trip to France last year and it was only 6 months old at the time. Whale initially told me that they don't fail but their customer service manager has been more than helpful and insisted on my dealer changing the whole unit (which is bonded into the caravan body) including the ICE unit. Now works perfect again once replaced.  

Another thing to look for which both Whale and my dealer told me to check and that was to look at the pump 'plug' with the hose attached. Sometimes the hose is not gripped properly to the spigot within the 'plug' and air gets in and can cause cycling. Easy job to do is to unscrew the plug cover and you will see a clamp that fixes over the hose to the spigot - make sure that the hose is really pushed on all the way then re-tighten and put back together.

Alan

• Like 1

Yes all devices were conected and checked, the water taps were all ok but i never checked to see if the pump was working correctly. Thanks for the advice on the pump will check out next weekend.

7 hours ago, Sifta said:

Yes all devices were conected and checked, the water taps were all ok but i never checked to see if the pump was working correctly. Thanks for the advice on the pump will check out next weekend.

Easy enough not to check on everything as you are usually quite excited to pick up the new caravan and you basically have to follow the guy who is carrying out the handover.

On all our caravans and motorhomes I have my own check lists that I put together and print out specifically for each type or model and I try to carry out my checks in my order and not the dealers - can be a bit difficult at times but usually there is some give and take.

On our present caravan we had to delay the pick-up due to the snow earlier last year and of course there were quite a few caravans waiting to be collected because of this. When we finally went for the handover the guy said "we have checked everything, i. e. appliances, water etc. so we will skip these". Me said oh no ! - I want the electric hooked up along with the gas and water and I want to see everything working. "Oh sir, but we have tested everything" was the reply - "No buts" said me, so off he went to get cable, water etc. and we did find that the main display panel had a fault on it. We were not in a hurry as we missed our original 'need by date' due to weather  beyond anyone's control so went through everything methodically. Mustn't knock my dealer though as they are very good and from any small warranty issues they are ace at doing them.  

Alan

• Like 1