I have just ordered myself one of these! I have no connection with the company, I just think that they're cool.  

They would make great gifts - and are on special offer from now until Christmas. They take a couple of weeks to print and dispatch, so order in time if you want them for Christmas.

Personalised tow hitch covers are £24. 00 plus £5. 99 UK delivery (usually £39. 99 plus £6. 99 delivery.)

As a Christmas 2018 special, the Union Jack Flag tow hitch cover is £21. 00 plus £5. 99 UK delivery.

The company does all kinds of other personalised and other accessories, so even if a tow hitch cover is not your bag, you might find something on there. They have just launched a range of ski and kayak bags.  

For full details, see the Caravan Gift Guide on my blog;

https://worldwidewalkies. blog/2018/11/02/personalised-tow-hitch-cover-a-cool-cadeau-for-the-caravan/

halfords on tour 1.jpg

printed-thc-flag--350x362.png

two_dogs_tow_hitch_cover_no1 (2).jpg

• Thanks 1

Sorry, but I wouldn’t pay that sort of money for a towhitch cover, even at the discounted price.

If the Dealer gives me one with his name on when I buy a van, I’ll use it, but otherwise a simple plain one does it for me.

They tend to fade pretty quickly anyway.

• Like 1

Got mine free from dealer, no way would I pay that sort of money for a Hitch Cover, even if it had naked ladies on it

I bought (dumb purchase) a tow hitch cover in Aldi because it was a fiver.

I have no idea if it is a good cover or not as I have never fitted it and never will, sometimes I am easily had :blush:.

• Haha 1

If I hadn't been given one by last dealer I would use a black bin bag.

geoff

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Thanks for the heads up Sleekpony. I'm sure some will like then even thou the response so far has been rather negative.

I confess that I've never used a hitch cover on any of our caravans, as they were always in constant use and now we have motorhomes there's even less call for a cover.

Gordon.

• Thanks 1

Good novelty value if your that way inclined but for me because they fade so quickly its back to Ebay every couple of years ;)

49 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

Good novelty value if your that way inclined but for me because they fade so quickly its back to Ebay every couple of years ;)

Plus a nice looking hitch cover will probably get nicked.   A sad reflection on current times!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

Plus a nice looking hitch cover will probably get nicked.   A sad reflection on current times!

A slight twist on your response. ....someone in a transit nicks your caravan and leaves your nice looking hitchcover :D

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Gordon said:

Thanks for the heads up Sleekpony. I'm sure some will like then even thou the response so far has been rather negative.

I confess that I've never used a hitch cover on any of our caravans, as they were always in constant use and now we have motorhomes there's even less call for a cover.

Gordon

I use a hitch cover with my MH on the car trailer 

Not it is personalized with your name or reg it might be less attractive .

I don't disagree with the principle of covering the hitch but as you can see from the photo I tend not to.

Trailer hitches.jpg

Does a hitch cover serve any real purpose as you cannot use it when towing?  When on site it does not stop the dust entering the actual towball hitch area.   Perhaps the only thing it may do is preventing the plastic bits on the hitch from fading and and of course to make the hitch look pretty.   :)

It covers the electric, it stops you getting dirt/grease on your trousers as you pass by,  and it makes the A-frame area look tidier.   I've had about 3 in my caravanning lifetime, I never pay more than about a fiver, and I have a plain white one which doesn't fade.

John

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Johnaldo said:

It covers the electric, it stops you getting dirt/grease on your trousers as you pass by,  and it makes the A-frame area look tidier.   I've had about 3 in my caravanning lifetime, I never pay more than about a fiver, and I have a plain white one which doesn't fade.

John

Does it cover the electric when towing as more dirt is thrown up then?  Never got dirt/grease on my trousers as I tend to stay sober however had a bruise or two.   LOL!  :D 

25 minutes ago, Durbanite said:

Does it cover the electric when towing as more dirt is thrown up then?  Never got dirt/grease on my trousers as I tend to stay sober however had a bruise or two.   LOL!  :D 

If your 13 pin plug is fitted properly and plugged in properly when towing then it will never let any water in. The first thing I done when I picked up the tow car and also the the new caravan was to remove the covers and apply silicon grease inside and in all the years towing never once have I had any faults with the towing electrics. You don,t have to disconnect any thing.

• Like 1

Strange question, however, my electric are coupled when towing so don't need to be covered, but I have one when the caravan isn't in use.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Durbanite said:

Does a hitch cover serve any real purpose as you cannot use it when towing?  When on site it does not stop the dust entering the actual towball hitch area.   Perhaps the only thing it may do is preventing the plastic bits on the hitch from fading and and of course to make the hitch look pretty.   :)

It may prevent UV deterioration of plastic components, including 12N/12S or 13-pin plugs.

I use a hitch cover which the dealer kindy provided because, as BG says '

It may prevent UV deterioration of plastic components, including 12N/12S or 13-pin plugs. ' and, as Johnaldo says,  It covers the electric, it stops you getting dirt/grease on your trousers as you pass by,  and it makes the A-frame area look tidier.  

When the 'van is in storage at home I have an old scruffy hitch cover which keeps the weather (good and foul) at bay.  I don't have a problem with these covers but I'm not prepared to pay out a lot of money for one.  HOW MUCH ! ! !

John.    

Wow so much negativity over a simple tow hitch cover, what a bunch of grumps you all are,  simple really if you don't like them for whatever reason don't buy one, really don't see the need to treat the op's post with so much negativity, I just don't see it as being very friendly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Bryn58 said:

Wow so much negativity over a simple tow hitch cover, what a bunch of grumps you all are,  simple really if you don't like them for whatever reason don't buy one, really don't see the need to treat the op's post with so much negativity, I just don't see it as being very friendly

I am sure that those that don't like hitch covers or simply don't like very high priced hitch covers won't buy one but if one person is allowed to endorse/recommend something they like then surely it is only fair that others are allowed to express their point of view too?

On ‎08‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 18:02, shipbroker said:

If I hadn't been given one by last dealer I would use a black bin bag.

geoff

I WAS given a dealers tow hitch cover and I do use a black bin liner! 

I have, and use, a hitch cover, that I bought, but nothing like the price of the OP's one.

BUT it's blue and I wish it was white, simply so that it were more visible in the dark and less likely to be walked into.

Posted (edited)
On 08/11/2018 at 16:51, Les Medes said:

Got mine free from dealer, no way would I pay that sort of money for a Hitch Cover, even if it had naked ladies on it

Not sure what the CMC would make of that, fresh problem for Warden

Edited by Halohodge
  • Haha 2

I use a heavy duty black plastic bag,I have the covers etc but prefer the plastic black bag secured with bungee's,it always keep everything nice and dry,and cheaper to replace, I suppose its like wearing designer clothing,its either for you,or its not.

On ‎01‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 12:17, Halohodge said:

Not sure what the CMC would make of that, fresh problem for Warden

he would probably have to get in the queue!