Brittany ferries worried

Sometimes. ..(just sometimes)  Irony is wasted!

:rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Trevor.

20 minutes ago, reluctant said:

Sometimes. ..(just sometimes)  Irony is wasted!

:rolleyes:

I have a couple of shirts that still need the creases out!

(I'll get my coat)

geoff

• Like 1

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

1 hour ago, Durbanite said:

That is correct however every time you amend the booking there is a £20 or £25 charge added by the caravan club.   Our current booking is still from early 2017 due to us rejecting the caravan and having to cancel holidays.   As we booked direct with BF no fees for amendments.

BF charged me £40 to change our return trip from St Malo to Caen .

56 minutes ago, Flying Grandad said:

Why is it unfair? When you were a Club member, did you expect non-members to enjoy the same privileges and discounts as yourself? Having discontinued Club membership, do you expect to continue to enjoy Club privileges? 

By the way, I'm not a member of that Club.

I would suggest that moorgate's tongue was planted very firmly in moorgate's cheek. :rolleyes:

Usually I find you only need to stay on either club site and membership pays for itself in a few nights .

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

34 minutes ago, DeeTee said:

I would suggest that moorgate's tongue was planted very firmly in moorgate's cheek. :rolleyes:

. .that's what I thought too. ......

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

2 hours ago, shipbroker said:

I have a couple of shirts that still need the creases out!

(I'll get my coat)

geoff

Does that need ironing as well ?.  ?

• Like 1

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

19 hours ago, ancell said:

The British spend shedloads in France the French tourist industry would suffer greatly at any impediment put in our way.

No, Tourism accounts for 9. 7% of France's GDP and the UK contribute 15% of that, so while 1. 1% loss of GDP won't do them any favours, it's not going to bankrupt the country either.

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

1 hour ago, Lost in France said:

No, Tourism accounts for 9. 7% of France's GDP and the UK contribute 15% of that, so while 1. 1% loss of GDP won't do them any favours, it's not going to bankrupt the country either.

Yes and purchasing groceries, fuel and camp site fees is hardly "shedloads"

4 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

Why is it unfair? When you were a Club member, did you expect non-members to enjoy the same privileges and discounts as yourself? Having discontinued Club membership, do you expect to continue to enjoy Club privileges? 

Methinks the comment was tongue in cheek!

Nissan X-Trail Tekna + Coachman Festival 450

4 hours ago, DeeTee said:

OK, maybe that was me being thick. Sometimes I take things too literally. Hope, at least, that it's given one or two people a giggle:)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

Hook. ..line. ..and sinker!

On 05/11/2018 at 14:42, moorgate said:

It used to be possible to make a booking with them and then change your mind and cancel later without penalty.  This year they are charging a 25% deposit at the  time of booking.

Result?  People are thinking carefully before making speculative reservations .  

Exactly why we have not booked, at my age I may not make it too next summer and 25% of over a £1,000 booking is £275. 00 NON refundable deposit  !!Think I will wait until nearer the time of departure,going off season so there will be space somewhere even if we have to drive all the way down France to get to Spain,also if the Frenches start to get funny at the ports another reason not to go.

Just now, Malc Edge said:

Exactly why we have not booked, at my age I may not make it too next summer!!

That's why I won't book a cruise for Sept 2019, I will wait until some point next year a bit nearer the time of departure.

1 hour ago, Grandpa Steve said:

That's why I won't book a cruise for Sept 2019, I will wait until some point next year a bit nearer the time of departure.

Which departure?

Not yours I hope !  :D

(I can joke about it because I'm in the same boat- pun intended- and age group)

Edited by paulthomas

2 hours ago, Flying Grandad said:

OK, maybe that was me being thick. Sometimes I take things too literally. Hope, at least, that it's given one or two people a giggle:)

It's very hard to tell sometimes. I was with you.

We don't tend to book until Jan or Feb and we book through CMC who allow a smallish deposit if you like.  

Will things be clearer by then?

On ‎05‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:10, CommanderDave said:

I'm in two minds about booking  for Europe having a dog and how pet passports will go after March .

Might give it a year for it to settle down .

Dave

Good idea, Muz

Bit more info on the Honfleur. .....

https://www. destinationhonfleur. com/en/press-pack/download

Subaru Outback 2. 0 DSE 2015, Coachman Pastiche 460/2, Lunar Ultima Extra 540,

, Pwrtouch mover, Quest Rolli awning.

21 hours ago, paulthomas said:

Too late to even begin to answer your point.

However, I'll give it a try Ivan.

The UK has decided to leave the EU of which France is a member (why you have decided to single out France in particular is a bit of a mystery).

The EU is a grouping of democratic nations which could be described as a "club. "

When you choose to leave such a club, you also choose to leave its privileges behind. The club looks after, and protects, its own members.

It owes those who are leaving nothing.

It's not punishment, or revenge, or ingratitude. It's called "looking after your own"......which the UK is trying, rather unsuccessfully, to do also.

You leave the club. You're on your own.

Which, apparently, is what some people voted for.

Though your points are correct.   I feel Ivan (and Ancell) were saying that, notwithstanding Brexit.   For the French shun British visitors would be extremely costly to their economy.

At least that's the way I read it.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

6 minutes ago, JCloughie said:

Though your points are correct.   I feel Ivan (and Ancell) were saying that, notwithstanding Brexit.   For the French shun British visitors would be extremely costly to their economy.

At least that's the way I read it.

John

You read it right based on my 10 days LeBoat charter in Britanny.

We moored at one of the many chateau s on the Erdre lakes-stunning vistas- a wedding was in progress the bride&groom had hired the chateau 120 guests all from the UK!

We got stuck at one lock for 90 minutes-lunch time-all the tourists that appeared to see our Horizon 5 lock through were-British!

Its been a decade since I have been on holiday in Britanny I was impressed by the locals upping their game tourism wise-perhaps it was the fact the French Do nt tip and we do?

I will not give B++++t a second thought in my European travel plans.

Being 72 next april time is marching on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCloughie said:

See above, if there were NO tourists from the UK, the French economy would loose 1. 1% of their GDP, hardly extremely costly.

Still, it's good to see that some are still hanging onto the 'they need us more than we need them' myth.

• Like 2

The difference between a master and a beginner

The master has failed more times than a beginner has ever tried.

4 hours ago, paulthomas said:

Which departure?

Not yours I hope !  :D

(I can joke about it because I'm in the same boat- pun intended- and age group)

Planning on the ship's departure, but when your ticket comes up there's no delaying the other one.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lost in France said:

See above, if there were NO tourists from the UK, the French economy would loose 1. 1% of their GDP, hardly extremely costly.

Still, it's good to see that some are still hanging onto the 'they need us more than we need them' myth.

Certainly not me?.

I bet £200 on Rxxxxn

My degree is in international economics-taught the subject for two decades.

So I will be fascinated by the next few years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lost in France said:

I admit to very little knowledge (or interest) in economics.  And I know not where your figures come from.  But a loss of 1. 1% sounds massive to me.  And in monitory terms it must amount to a fair bit.

But on your second para I accept your point.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Re booking Brittany ferry 

i recently made booking 

by Shopping around try different times of sailings different 

days I saved 160 quid from one day to booking the next

all be it on the economie open air deck ship  le hope it floats ok!

car caravan outside cabin  ( I hope this means inside the ship ) £430 I thought was v good Portsmouth 

to santander jan 2019. 7 mts 3mts inclusive. Plus car.

re the French brexit threats etc. are these not the ravings of a small

unpopular minister. .as much as we’re probably never gonna be best mates

with the French . ..the farmers perfumeries wine makers tourist industry 

know which side their crossiants are buttered on. ...maybe we need to

remind the world we are the 5th largest and growing economy 

who knows this could push bf prices down. ..

• Haha 1

• Steven locked this topic