On 12/11/2018 at 22:48, jimbo747 said:

I can vouch for a freedom caravan, bought my '88 sunseeker this summer and only had chance to use it sparingly, but add a popup awning and it has all the room 2 people will need. I didn't know much about caravans but I knew damp would be my no. 1 enemy at the budget end of the market. Had seen that freedoms are generally watertight and the way they're constructed means they may have damp but shouldn't rot.  

My budget was £4000 similar to yours but I was starting from scratch, spent £1000 getting Lexus fitted tow bar, £1500 on the van itself, another £800 on full service Inc new hitch, cables, running gear, gas work, brakes etc, and another £250 on all new seat foam, covers, and modifying to sleep 4, and then £500 on awning, new leisure battery, solar panels, cool box, inverter and all sorts of other Accessories. It's now nearly a new van and I won't have lost any money on it when I come to upgrade. Will be fun squeezing 5 in next year though!

Basically trying to say, if your budget is £5k, don't buy a £5k van as there will probably be issues to sort and extras to buy.

I understand what you’re saying buddy, thanks for your info 👍🏼 Looks like I’m going to leave it until next year now as I’m going to get a new car I think, thanks again

10 hours ago, Grumpy Auld Smeesh said:

Bought this wee girl "Wee Berthy" . Think a paid £3200 for her and a cannie mind the year 2009. Anyway, smashing all the mod cons, very cosy and very dry . ..So far . .. 2 Berth.

GAS. ... 

20170810_175544.jpg

Looks very nice 👍🏼 Can I ask what you tow it with please? Looks like the kind of van I’ll be looking to get 😍

1 hour ago, Dannyprice1989 said:

I understand what you’re saying buddy, thanks for your info 👍🏼 Looks like I’m going to leave it until next year now as I’m going to get a new car I think, thanks again

Looks very nice 👍🏼 Can I ask what you tow it with please? Looks like the kind of van I’ll be looking to get 😍

I tow with it with my other toy a E350 Coupe Mercedes but use to tow with a 1. 6  diesel Kia Ceed which was slightly above the 80% towing weight combination and gave surprisingly very good MPG. The Mercedes doesn't know it's there when towing :rolleyes:. With a Porch awning attached on site you have plenty of room . ....

GAS. ;)

"to be auld and wise you must first be young and daft "

Hi.  Elddis Xplore 302 is a great tiny van.  Under a 1000kg MPTLM.  They are Grade 3 insulated so can use in the winter. We have been in one in the snow.  However the OP budget may not be enough. The cheapest I have seen was a bit over 6k. But there may be one out there.

nanamel

Edited by Nanamel
Can’t type
  • 1 year later...