Sign in to follow this  
Flat_at

Cyclists and one way streets

Yesterday evening (5pm) I was pulling out of my Mother's drive onto a dual carriageway (left turn only available as there was no break in the central reservation).

As I approached the top of the drive I noticed an adult cyclist approaching (cycling not pushing) from the left on the pavement without lights.

My car was at that point at the edge of the pavement ready to pull into traffic.

I watched the cyclist stop and put his foot down looking as if he was going to wait. 3 seconds later a gap in the traffic appeared (I was looking right at this point) and just as I pulled out the cyclist crossed in front of me, on the road, going the wrong way down a dual carriageway.

I managed to slam on the breaks and nudged the cyclist, but not hard enough to knock him off the bike.

I enquired if he was OK, he said yes and he continued on his way on the pavement.

All recorded on dashcam for prosperity!

Edited by SteveMilner

At least two brain cells are needed for a hint of intelligence but sadly this cyclist had one missing! :angry:

Idiot!

• Like 1

Aye Steve, we are at the time of year when cyclists go around without lights too.

A few nights ago I went out to check something in the car and nearly had a collision with a cyclist. No lights and wearing black / dark clothing cycling up the centre of our road.

What these numpties fail to realise is that if a motorist collides with them and causes injury or death, the driver has to live with that for the rest of his life, even if not at fault. They should have the bikes confiscated.

Go to the police office in any area and ask "how many cyclists have you charged or warned for failing to provide lights when required"---stand back and see the expression on their faces!!!

Sign in to follow this