Thetford C-250 pump

Saintjersey

The pump has failed but when removing a lot more appeared!  It looks like a water filter as the photos show. Can anyone helpfully tell me howto replce this primo to fitting new pump. Thanks in anticipation.

27892944-BB2D-4883-A0FE-9068D3635E57.jpeg

AC3DE77B-A00D-4407-A9D8-E2C9301DED40.jpeg

A0BAFD82-C012-4D16-83A3-AA793E3DCF6E.jpeg

1 hour ago, Saintjersey said:

The pump has failed but when removing a lot more appeared!  It looks like a water filter as the photos show. Can anyone helpfully tell me howto replce this primo to fitting new pump. Thanks in anticipation.

27892944-BB2D-4883-A0FE-9068D3635E57.jpeg

AC3DE77B-A00D-4407-A9D8-E2C9301DED40.jpeg

A0BAFD82-C012-4D16-83A3-AA793E3DCF6E.jpeg

If you go to here: https://www. thetford-europe. com/download-product/c250/

Click on the spare parts list ( PDF file ) it's shown as item 16 a vacuum break, so nothing to worry about.

Similar items used in plumbing and other systems to prevent syphoning.

The mystery object looks like the vacuum breaker which is used to prevent the flush water from syphoning into the pan after the pump stops.   You can find detailed instructions of repairing these toilets at https://www. leisureshopdirect. com/water/caravan-toilet/thetford-c-250-cassette-toilet-and-spares#ppSales[iframes]/0/

The valve clips on at the top which you can just about see in your image. I've done it from the top so you can see the clip much easier it also means less liquid spilt everywhere. If you can't get it on the hook from below its not a big issue as the pipes are rigid enough to hold it in place vertically