Sign in to follow this  
Doogal

Ceiling lights

:blink:I have one of the circular ceiling lights not working in  my 2013 Ouasar.

I removed the light cover to  replace the bulb to find not a bulb but some sort of diode which I cannot remove as it is hard wired into the  system. Now what? Doogal.

The official answer is "replace the whole unit!

Before you do that you should check that power is getting through!

If you are determined though, you will need to be adept with a soldering Iron but the biggest challenge will be sourcing a suitable LED.

Just done some work on a circular ceiling light.

Any pics Doogal?

Even in the home there seems to be a move towards non replaceable parts so you swap whole LED unit. The LED itself is a current dependent unit, when they fail it is often due to the current regulator going faulty, so both need replacing, one idea is to make the LED voltage dependent in the home this means a capacitor or resistor built in, however an LED can give around 100 to 120 lumen per watt, however built into a voltage dependent unit often down to 75 lumen per watt.

There are bulbs made with built in switch mode regulators voltage often 10 to 30 see this site but the bulbs are not cheap, advantage of all built into lamp is low profile, so would guess simply swap whole lamp.

Hi griff thanks for your interest. Have (hopefully) attached pics.

Hi all, unbelievably I have just gone out to  caravan switched on light and the damn thing worked. Thanks for your help and interest, it must be true what they say "many hands make light work" (sorry)! Doogal

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I have a led reading lamp in my lunar stellar which stopped going. The led driver had dry joints that I fixed by resoldering. However it has stopped going again and have ordered a led driver from china through ebay.