Sign in to follow this  
Ian ABarrow

Motor home and Caravan Show

Hi all just a quick question to see if it’s actually worth going to the show to buy accessories or if they are the same price on line??

after following:

caravan cover

reich weight control

kitchenware lightweight??

thanks in advance

I can't speak for comparative prices as I've never bought anything at the half a dozen shows I've been to. I suspect you could get similar deals by shopping around on the net. However you won't get the opportunity to discuss the items with folk who know so much about them and see such variety all in one place. Though wear comfortable shoes cos it's big, be prepared to be run down by disability scooters and to proceed at the pace of a snail with a wooden leg.

I was looking for some towing mirrors and found prices the same as, or higher than online.

I was also looking for a small table and a small water hose on a reel and ended up ordering both from Amazon in the car on the way home.

I didn't compare any other prices sop not sure about what you're after but based on my experience I wouldn't make a trip (including entrance fee) to save money.

I think it's a case of swings and roundabouts, but I like to have a good look and feel the quality . Usually I do look on line before I go  to price things up if I'm looking to buy something in particular. If it's electrical, I ask for their card  and see if I can better it when I get home as it's sometimes a long way to go  back if it doesn't work.  

It's worth visiting the shows to talk directly to the sellers, and to see a variety of offerings from various manufacturers all under one roof. If buying, do your homework first so you have an idea at least of ball park figures for the items your interested in. Take a note of the geographical location of the seller, particularly for expensive items that may need servicing or repair after purchase. Buy at the show by all means as there are bargains to be had if you're prepared to negotiate but don't be pushed into a purchase you're not 100% happy with.

Gordon.

The simple answer is probably not, by the time you buy the tickets £8. 50 each, fuel etc. will probably be more than an savings on small(ish) items. However its a great place, extremely friendly so much to see, we were there for a full day 8 hours and didnt see eveything. Good deals on new caravans and Motorhomes so be careful or you may buy more than 

3 hours ago, Ian ABarrow said:

caravan cover

reich weight control

kitchenware lightweight??

I did see good deals on covers though now that I'm thinking about it. The last weekend is traditionally manic though. If you do go wait till very late in the day to do a deal, in my experience this is the best time.  

Very true. I have picked up some real bargains at close of play. For example some years ago, a set of 4 Isabella chairs from their stand for £1:50 each, on the last day of the show,to save them taking them back.

Gordon.

• Like 1

This year, we got a good deal on a lock and level, and a  poor  offer (which we didn't take) on a new 'van. Did we save the cost of the ticket, maybe just about. But we did get to see plenty of interesting things, so overall we were happy. Well apart from one place we bought coffee (sorry beige water).

Sign in to follow this