Sign in to follow this  
Johnaldo

Fridge door shelf 'accessory'

Whilst cleaning out the caravan fridge today I noticed something I hadn't spotted in the 7 years we've had the van!

On the bottom shelf inside the door (the one usually used for bottles as it has a drop-over retaining bar) there is a flat piece of rubber (?) held upright by 2 blue plastic clips.

Does anyone know what it's for?  If it's meant to stop bottles rattling, why doesn't it go across the full width of the shelf?

I didn't have a camera with me, but this is similar …

image.png.92996e3f2efcb444ceafcd41aef17129.png

John

Yes, it’s a bottle retainer. If you only have, say one bottle in the door, you slide the blue bits together to push the joining strap into the door, thereby securing the bottle

Our 2005 Swift Charisma had one but after having the bottle tray replaced under warranty due to it cracking I never travel with milk bottles in the shelf. They are dropped into a cool box in the car prior to hitching up. I find the cool box that lives behind my drivers seat useful if out annd about if we want to do food shopping in warm weather but are not heading straight to base,