Sign in to follow this  
Deano1970

Compass shower base

Hi. completely new to this. just come back from our first ever touring van holiday, only three days and this was to just try it out. .... OK. we bought it cheap to try, van is an old compass rallye gte 2 berth. ... the guy said everything worked, it didn't but it does now. on cleaning the shower out i noticed some very small but long cracks in the base of the shower. ..... what i want to know is, can i get a replacement base, secondly and preferably, can i repair it in any way? I was thinking of getting a non slip mat in that has no holes in it but i guess that wouldn't guarantee all the water getting to the plug hole but i don't want water getting through the plastic base so any advice would be welcome. ..... Loved being away in the little van as well 😀

Edited by Deano1970

55 minutes ago, Deano1970 said:

, can i get a replacement base, secondly and preferably, can i repair it in any way?  😀

You can certainly get a replacement - but it's unlikely that it will be an exact fit.    Earlier in the summer I changed mine and wrote about it here.

Also there are repair systems although they are probably not DIY.    Maybe others can write about their experience of using them.

• Thanks 1

Google "Speedcoateuro". 

Speedcoat is a company that apply a sealing coat on top of an existing (possibly porous) shower tray and other surfaces. The coating is around 1.5mm thick, available in various colours and is sprayed onto the surface. When dry it provides a well sealed non-slip and flexible surface that is ideal for a plastic shower base.

Deano1970, here's a point of contact in Milton Keynes but there may be an agent closer to you.

https://markcaravanmedic.co.uk/speedcoat-showertray-repairs

Gordon.

• Thanks 1

Thanks very much guys. I've only just seen the replies. couldn't find my original post using my phone, had to search my user name to find it. thanks again. .... that is a bit far. I'll have a look though see if i can find anyone closer. thanks again