Three offering 100GB/Month

Nilrem

Three are now offering a 100GB sim only deal for phones for £21/month. There is a limit of 30GB/month for tethering - still a goodly amount. The plan also includes Go Binge which lets you stream Netflix (amongst others) without using any data allowance.

This sounds pretty good - am I missing something?

Nope, we have the same deal.

Volvo XC90 D5 AWD, Lunar Ultima 615,Towing at 62%

You have a second chance at life it's called tomorrow!

I've got the same SIM deal but with unlimited data for £19 a month! They're great deals compared to others. Coverage always good where ever we go :)

Kia Sportage 2.0l CRDI GT-Line S Auto 48V ISG AWD. Bailey Senator Indiana Series 6

• 2 weeks later...

I was going to look into upgrading my Three 20gb as I struggle usually a month and 100 would give a lot of streaming on the wet days and could connect my hungry sky hd box .

Do they have restrictions on tethering abroad ? 

Dave

Edited by CommanderDave

Jeep Commander 3. 0 V6 CRD

Isuzu D- Max Utah Auto

Elddis Crusader Storm 2000 Kgs, Unipart Royal Atlas Mover .

Makes my 250 mb deal look a bit measly.  Can’t wait for this contract to finish.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

I never have a great deal of success with my "3" mifi dongle when out and about.  Generally end up putting (expensive) add on data onto my O2 phone.

My "3" mifi dongle is perhaps a bit long in the tooth now - 3G only - but what I liked about it is that there is no monthly charge.  Simply top up on line with a quantity of data as and when.

Everything seems to be monthly PAYG these days which, added to my inclusive phone data and my unlimited home BB is really not needed other than for travelling.

More research needed.

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

Just bought my third '3' twelve months 12GB SIM @£27. 00, does me for a year, MyMemory,of course. Have not had any problems in UK this past two years.

geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

20 minutes ago, shipbroker said:

Just bought my third '3' twelve months 12GB SIM @£27. 00, does me for a year, MyMemory,of course. Have not had any problems in UK this past two years.

geoff

Geoff, if that sim is not restricted to a monthly use limit (e. g. 1gb per month over 12 months) then I will buy one.

Can you confirm please and thanks for posting this.

Cheers,

John

2 hours ago, happynomad said:

I never have a great deal of success with my "3" mifi dongle when out and about.  Generally end up putting (expensive) add on data onto my O2 phone.

My "3" mifi dongle is perhaps a bit long in the tooth now - 3G only - but what I liked about it is that there is no monthly charge.  Simply top up on line with a quantity of data as and when.

Everything seems to be monthly PAYG these days which, added to my inclusive phone data and my unlimited home BB is really not needed other than for travelling.

More research needed.

Surprising I find that!  3 is my go to sim for mifi.   I have a spare 240v mifi with aerials included which works a treat.   I normally use '3' sims with 24GB on a 24 month usage limit.

If you can tear yourself away from Bo'ser duck, pm me and it's yours (I'm in Brim Common.)

Sam :beardy:

Range Rover Sport - Auto Sleepers Kensington

55 minutes ago, Sea&Sand said:

Geoff, if that sim is not restricted to a monthly use limit (e. g. 1gb per month over 12 months) then I will buy one.

Cheers,

John

https://www. mymemory. co. uk/3-payg-4g-trio-data-sim-pack-with-12gb-data. html

Works for even Charity workers in Glasgow!

cheers

geoff

2 hours ago, Sea&Sand said:

Cheers,

John

You can use the allowance as you like. .all in one binge or spread it over 12 months.   I've used Three data sims in various MiFi devices for five years including on the continent.

I use to use the 12GB '3' SIM but found for us it was quite expensive. With EE data gifting we get 30GB/month for about £11/month on a monthly SIM contract which requires 1 months notice to cancel. Since our grandsons have started coming with us on trips we seem to get through data at phenomenal rate.

We are still paying for two phone contracts in addition so its not as cheap as it seems. However we would still have the EE phone contracts if we used a '3' SIM for our MiFi.

I may change over to a '3' phone contract when my EE one runs out if they offer the chance to move data across sims.

Edited by nilrem77

I am a minimal user of a telephone so no contract,in fact on my PAYG I have put £15 in about 18 months and still have a decent bit left. ..so  £27. 99 for a twelve month use on a '3' sim won't break my bank. The last one started to run out two days before the 12 months were up in August,it doesn't get used over the Winter,only when rallying.

geoff 

Just something to check, even if they say unlimited - ask about the fair usage policy. They slowed ours right down to low speed when we exceeded that a while ago. ..

4 hours ago, Snorto55 said:

Just something to check, even if they say unlimited - ask about the fair usage policy. They slowed ours right down to low speed when we exceeded that a while ago.

I assume you are referring to the '3' unlimited data phone contract plans which have a '100GB' month check to see that the plan is  not being used for commercial applications. Were you in the UK when you unintentionally 'breached' the fair use policy?

6 hours ago, Snorto55 said:

Just something to check, even if they say unlimited - ask about the fair usage policy. They slowed ours right down to low speed when we exceeded that a while ago. ..

The word unlimited is just marketing. You need to find out what the limit is on an unlimited plan and what happens when you exceed it!

I think '3' sets the standard for contract mobile MiFi and I would be surprised if a "Happy Camper" would exceed their fair usage policy in the UK with an unlimited data contract especially with the Go Binge option for streaming Netflix (amongst others). I think '3' Roaming Abroad has other limitations as to data use.

I took this from their "What is unlimited data" article:

"Unlimited data gives you worry free internet use. Even if you used your phone for every minute of every day you could only use, subject to TrafficSense™, around 1000GB each month. We may use this cap to identify inappropriate use of the service, such as commercial use, which isn't permitted under our terms and conditions."

Edited by nilrem77

Our "unlimited" is 20GB, we exceed that every month with only email and browsing, no streaming.   100GB is maybe 30 -35 hours of HD streaming, enough for light users like us but hardly unlimited.

On 10/10/2018 at 15:32, SamD said:

Surprising I find that!  3 is my go to sim for mifi.   I have a spare 240v mifi with aerials included which works a treat.   I normally use '3' sims with 24GB on a 24 month usage limit.

If you can tear yourself away from Bo'ser duck, pm me and it's yours (I'm in Brim Common.)

Sorry for delay in replying. ..  having problem with (no) broadband service at home and now trying to eke out expensive O2 data on my phone.  

It seems that whilst we were away in N Wales until Tuesday we were 'Slammed' as I believe taking control of somebody's phone line without authorisation is called.  Currently I have no phone or broadband service and worse yet,  my own supplier (EE - with whom I have been very satisfied for the two and a half years since we moved here) can't restore any service until 19th October and I can't have my original home number back.

Ofcom are looking into the matter for me as EE say they don't know who authorised transfer or which telecom provider has taken the line over.

Anyway SamD, your offer is exceptionally kind and many thanks.   I am very tempted to take you up on it but before I do that, an opportunity for more research is upon me - as soon as I get a broadband service back.

This post is not intended to suggest you are pedantic or that you shouldn't ever post again.  It is not retaliatory in its intent and I apologise for any offence it may give rise to.

Wow - I had never heard of slamming until. your post.   I hope you can keep us informed of progress and, particularly, how this unknown company managed to effect the change without giving notice.

2 hours ago, SamD said:

Wow - I had never heard of slamming until. your post.   I hope you can keep us informed of progress and, particularly, how this unknown company managed to effect the change without giving notice.

Nor I until Tuesday just gone.  I am minded to think EE know more than they are letting on though. ..  when Telco Unknown intend to take over a service it seems both companies, new and current should write to the subscriber advising the date of change from one to the other with something like ten days minimum notice.

That gives the subscriber time to cancel the transfer and thus remain with their existing supplier.  It is a safeguard against mis-selling and other underhanded practices that we once saw regularly with energy companies.

That neither EE nor 'the new company' wrote to me seems strange in itself.  The only communication I had was a text message from EE on the day of disconnection saying 'sorry to see you go, if you change your mind call xxxxx'.

EE claim not to know who 'the new company' is but having written to Ofcom - (really impressed with their response time) - it seems the first thing they do is obtain the line details from Open Reach.  They apparently hold a register containing all the details of every physical line they are responsible for.  That would be just about every copper wire in the country (except perhaps Hull Telecom lines).

We will see hopefully the who, what, why of it all in due course.  Strange thing is that I still have a dialling tone but no inbound or outbound calling facility.   Dialling out gets 'number not recognised' and dialling in gets 'beep beep beep' and then silence.

Just had a sim only offer from Virgin.  Truly unlimited on data, text and messaging for £30.  I don’t think there is a contract involved.  

At at least prices are coming down.

John

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

1 hour ago, happynomad said:

Nor I until Tuesday just gone.  I am minded to think EE know more than they are letting on though. ..  when Telco Unknown intend to take over a service it seems both companies, new and current should write to the subscriber advising the date of change from one to the other with something like ten days minimum notice.

That gives the subscriber time to cancel the transfer and thus remain with their existing supplier.  It is a safeguard against mis-selling and other underhanded practices that we once saw regularly with energy companies.

That neither EE nor 'the new company' wrote to me seems strange in itself.  The only communication I had was a text message from EE on the day of disconnection saying 'sorry to see you go, if you change your mind call xxxxx'.

EE claim not to know who 'the new company' is but having written to Ofcom - (really impressed with their response time) - it seems the first thing they do is obtain the line details from Open Reach.  They apparently hold a register containing all the details of every physical line they are responsible for.  That would be just about every copper wire in the country (except perhaps Hull Telecom lines).

We will see hopefully the who, what, why of it all in due course.  Strange thing is that I still have a dialling tone but no inbound or outbound calling facility.   Dialling out gets 'number not recognised' and dialling in gets 'beep beep beep' and then silence.

I have sent you a pm

1 hour ago, SamD said:

I have sent you a pm

Seen & replied.  Thank you.