Sign in to follow this  
Smiler1968

Alko Jack Brackets

Hello,

I appear to have hit a snag whilst trying to fit some 1000kg brackets.  

I have a 2014 coachman vision 580/5. It has wheel arch liners that protrude under the body of the caravan by a couple of inches. This and part of the liner that protrudes straight down (looks like the mud flaps should be attached to it but they are not) are getting in the way of what should have been a simple bolt on job. Has anyone else come across this problem? If so how did you get around it.  

I think if I cut it I’m likely to expose wood and run the risk of water ingress. I was thinking about heating the plastic to make it a bit pliable and trying to push it over a bit.  

Any thoughts / advice?

Regards

Jerry.  

B24BC7E7-F860-4A9A-BE32-D5367653DBB9.jpeg

85AE6399-4831-4B68-B75F-FB08915093A3.jpeg

Have you asked your dealer or Coachman?  Do Coachman have an owners club and possibly a forum?

Hi

When I had this problem with my lunar I contacted alko and they said that it was ok to grind of some of the short leg to allow the bracket to sit square on the chassis member. The small flange does not press against the floor of the van if it did it would dammage the wood

Sandy

6 hours ago, Ern said:

Have you asked your dealer or Coachman?  Do Coachman have an owners club and possibly a forum?

I briefly asked at the dealership as they were repairing my fridge. They just said it looks like it would squeeze past.  

Ive emailed coachman and I’m waiting for a reply.  

5 hours ago, sandy said:

Hi

When I had this problem with my lunar I contacted alko and they said that it was ok to grind of some of the short leg to allow the bracket to sit square on the chassis member. The small flange does not press against the floor of the van if it did it would dammage the wood

Sandy

Thank you. I think I get what you’re saying.  

I would slightly slot the holes in the jack bracket to allow it to drop enough to lay level against chassis and if necessary use a large repair washer or similar to ensure a solid connection. No need to cut anything then.

Is there a problem?  As the horizontal part shouldn't touch the floor what happens of the bracket is bolted up tightly?