Unable to tune tv

Red1962

Have now been our caravan twice and both times have not been able to tune in on our television. The booster has power and have tried both aerial sockets (one from the booster and one in the 'van itself. The aerial is a round omni status either 335/355 can't quite remember at present. Have tried and tried. .......and got nothing!!!

Do I need any other device just to give me that edge that I need to watch TV . the TV is about 12 years old. ....is this a problem? Could it be the aerial itself?

Think I've found the answer!! The TV we have isn't digital. Has anyone experienced the same. Any info greatly appreciated.

You need a Freeview digi box, Red. Or better still, for not much more get a new TV with Freeview incorporated.

The mushroom aerials were next to useless with old analogue TVs, but work much better on digital.

John

My TV is digital and I have a mushroom aerial. Both have worked very well, until I got on one site where reception was almost non existent.

After a lot of faffing around, I realised there was a selector switch under the booster box fitted inside one of the cupboards. This switch is used if the signal is too strong or too weak (switching between them of course) 

I flicked the switch and bingo! Great reception! 

Now there is a sticker on the TV reminding me to make the appropriate selection if I have trouble.  

Edited by daveat92