Sign in to follow this  
ericmark

Vacuum cleaner

17 hours ago, Guzzilazz said:

Why not one of the modern rechargeable vacuum cleaners?

For a caravan they work out to be very expensive taking into account the number of uses over a year.  Probably handy if you visit sites without EHU.  We tried a Gtech at home and sent it back within two weeks as it was not that effective at picking up dirt from the carpets in the car.

Not if you have one at home and take it with you :rolleyes:

We've got a Dyson V6 at home which we got when our mains cleaner packed up., It comes away with us in the caravan with a second charger so we can top it up it if necessary.

Had it for around three/four years and reckon it's pretty good. We can fully clean our bungalow on a single charge (unless we use the power boost function) and there's more than enough charge in it to give the van a good clean several times over.

I replaced the motor in the mains cleaner but it's been up in the loft since I did it.

We have a Morphy Richards cordless vacuum clean solely for the caravan.  Its an upright, but can fold down (the handle drops down, so its half the height) for easy storage - I've fitted it inside one of the smaller cupboards, although the charging part is a little bulky, but will fit in a larger cupboard, and will definitely fit in the wardroom with room to spare.  You can also have it as a hand held device only as well.  Its perfect for vacuuming inside the caravan, and it has a strong suction.