Sign in to follow this  
Alan Stanley

New 8ft Wide Pegasus Grande.

4 hours ago, svimes said:

I know what you mean. Interior colours are dark on the phoenix and it's all quite Square and basic.

I looked in a Pursuit (2018) and found the colours much nicer

My local dealer has said to me that the Phoenix 650 is the equivalent to the Pegasus Ancona.

In my opinion it is certainly not.

On 23/09/2018 at 18:55, steve frs said:

Not sure you are correct. The original is 1760kg and with the upgrade it only takes you to 1800kg. I know because we upgraded ours. Hope you haven't been using that full 200kg.

1639 on the GT70 - so 160 not 200 but payload of 340kg - i think the GT70 was much lighter than previous models which maybe where your 1760 is coming from?

Does seem strange how they can lose 100kg between the 2. I guess only way to find out is to weigh them. That said I stand corrected.

4 hours ago, Sea cow said:

1639 on the GT70 - so 160 not 200 but payload of 340kg - i think the GT70 was much lighter than previous models which maybe where your 1760 is coming from?

27 minutes ago, steve frs said:

Does seem strange how they can lose 100kg between the 2. I guess only way to find out is to weigh them. That said I stand corrected.

Agree there was quite a lot of chat on a thread there last year when they came out as I recall does seem strange

I dont like the way the table hangs on the side wall. ...Where do people sit?

Will this be another Bailey Willow?????????

7 hours ago, moorlander999 said:

I dont like the way the table hangs on the side wall. ...Where do people sit?

Will this be another Bailey Willow?????????

I guess they use the rest of the lounge as an l shaped lounge? Or was it for eating that you meant?

I can't understand the table hanging under the side window . ..I would struggle getting two people comfortably around the table let alone 4. ..In the two Berth you would be restricted when you had guests ????

23 hours ago, moorlander999 said:

I can't understand the table hanging under the side window . ..I would struggle getting two people comfortably around the table let alone 4. ..In the two Berth you would be restricted when you had guests ????

I wasn’t sure what you meant until I looked at the pictures on the Bailey website.  This is like last years transverse bed.  With the extension at the foot end.   Maybe Bailey designers should get their work checked by a grown up, before they inflict it on the unsuspecting public.  

You also get a big table to seat a family. The side table comes off for u shaped seating.  Far more adaptable than you can see in the photos

Edited by Alan Stanley

9 hours ago, Alan Stanley said:

You also get a big table to seat a family. The side table comes off for u shaped seating.  Far more adaptable than you can see in the photos

Yes that does sound adaptable.

On 25/10/2018 at 19:19, moorlander999 said:

The brochure shows the main table being added to the little one to create a large L shaped dining table which I think would also be more flexible then the standard 3 or 4 people down each side seating plan

Edited by svimes

Also not all the Range are shown with the 'G' seating, a couple are shown with conventional side seats.   When ever we swap its a long job as we 'play around' with the van setting it up with various options.  

It's amazing over the years how something that looks good in a brochure is complete loss and other things that you think will not work are actually very good.  

SWMBO and I had a good crawl over the Brindisi in particular.   Loved the front end, except the loss of the chest of drawers.   the extra width makes a sideways on bed tenable for us.   If it came with 'Alde' then one may be on order right now.  

As it is the Mk 3 Valencia stays for the foreseeable future, maybe for ever.   Only needs the built in water tank sorting and it's as near (with all the other alterations /add on bits) we have done to a bespoke van.   Mind you that is usually the stage we get to when she sees something new and I hear the dreaded words, "this is perfect, you won't have a thing to do to it.".  Oh lord how many times have I heard that.

Valencia So far :-

Improved solar system.

Flap inside doorway converted to pull out shoe drawer.

Micro wave out - matching cupboard door fitted.

Extra lights all over the place.

Mods to bathroom cupboard.

Extra shelves in lockers.

Custom storage for bottles, Glasses, Cutlery Mugs and plates etc.

Alde towel rail and load limiter.

10 hours ago, Alan Stanley said:

Also not all the Range are shown with the 'G' seating, a couple are shown with conventional side seats.   When ever we swap its a long job as we 'play around' with the van setting it up with various options.  

It's amazing over the years how something that looks good in a brochure is complete loss and other things that you think will not work are actually very good.  

SWMBO and I had a good crawl over the Brindisi in particular.   Loved the front end, except the loss of the chest of drawers.   the extra width makes a sideways on bed tenable for us.   If it came with 'Alde' then one may be on order right now.  

As it is the Mk 3 Valencia stays for the foreseeable future, maybe for ever.   Only needs the built in water tank sorting and it's as near (with all the other alterations /add on bits) we have done to a bespoke van.   Mind you that is usually the stage we get to when she sees something new and I hear the dreaded words, "this is perfect, you won't have a thing to do to it.".  Oh lord how many times have I heard that.

Valencia So far :-

Improved solar system.

Flap inside doorway converted to pull out shoe drawer.

Micro wave out - matching cupboard door fitted.

Extra lights all over the place.

Mods to bathroom cupboard.

Extra shelves in lockers.

Custom storage for bottles, Glasses, Cutlery Mugs and plates etc.

Alde towel rail and load limiter.

I'm jealous of you as you have the time to make the mods!

It’s called retirement.  The hours are good but the pay is rubbish.  

Mind you I seem to be working harder now than when at work  🤔

• Haha 1