The Quality of Tyres – Are we Being Ripped Off?

springtime

Ordering on line can save quite a few quid.

2 weeks ago my wife dropped by at National Tyre for a price on one of her MINI tyres and was quoted £221 and 2 Day delivery.

I went onto their website and the same tyre came up for £161 and a 2 Day delivery.

Not a mistake, similar number/saving from Kwik fit workshop v online.

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

26 minutes ago, Griff said:

2 weeks ago my wife dropped by at National Tyre for a price on one of her MINI tyres and was quoted £221 and 2 Day delivery.

I went onto their website and the same tyre came up for £161 and a 2 Day delivery.

£221 for a mini tyre :o

£161 for a mini tyre :o

Blimey the 18” Continentals on my Shogun were only €150 (£130).

I looked at the ‘National’ website for the Continental’s I bought from pitstop. de they wanted £180

Edited by Borussia 1900

The other online suppliers have very competitive pricing - My Tyres, Oponeo, Camskill - but inconsistent which is the cheaper of the three.

2 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

£221 for a mini tyre :o

£161 for a mini tyre :o

:o Just what I thought.

Needed two, 😭  they were Pirelli Cinturato P7 205/40 W18 RF XL's and as the car is nearly new wanted to stick with the same as the OEM's

Some other online outfits didn't list them.

Could get 20" 255/50 Pirelli Scorpion Zero's for my Discovery 4 for slightly less money similarly sourced!

Stay safe - Griff.  :ph34r:

Wheels at the front Green Oval Towing Machine

Wheels at the back Bessacarr 845

8 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I had Continental Sport Contact 5 SUV 265/60 R18 110V fitted to  my Shogun in March Woodie, they’ve done 10,000 Km now and still look brand new. Took them off last week and had a new set of Winter Tyres fitted, Goodyear Ultra Grip Performance SUV Gen 4.

The Conti’s cost me €600 for a set of 4 and the Goodyear’s were €700.

I have 265 - 50 - 20's on mine. Apparently they are a bit of an odd size. If they were 55's they'd be the same as range rovers & the choice would be much wider - or so i was told by one tyre place. I have ' accenta' or something like that fitted to mine. They say they are all season. As i said they worked well in the snow &slush & the bit of off road it has done which is not much. I may well buy a second set of wheels with winter tyres on if i have the time & money.  

I refer you to the Rt Hon Member for the 19th Century.....................pictured just to the left of your screen..................

17 hours ago, Griff said:

I made quite a saving when I bought my caravan tyres from the national tyre webpage, however when I checked earlier this year there wasn't much in garage ordered or webpage ordered, 

The plus was that the tyres were reasonably new :)

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Just had to replace two rear tyres on my 2016 X3 ( 275/35/20 P Zeros)at a cost of nearly £500. Just done 20,000 miles but tread was down to the bars on both tyres. Got a nail in passengers side tyre on the day of my hols. Lost three days as due to the odd size of tyre it took two days for the tyres to come in.

13 hours ago, Scoobz said:

Just had to replace two rear tyres on my 2016 X3 ( 275/35/20 P Zeros)at a cost of nearly £500. Just done 20,000 miles but tread was down to the bars on both tyres. Got a nail in passengers side tyre on the day of my hols. Lost three days as due to the odd size of tyre it took two days for the tyres to come in.

Doesn't the X3 come with a skinny or full size spare tyre that you could have used in the meantime?

On 30/09/2018 at 16:53, Durbanite said:

Doesn't the X3 come with a skinny or full size spare tyre that you could have used in the meantime?

Sadly no. It only came with the four run flats and nothing else.