Prima Leisure - Bailey's spares on line site

I am sure most Bailey owners know that Bailey now has an on-line parts web site called Prima Leisure.

I have twice used them in the past year and found their service to be excellent.

Last Saturday, the grandchildren broke the hinges on my sink cupboard door. I ordered replacements from Prima Leisure on Sat afternoon along with a new power switch for the heater. They arrived in normal post Tuesday morning and the hinges cost 37p each.

Their website is quite easy to use and is extensive and can be narrowed down to just your model and year of van.

Credit where it is due.

• Like 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

As I've said before:  this is one of (if not the best) feature of Bailey, & I can only agree with your comments. I used it several times during my 7 year Bailey ownership & it was both fast & efficient (though it could not be said to be in any way the cheapest LOL). It definitely beats waiting weeks or months for parts ordered through a dealer.

3L auto Nissan Terrano, 2004 & Swift Elegance 530, 2018. As Leonardo da Vinci once said: 'If you find from your own experience that something is a fact & it contradicts what some authority has written down, then you must abandon the authority & base your reasoning on your own findings' ie: use your common sense!

1 hour ago, WispMan said:

I am sure most Bailey owners know that Bailey now has an on-line parts web site called Prima Leisure.

I have twice used them in the past year and found their service to be excellent.

Last Saturday, the grandchildren broke the hinges on my sink cupboard door. I ordered replacements from Prima Leisure on Sat afternoon along with a new power switch for the heater. They arrived in normal post Tuesday morning and the hinges cost 37p each.

Their website is quite easy to use and is extensive and can be narrowed down to just your model and year of van.

Credit where it is due.

Er, and what was the charge for P&P? That has always been the daft part of their costing process.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I believe the P&P charges were reduced about 6 months ago, following bad feedback.

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

1 hour ago, Woodentop said:

Er, and what was the charge for P&P? That has always been the daft part of their costing process.

Some smaller things are pence for P & P whereas it used to be £5 or so for everything.

Prima is one advantage of buying Bailey IMHO,prices might not be the cheapest but at least you can get parts rapidly unlike some makes.

Ian

I have used Bailey Parts a few times in the past and they are often very competitive price wise.  However you do have to watch them on branded items as they can be very expensive.  A couple of recent examples. I needed a replacement microwave for my motorhome. It was twice the price of elsewhere. Another example is I needed a replacement cassette tank for my C260 toilet (don't ask!) they were over twice the price at Bailey as they were elsewhere. They seem very good for bits and pieces.

David

• Like 1

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Venga for home.

Caravan Travels

2 minutes ago, charlieboy2608 said:

It begs the question if us as consumers can get replacement Bailey parts so quickly why are dealers so slow at getting replacements when we have a faults with our vans that are supposedly gauranteed?? :angry:

Perhaps they are on the stop list for not settling their Bailey account. :rolleyes:

10 hours ago, charlieboy2608 said:

It begs the question if us as consumers can get replacement Bailey parts so quickly why are dealers so slow at getting replacements when we have a faults with our vans that are supposedly gauranteed?? :angry:

Because dealers often get the parts direct from the supplier, only getting Bailey made parts (i. e. doors or tables etc) from Prima.

We had a LED reading lamp fail within a few weeks on our new U4 Seville. I suspect that if the replacement had come from Prima it might have been 'right' but the dealer (and I'm not knocking them) got it straight from the same supplier as Bailey and the colour of the light emitted was different. Eventually they took a lamp out of a brand new caravan to resolve our problem whilst they got it sorted later.

2018 Passat B8 Estate 150GT TDi150 towing a 2018 Bailey Unicorn S4 Seville

I've had several items and found them excellent although lead times for some parts for our 13 year old caravan have long lead times. A new gas strut for the front locker was only about £12 - much cheaper than any alternatives although it did take 6 weeks to arrive. .....

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

As it happens, on packing up from our last trip I found the Whale surge damper had fractured at the neck but fortunately not leaked. I've just bought one from Prima - £16. 99 INCLUDING POSTAGE.

Other prices on line range from £30 - ish to over £50!

Ian.
2013 Freelander 2 SD4 Auto / 2005 Bailey Pageant Vendée; 1952 Norton ES2, 1955 Francis Barnett Cruiser 75

The service to dealers might be different. Personally I never had any problem, but I know (because I was involved in the chasing) that they failed several times to deliver a replacement part over a number of weeks. Excuses included 'the courier forgot to put it on the van' and 'the dealer rejected delivery'.

• 1 year later...

Currently I have spent the last 2 hours on the telephone trying to get information on the progress of an order for fridge vent covers that I placed on the 8th of March 2020. The phone gives a recorded message for 17 minutes and then cuts off. Anyone else struggling to get parts for their Bailey product?

Hi there we placed an order back in Feb 2020 unfortunately the company who makes them went bust, another company has taken them over which accounts for my delay. I have managed to speak to Prima leisure this week who have stated  that if they have no information on a delivery date they will refund my money.

On 19/09/2018 at 08:17, Woodentop said:

Eventually they took a lamp out of a brand new caravan to resolve our problem whilst they got it sorted later.

Wonder if the buyer of the caravan noticed?

Regards, David
Ford Kuga ST line 2ltr. Diesel 2017,  Bailey Pursuit 11 400/2 2018, Emove em303 motor mover, Hyundai 1000i Generator.

• 2 weeks later...

I've used Prima Leisure a few times iin the past and they have never let me down, most parts are usually in stock.

There is also a good feature on the bottom left hand side of the parts page where you add the last 6 numbers of your VIN number and you only get the parts come up on screen that are actually fitted to your particular van.

Dave.