Sign in to follow this  
Kwhittaker

Pumps

Hi everybody I have just bought a new swift, the internal water pump is a bit noisy and vibrates slightly, the pump in aqua roll was a lot better, can it be changed to an outside pump thank you

As it is a new caravan why not get dealer to fix it free?

Inboard pumps are always noisy! The question is how noisy is too noisy? I suggest that you ask someone else who has one to compare with theirs.

You can make a massive improvement by modifying the pump mounting. On my Bailey the pump was quite loud, I made a new base plate from MDF, mounted the pump onto the base and then mounted the base onto the caravan using some rubber mounts to isolate the vibrations from the caravan body. This alone made a massive improvement, further improvement was made by making an MDF cover lined with acoustic material, the result now is a silent pump.

18 minutes ago, David Park said:

It may not be a fault and therefore nothing to 'fix' .

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, David Park said:

As above, it isn't a "fault" it's just a poor design.   There are several posts on the Swift-Talk web site and the common modification is to mount it using rubber "bobbins" (similar to what is used on some car exhaust systems, see attached) which apparently works.   To be honest it's never bothered us, I think we've just got used to it!

bobbin.jpg

In addition to what AJ says, the noise levels can be further reduced by wrapping the semi-rigid pipework with foam insulator material and clipping that to the floor or other hard surface, so keeping the pipes away from direct contact.

The pump on our last caravan was suspended in mid air in one of the bed lockers, likewise the pipes immediately around it, so with the seat cushions in place the noise level was perfectly acceptable.

Gordon 

I had the same issue with my Sprite. .. It also made the LED light strips flash. It was reported to the dealer as a fault and was rectified with no quibbles; the light issue was resolved, and the pump was made quieter.  

Sadly I do not know what they actually did (collected the van outside of engineers hours) but plan to find out next time I am there.  

I have been having trouble since June 2016 on a new Coachman, my pump is a flojet, I’ve tried alsorts of different ways of mounting to no avail, now Coachman have changed to a external whale pump, I wonder why ?