Sign in to follow this  
WispMan

Could Britain win three Grand Tours?

Froome did the treble to hold Tour de France, Vuelta d'Espagne and Giro d'Italia at the same time.

Geraint did an amazing job to win the Tour this summer

And today, Simon Yates socked it to them to win a fantastic stage and take back the red jersey. With 7 stages to go it is a possibility that he will win and Britain will have won all the three Grand Tours in the same year.

The people I feel most for are the French who haven't won their own Tour for getting on for 30 years :D

For non cyclists, watch cyclists hit the Armco at 50kph and then get up and carry on. Then watch footballers who writhe in agony if they feel the referee may be watching. Not 90 minutes of walking around a football pitch but 3 weeks of 5 hours a day of cycling with some days feeling like hell.

It’s Yates’s to lose now, it would be nice if Britain hold all 3 Grand Tours at once, the French won’t like that :D

15 hours ago, WispMan said:

For non cyclists, watch cyclists hit the Armco at 50kph and then get up and carry on. Then watch footballers who writhe in agony if they feel the referee may be watching.

Do I detect a hint of bias there? Personally I would never watch over paid men kicking a bag of wind around but I will watch cycle racing on closed roads and appreciate the effort involved to get that coveted jersey.

Me biased? You decide . . . ;)

Gordon.

• Like 1

I'll be pleased when it's all over - my nerves can't take much more.  

Having said that what an earth will I do in the evenings until the Giro starts next year.

Alan

Bye bye Quintana and hello Valverde.

With  more mounain stages, 25 secs is a small lead but I think Simon can do it but Valverde will ride for himself now as Movistar have to support him not Quintana.

That last climb today was brutal. I was out of breath just watching.

It’s scandalous that it’s hardly mentioned in the UK media, England beat Switzerland in a friendly and it’s the usual boring hype, yet we’re on the verge of holding all 3 Grand Tours at the same time which really is a remarkable achievement and it hardly gets a mention. Obviously not enough money to be made in UK cycling 

Edited by Borussia 1900

33 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

It’s scandalous that it’s hardly mentioned in the UK media

Don't know about TV as never watch the news programmes but my newspaper has a good coverage of all cycling. ..The DT.

geoff

1 minute ago, shipbroker said:

Don't know about TV as never watch the news programmes but my newspaper has a good coverage of all cycling. ..The DT.

geoff

BBC Sport App etc, rubbish 

Yates has smashed it, well done him

Sign in to follow this