Sign in to follow this  
Angry

Hitch cover

Hi all. ..just bought a nice secondhand Lunar Venus 380/2  

one of the things I want to buy asap is a hitch cover,  to keep all the metal bits covered and electrics protected. .. .

I have seen all the ones on ebay and imagine you get what you pay for if they are £10 or less, so what does anyone recommend

(I have no idea on what a 'good one' costs, £50??)

thanks

Edited by Les666

Normally dealers give them away with a sale. ....ones I spotted earlier this week were £9. 50.

geoff

I brought one from ebay-one with flat belt style straps rather than the drawstring type-less than a tenner-been pleased with it.

Les, I think I paid a tenner for a fairly good quality pvc one about 5 years ago at some caravan shop I was in. It's still going strong - no fading and no rips. It doesn't have straps, but I find them a bit fiddly anyway - I just use a short bungee.

I definitely wouldn't pay £50 (are there any at that price?) as it's a 'nickable' item.

John

2 hours ago, CommanderDave said:

Most definitely +1. Incredibly helpful and will make you a cover for anything if you give them the details.

For anyone in Yorks, go to M1 J40, turn west on the A638 dual carriageway and almost immediately take the first exit to Ossett. BfE is on the left about 700m down at the end of a terrace of cottages.

2 hours ago, Woodentop said:

Most definitely +1. Incredibly helpful and will make you a cover for anything if you give them the details.

For anyone in Yorks, go to M1 J40, turn west on the A638 dual carriageway and almost immediately take the first exit to Ossett. BfE is on the left about 700m down at the end of a terrace of cottages.

Yes they are a local firm to us and made me some chair bags and a bespoke cover for an Isabella box,can recommend.

Ian

I bought one from the Caravan Talk shop many years ago and had Caravan Talk printed on it and was made by Protech and is still going strong, must be about 8 or 9 years old now. See my profile picture.  

Over 14,000 on eBay - take your pick!!

Mine from Aldi is fading a bit but is structuly sound, I'll buy another from them when it goes. 

Ours was supplied by our dealer and it (the cover) is good quality. If only the dealer was half s good as the cover! I removed their name from the hitch cover because I don't want to advertise for them.  

• Like 2

Thanks commander Dave.  I will sort one out from their extensive list.  

When we came back into caravaning in 2015, the dealer supplied one foc with our new caravan.

When we bought our Delta, 1 year later from a different dealer - who was in the right place at the right time, they didnt supply a cover. And, subsequently we became very unimpressed with that dealer!

Consequently I take great delight in using the original cover and giving some free advertising!  I think I'm allowed to say well done Reading Caravans.

Cheap is definitely not best depending on what u call cheap. i bought one for a fiver off internet which on the read up sounded all I needed. .WRONG. .flimsy & doubtful of it being waterproof . .I have just popped up to local caravan suppliers(Northam farm)..paid £14 & it’s perfect. .to answer someone else’s comment of purchase a van they give u one. .think it depends on the supplier & I could probably have talked them into giving me a cover,but hey ho. .short of it is have one in ur hands to look at & not online. .then u can see what u get then see if it’s a good buy 😁

Mine is a pvc one off Ebay for about £10 and it's fine.  

And no free adverts for anyone! 

My group have these ones :)

23172930_10155752415349280_2308934234986771529_n.jpg