Uni III whale pump control accessory

djadria

We had an IC controller on our previous van (Elddis Affinity).  It did cause us some issues to begin with (hot water spikes in the shower) but Whale were very good and resolved it with an updated version (provided free of charge).

The main advantage was that it cuts off the pump if the aquaroll runs out.  I do have a spare controller somewhere but have never bothered to fit it to my Unicorn and haven’t really missed it.  Might be worth having a check in the Elddis sub forum as they are still fitted as standard on many Explorer group vans.

Mark.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

Ok thanks - to fit it - it looks like u need to pull off the water pipes to get access - push connectors - but weary of causing future leaks. .......

I have fitted one in the last four weeks and it is reasonably straight forward. Just make sure that you push the pipes fully home and you won’t need to worry about future leaks.  

Andrew

Ford Mondeo Estate Titaniuim TDCi mk4 (16v 140 BHP) (2008)

Towing Elddis Odyssey 544 (2008) Truma mover S towing at 98%

My web site caravanlife. updated 28/5/2017

I fitted one a couple of months ago on a U3 Cadiz. there was no need to disconnect any pipe work just the electrical connections, make a note of which one goes where, remove the adjusting screw and its lock nut, then replace with the Whale IC Unit.  Should take no more than 10 minutes.   Calibrate and away you go.   If you don't have the instructions they can be found easily enough on the web.  

Yeah i agree with Vanning Man, no need to disconnect any water pipes.  They are very easy to fit.

Mark.

Bailey Unicorn 3 Barcelona

Hyundai Santa Fe Premium 7 seater

On Valencia - the boiler is behind the unit and it looks tight to get a screwdriver between the T piece connected to the inlet? 

Thanks

Got one fitted! Easy job.

works really well - chuffed with it!

tested the run dry - works well - goes off under 30s! Brill - now the missus can be trusted with not running the pump dry ?

Shame Bailey don't fit as standard on their premium vans.

thanks for all your tips

dj

With our water system the pump tends to "chug" when the taps are only open just a little. It works just fine when the taps are open at least halfway.

Does anyone know whether this device will fix this issue.

As well as this unit (£40) you would also need the Whale Hiflo pump (£40), so it's a substantial investment.

Very good piece of kit. Saved our pump a couple of times.

See also this video: https://www. youtube. com/watch?v=haTzuG2c8Sw

This has happened to us twice on two different vans. They appear to secure pipe with a dab of adhesive which fails. Sorted it with cable tie through hose to clamp up water connection.

As others have said Whale are very good at customer support and sent me a new controller FoC overnight which in the end was not the problem. I sent it on to another CT member who did find it useful. Passing on the goodwill!!

GB.

. .....still feel like that some days. :) But not when D4 is hooked up to Commodore.