CMC

Hamgar

I posted a few Clubsite reviews on the CMC website, they published them but they edited out the slight criticisms I'd made about the Wardens so I won't bother in future.

I was reading in the Club magazine yesterday that last years re-branding cost almost £2,000. 000 :o

2015 3. 2 Auto Mitsubishi Pajero tugging a 2016 Tabbert Pucinni 2. 5e

23 minutes ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I posted a few Clubsite reviews on the CMC website, they published them but they edited out the slight criticisms I'd made about the Wardens so I won't bother in future.

That's really bad.

Do you put your reviews anywhere else? Must say, I'm not very good at doing reviews.

1 hour ago, svimes said:

That's really bad.

Do you put your reviews anywhere else? Must say, I'm not very good at doing reviews.

I sometimes review on Trip Advisor, under a different name though.

1 hour ago, Borussia 1900 said:

I was reading in the Club magazine yesterday that last years re-branding cost almost £2,000. 000 :o

I’m guessing that fullstop should be a comma? ?

John

12 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

I’m guessing that fullstop should be a comma? ?

John

Yes nearly 2 million on re-branding

With all this bashing of the CC I thought I ought to add some balance by posting something positive.

In June I stayed at the CC site at Bolton Abbey for a few days. Whilst there my wedding ring went missing. It could have been lost on a walk through the countryside, or even in Skipton town centre. Anyway I mentioned it to the wardens, just in case someone found it on site.

About a month later I got a  phone call from a warden to say they'd found a wedding ring whilst raking up leaves on the pitch I'd used. From the description it sounded like my ring and as we were due to revisit the site at the end of August the warden agreed to keep the ring in their site safe 'til I could collect it.

With much good humoured banter I collected the ring as arranged and a 42 year emblem of our marriage is now back through my nose.

Funnily enough it wasn't the first time that ring had gone missing. Back around 2000 I lost it and months later came across it, by accident, amongst the gravel on our drive.

Not quite a Baggins type ring, but it occasionally seems to have a mind of its own.

• Like 2

I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon

but to settle down and write you a line.

37 minutes ago, Steamdrivenandy said:

With all this bashing of the CC I thought I ought to add some balance by posting something positive.

In June I stayed at the CC site at Bolton Abbey for a few days. Whilst there my wedding ring went missing. It could have been lost on a walk through the countryside, or even in Skipton town centre. Anyway I mentioned it to the wardens, just in case someone found it on site.

About a month later I got a  phone call from a warden to say they'd found a wedding ring whilst raking up leaves on the pitch I'd used. From the description it sounded like my ring and as we were due to revisit the site at the end of August the warden agreed to keep the ring in their site safe 'til I could collect it.

With much good humoured banter I collected the ring as arranged and a 42 year emblem of our marriage is now back through my nose.

Funnily enough it wasn't the first time that ring had gone missing. Back around 2000 I lost it and months later came across it, by accident, amongst the gravel on our drive.

Not quite a Baggins type ring, but it occasionally seems to have a mind of its own.

It's trying to tell you something ;)

2015 VW Touareg 3. 0 V6 TDI + 2013 Lunar Clubman ES

17 hours ago, David in Cheshire said:

Yesterday someone started a thread  on "Club Together"calling  (without mentioning names) for the regular gang of troublemakers to be removed for the benefit of everyone else.

Almost immediately those he was referring to leapt in to declare their innocence and attack the OP, it was just like a mackerel  line baited with multiple hooks :D

The gang were outing themselves without knowing they had done it. but the fun was short lived as the entire thread disappeared  like magic even as they continued "digging"

Did I really give myself away David :)

The other side of the coin is that some are adjudged to be adverserial simply because they have  different view

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

41 minutes ago, Easy T said:

The other side of the coin is that some are adjudged to be adverserial simply because they have  different view

And some have different views, simply to be adversarial.   They are the problem.

Edited by fred
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Borussia 1900 said:

Why not post your reviews on UKCS.   Mods, is there a problem linking with this site?)

5 hours ago, Easy T said:

Did I really give myself away David :)

We may differ at times ET but I would never associate you with them and hope you wouldn't either.  

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

There are a few windup merchants David. Most are decent enough though. I might wind folk up sometimes but my good lady will tell you that I can't help it as I wind her up to without intention.  ;)

Edited by Easy T

Alan

2005 Nissan X-trail 4WD diesel and Swift Charisma 540 2012 Lunar Clubman ES  2018 Lunar Clubman ES

31 minutes ago, Crannoghome said:

Why not post your reviews on uk camp site dot co dot uk (without the spaces) instead  (can't post the link because CT changes it - no idea why.   Mods, is there a problem linking with this site?)

Although I am not a mod I would have thought it self evident why CT prevents linking to that and other sites.

CT has its own large review section where contributors can post reviews of caravan & motorhome sites in addition to caravan and motorhome reviews. I haven't read all the CT terms & conditions though if it isn't an infringement of the T&Cs I can well understand why CT would have thought that linking to a site which also allows members or contributors to post site reviews would not be a good business move. :rolleyes:

56 minutes ago, Easy T said:

There are a few windup merchants David. Most are decent enough though. I might wind folk up sometimes but my good lady will tell you that I can't help it as I wind her up to without intention.  ;)

We will differ about that.

David

Various vans 78-2019,  currently  Hobby Excellent 540 FU and Mercedes E220 CDI Estate

www. caravan-europe. co. uk

2 hours ago, Crannoghome said:

Why not post your reviews on uk camp site dot co dot uk (without the spaces) instead  (can't post the link because CT changes it - no idea why.   Mods, is there a problem linking with this site?)

2 hours ago, DeeTee said:

Although I am not a mod I would have thought it self evident why CT prevents linking to that and other sites.

CT has its own large review section where contributors can post reviews of caravan & motorhome sites in addition to caravan and motorhome reviews. I haven't read all the CT terms & conditions though if it isn't an infringement of the T&Cs I can well understand why CT would have thought that linking to a site which also allows members or contributors to post site reviews would not be a good business move. :rolleyes:

As discussed on CT quite a few times recently, the forum software automatically changes any web address.   It adds a space after a full stop for grammatical reasons - nothing to do with blocking out the competition.

John

Also it is quite well known that UKCS do NOT like any mention of this forum so the CT software stops any reciprocal links.

In addition as John says, the software puts a space after a full stop as word processors and phones often do. Unfortunately it fouls up the link with that extra space. You can however edit to remove the space.

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk

Except I've shot myself in the foot as the links have appeared with no spaces!

Oh well......................

• Thanks 1

Graham

Unless otherwise stated all posts are my personal opinion 

I thought that UKCS was specifically removed on this forum due to a past dispute

And I see that it is.

19 hours ago, Easy T said:

Surely you didn't  post on that thread along with the gang of trouble makers protesting  their innocence  ET.    I'm sorry I missed that thread, it would have been fun reading their posts as they dug themselves further into the hole.  

I think that I did post B but principally to say that I would refrain from any engagement beyond that post ;)

Alan

• 1 month later...

Looked in on the CC forum earlier today and saw a couple of interesting threads. Later I had another look to check the progress, and low and behold they were nowhere to be seen.   Looks like a certain Moderator is on duty this afternoon.   Not mentioning any names, even female ones.  

Out of interest, I have just checked a review I left a couple of years ago, it was not a five star review, but it was an honest one . And low and behold it's been removed . It was about the brora club site . Now it's only got all the good reviews   .    Good to know that they do this, as I thought the review s were an honest reflection of members, now I know there not .  

• Like 1

I posted a very bad review of a site in Paris and it did not appear, when I asked the CC why not they investigated and they had to post a ghost review before it would accept mine. Their review was 5 star and mine was 1 so the average was loaded but they corrected that when I told them. They also said they do not censor any reviews.

Ian

2018 Range Rover Sport AB,  2022 Buccaneer Cruiser registered in 2023.

14 hours ago, fraser600 said:

Out of interest, I have just checked a review I left a couple of years ago, it was not a five star review, but it was an honest one . And low and behold it's been removed . It was about the brora club site . Now it's only got all the good reviews   .    Good to know that they do this, as I thought the review s were an honest reflection of members, now I know there not

Thats a bit concerning.

I think it's necessary to take all reviews with a pinch of salt. We read them to find out extra facts - snips of information not given elsewhere.

• Like 1

Ern

11 hours ago, IanV8 said:

I posted a very bad review of a site in Paris and it did not appear, when I asked the CC why not they investigated and they had to post a ghost review before it would accept mine. Their review was 5 star and mine was 1 so the average was loaded but they corrected that when I told them. They also said they do not censor any reviews.

Ian

Ian

I don't know what site you used but of the three sites nearest to Paris only one of them gets reasonable reviews. The other two have a whole series of terrible reviews and they are still there. 

On the broader issue of UK reviews mentioned up thread. I am not aware of site reviews being pulled unless someone really lays into the site staff. The club has a duty of care towards its staff. If anyone staying site has a really bad experience with a member of staff a  review (which is principally about the site) is not the place to vent your feeling, this has to be done directly to the Club where it can be investigated and both sides of the disagreement taken into account.

David

• Like 1
  • I do not understand 1

David - Milton Keynes

Bailey Alliance 66-2 Motorhome for holidays and a Kia Niro HEV  for home.

Caravan Travels

• Guest changed the title to CMC