Sign in to follow this  
stevew1

New 2019 Swift vans

Does anyone know if the 2019 range will have fully sealed showers or will they be like the 2018 models with sealant around the bottom tray against a shiny caravan wall?

I really don't trust that set up.

If so seriously considering changing from Bailey to Swift

DJ

1 hour ago, djadria said:

Does anyone know if the 2019 range will have fully sealed showers or will they be like the 2018 models with sealant around the bottom tray against a shiny caravan wall?

I really don't trust that set up.

If so seriously considering changing from Bailey to Swift

DJ

Isn't that scenario what is referred to as 'fully lined?'

Its the same principle used in a house afterall. ......

No charlieboy. Fully lined refers to a sealed (one piece) unit like other manufacturers have so no need to rely on silicone coming away from walls as the van goes through all sorts of temperatures and bounced around on the road.

my experience is that they often leak!

dj

Dj i stand corrected :D

I've never seen that set up before-closest i've seen was in a motorhome but that was termed a 'wetroom'

The shiny walls you refer to are still sealed by silicone along the vertical plane where they form the corners ??

Please point me in the direction of what website for caravans shows this set-up :Thankyou:

Edited by charlieboy2608

The new Bailey unicorns 4 have fully sealed wall liners that step over a plastic edge on the tray - thus no sealant needed - - although they put some cosmetic sealant around the bottom for tidiness. This is because previous silicone domestic type setup always had problems with tired silicone.

also coachman use single unit plastic showers - will having a close look at the show!

it will be interesting to see if the 19 year swift models are changed?

thanks for your help CB

DJ

Looks like 2019 demo models now starting to arrive with Dealers.

Stewart Longton at Chorley have 2 Challengers and an Elegance.

It ok to bring out a new model but is the build quality going to improve? or is it going to be the same slap dash rubbish like the 2018  Swift Vogue  that i had the misfortune to buy in June this year.

On ‎10‎/‎08‎/‎2018 at 14:01, djadria said:

No charlieboy. Fully lined refers to a sealed (one piece) unit like other manufacturers have so no need to rely on silicone coming away from walls as the van goes through all sorts of temperatures and bounced around on the road.

my experience is that they often leak!

dj

My 2009 Senator had a one piece shower.