Water flow

Caravanalife

How much water per minute are you getting from your taps your caravan?

kind regards 

Andrew

How would you measure it. ...other than a marked jug,and maybes a thought on why???

Geoff

Kia Sorento KX-1 CRDI 4WD towing an Elddis Affinity 530

In ideal conditions I would expect the pump to deliver around eight litres a minute if not lifting the water above the pump and with no restrictions in the pipework. As soon as the pump is installed in a caravan this flow rate will reduce and depending upon the length of pipework and the battery voltage, could be around four litres a minute.

Gordon.

Fourwinds Hurricane 31D Motorhome. Also MGTF135 1. 8i Roadster (fun) & Volvo V70 3.2Ltr LPG (everyday car)
Unless otherwise stated, my posts will be my personal thoughts and have the same standing as any other member of Caravan and Motorhome Talk.

Tut Tut, leaving a tap run in for a minute in Drought Conditions ;)

I think my pump a crystal maxi is 9 liters per minute, newer type external pumps are in the mid teens.  I keep my system and taps clear so get a fair bit of pressure however I've never measured it at the tap.

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

The reason I am asking is that I suspected that my on board pump was on its way out, as it didn’t seem to have the rate of flow that I had last season. So I have changed it for an external pump and I am only getting four litres per minute, using a measuring jug and the stopwatch function on my phone.  

Andrew

Have you cleaned the system regularly if not it may be a limescale or dried algae in the tap nozzle

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

Unscrew the end of the Tap and clean the filter, replace it if you wish or leave it off, I do mine twice a year with good results