a18041967

Karcher OC3 Portable Cleaner - Any thoughts for caravan cleaning

Has anyone used the Karcher OC3 Portable Cleaner for cleaning their caravan? I’m aware that jet  washers are not recommended but this is a low pressure washer even suiteable for cleaning dogs, so in theory caravan friendly?

Could be idea for cleaning the caravan in storage, battery powered and small.

You can clean your caravan using all sorts of simple and cheap methods. I find a soft car cleaning brush and sponge and hose pipe do it well. I cost nowt and recharge myself pretty quickly.  

2 hours ago, Ern said:

You can clean your caravan using all sorts of simple and cheap methods. I find a soft car cleaning brush and sponge and hose pipe do it well. I cost nowt and recharge myself pretty quickly.  

Same here . Telescopic brush and a bowl with Autoglym shampoo and water  and Just dip the brush in the bowl then wash down a side and rinse off . 20 minutes finished .

Dave

Holds 4L of water it uses 2L a minute and battery lasts 15mins max. Mains charger (car optional) so all in all I feel its a tad limited.  

They advertise it for bikes, wellies etc. ......as for a dog I would defo not do that! 

Edited by MartinJB

I have a 8 litre capacity sprayer which I got from an outdoor shop about 15 quid. It has couple metres hose with  brush and spray attachments. You hand pump to pressure it just like small garden hand sprayers. Can put soap type additives and seems to work well. One fill will usually let me get whole van done. Then again water only for swilling.

I use a long (extendable) brush for the roof, used to use it on sides but noticed swirl marks from brush. Now I use a noodle mitt, OK so the water runs down my arms and it takes a little longer. DO NOT use the brush on windows. I use a TFR/Turtlewax combo for washing, rinse off then apply Demon shine. The van looks good for a long time.

I looked at the karcher but after extensive research a lot of people said the pressure was too low, hence the manual version.

I am not saying the op's  Karcher op3 example is a good choice, but there are loads of other examples out there!

As our storage does not have any washing facilities, I have one of these.

The Blue Stone-Pressure-Electric-Self-priming-Gardening portable 12v hose kit From Amazon

Also 2 x 45ltr jacks (you could use your aqua roll) and an alloy telescopic pole and brush. The pump plugs into the caravan 12v system in the battery box or the car.

I mounted the pump on a small plastic cutting board, with some nylon string onto the board handle, which loops around the water jack cap, and hangs on the side of the jack. Works for us!

Edited by David P

I cannot answer the OP's question directly but I have used a "WashMatik" system since the 1980s. I paid about a tenner for it at the time but I believe they now retail at around £25, unless you can get an offer at one of the Caravan Shows. This simple device is often demonstrated at the shows, and as I say I've been using one for well over 30 years without a problem.

The one thing I would say is that while a single bucket of water is fine for a car, or a small caravan, a second bucket will probably be needed for a larger outfit. I use the WashMatik to apply dilute shampoo then use an open ended hose to swill off the suds, finally a chamois leather to finish the windows. A regular polishing does a good job of keeping the rest of the bodywork easy to clean and "drip dry".

Gordon