Sign in to follow this  
MalH

Hebden Bridge CMC site

Looking to have a week on this site later this month. Will be arriving on M62 eastbound and towing. The handbook says to avoid J22, looking at the map J21 looks a more direct route rather than continuing to J24. Any advice would be appreciated.

I only know the route from J21, coming off the M62 at Milnrow, and it's easy enough. When you come off the motorway take the first exit at the roundabout, onto the A 6193, direction Rochdale. This is a relatively new, easy road serving a large industrial /factory area. Straight ahead at the next 3 roundabouts, direction Rochdale, until you reach the traffic lights to turn right onto the A664, direction Halifax. This is urban road, 30mph with some speed cameras. Follow it straight ahead at the crossroad lights until you reach the roundabout where you turn right onto the A58, direction Halifax. Follow the A58 through Littleborough and under the railway bridge, up onto the Pennines. At the top there is the White House pub, and shortly after this you turn left onto the B6183, direction Mytholmroyd. (I've been told  pronounced Mithomroyd, but I'll stand corrected). This road is narrowish, but wide enough to have a white line down the middle. The site is on the left as you drop into Mytholmroyd, easy to drive past, keep your eyes open. Enjoy.

Gordon

Worth noting that there are delays on and off in the valley bottom at Mytholmroyd on Burnley Road due to flood defence works on the River Calder.

The route in, described above, avoids this but your may come across it if you choose to drive into Hebden Bridge.

Can not remember the journey but it’s a nice little site. They was going to pull down the reception and rebuild it altering the lay out, not know if it was done. It’s a nice walk to the station if you want to catch the train in to Manchester but there is a bus to the station if not so able.

Thanks folks, that's the way we'll go!

12 hours ago, Geemac said:

I only know the route from J21, coming off the M62 at Milnrow, and it's easy enough. When you come off the motorway take the first exit at the roundabout, onto the A 6193, direction Rochdale. This is a relatively new, easy road serving a large industrial /factory area. Straight ahead at the next 3 roundabouts, direction Rochdale, until you reach the traffic lights to turn right onto the A664, direction Halifax. This is urban road, 30mph with some speed cameras. Follow it straight ahead at the crossroad lights until you reach the roundabout where you turn right onto the A58, direction Halifax. Follow the A58 through Littleborough and under the railway bridge, up onto the Pennines. At the top there is the White House pub, and shortly after this you turn left onto the B6183, direction Mytholmroyd. (I've been told  pronounced Mithomroyd, but I'll stand corrected). This road is narrowish, but wide enough to have a white line down the middle. The site is on the left as you drop into Mytholmroyd, easy to drive past, keep your eyes open. Enjoy.

Gordon

I was born and brought up in the area and it has always been  Mytholmroyd (Not Mi) as far as we were concerned.

Gordon

12 hours ago, Odd days said:

Can not remember the journey but it’s a nice little site. They was going to pull down the reception and rebuild it altering the lay out, not know if it was done. It’s a nice walk to the station if you want to catch the train in to Manchester but there is a bus to the station if not so able.

The work is now complete. We have booked to go there in a couple of weeks so this thread is very timely, thanks

David

May need a comfort stop en-route!  Is Birch Services caravan friendly, or is there a suitable lay-by somewhere on the way from the M62?

Birch depends on timing. ...been there lots of times without problem. ....try and avoid lunchtimes as lorries fill rear yard.

geoff