Barry jones

Lunar Clubman SE annoying blue lights keeping me awake

Having recently changed vans to a Lunar Clubman SE I have become somewhat annoyed by the blue lights on the control panel above the door keeping me awake at night. Whilst I know you can pull the concertina door across that makes the bedroom stuffy and hot.   Solution  put a piece of card across the lit area. It will slide in between the plastic surround and the panel and completely block out the blue lights.

As for the blue lighting on the fridge a tea towel draped over does the trick here.

Hobby Craft do sheets of black felt.  :)

• Thanks 1

One has to wonder why in particular, the fridge does not have the option to turn off the lights at night.  

• Thanks 1
  • +1 2

That would require their engineers to actually be caravaners. ...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

The blue light on our fridge lights up the caravan at night, a curved piece of Blu-Tac with a small piece of kitchen foil attached on the right hand side of the light allows enough light to find your way in the dark without it shining into the bedroom area.

• Like 1

The tiny blue lights on the fridge and control panel have never bothered us.   I did invert the Alde control panel to show a black screen with white digits rather than the other way around.

• Like 2

It's not the light from caravan equipment that wakes us, it's our bladders!

The light from the voltmeter gives us just enough light to be able to see our way around in the dead of night, on our many trips to the loo.

Other than the loo visits, we sleep our best in the caravan.   Last week I did 11. 5 hours with just 2 visits to the WC and was straight back to sleep after each.

Even daylight doesn't stop us from sleeping!  It must be my Civil Service training! ;)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • +1 1

2 hours ago, bubble2015 said:

The tiny blue lights on the fridge and control panel have never bothered us.   I did invert the Alde control panel to show a black screen with white digits rather than the other way around.

Same here, I sympathise with those who crave the dark for sleeping, works out OK for us, she likes to have a little light and it doesn’t bother me either way.

John

I close my eyes when I go to sleep - can't see a thing!

• Like 3
  • +1 2

On 27/06/2018 at 13:58, Wunny said:

It's not the light from caravan equipment that wakes us, it's our bladders!

Don't have anything to drink at least two hours before you go to bed. That will prevent an early visit to the loo. 

If you drank four wines and the collapsed on the bed because of them then you WILL not only be bladdered but your bladder will wake you in the early hours. Depend on that. :P

On 27/06/2018 at 16:32, Black Grouse said:

I close my eyes when I go to sleep - can't see a thing!

Like wise - I thought that is how you were meant to sleep?

we used to have a Lunar and we just draped the tea towel over the fridge light, I couldn't see the other one  and the alarm light never bothered me either. 

4 minutes ago, The road toad said:

Like wise - I thought that is how you were meant to sleep?

The SLIGHTEST bit of light wakes us up   :angry:

• +1 1

2 minutes ago, BOAC said:

The SLIGHTEST bit of light wakes us up   :angry:

I thought you were supposed to wake up when the sun was shining?  :D

In summer at 4 am. NO WAY ;)

7 hours ago, BOAC said:

Don't have anything to drink at least two hours before you go to bed. That will prevent an early visit to the loo. 

If you drank four wines and the collapsed on the bed because of them then you WILL not only be bladdered but your bladder will wake you in the early hours. Depend on that. :P

My last drink (water) is at around 19.30

4 wines would take over 4 weeks to drink, mostly if we crack open a bottle, after about a month, the last third of it it goes in a sauce / casserole.

At home, we've tried to be alcoholics, but fail miserably.  Occasionally, we may fancy a G & T, or a single malt, but as it is about 10 feet from where we are sitting, mostly we can't be bothered!  It took me 3 years to work my way through a bottle of Talisker. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Wunny said:

My last drink (water) is at around 19.30

4 wines would take over 4 weeks to drink, mostly if we crack open a bottle, after about a month, the last third of it it goes in a sauce / casserole.

At home, we've tried to be alcoholics, but fail miserably.  Occasionally, we may fancy a G & T, or a single malt, but as it is about 10 feet from where we are sitting, mostly we can't be bothered!  It took me 3 years to work my way through a bottle of Talisker. 

THREE YEARS???

Good god man!

Next time PM me and I will show you how to do it in about 3  hours :)

Andy

Edited by Mr Plodd
  • +1 1

1 hour ago, Mr Plodd said:

THREE YEARS???

Good god man!

Andy

Thanks for the offer, TBH I thought that there would be more than one!  :)   I'll persevere, I'll make myself have a Laphroaig later, the Talisker has all gone.  Cheers 🥃

16 hours ago, Wunny said:

It took me 3 years to work my way through a bottle of Talisker. 

I am also one to make it stretch.  Why drink it all at once when it can be savoured over the years as and when you fancy a shot?  For the first time in many years we bought a bottle of Nederberg Rose to have at Christmas as seldom drink wine.  Cannot even remember when last I had a glass of wine which would have been either Black Tower, Blue Nun or Mateus Rose.

On 07/11/2019 at 16:54, Mr Plodd said:

THREE YEARS???

Good god man!

Andy

Andy, let me join you and make it 1 1\2 hours.

mine evaporates faster than that...

(That's my excuse to the wife anyway!)

• Haha 1

On 07/11/2019 at 18:54, Wunny said:

Thanks for the offer, TBH I thought that there would be more than one!  :)   I'll persevere, I'll make myself have a Laphroaig later, the Talisker has all gone.  Cheers 🥃

Correction to that, there is just a drop left of the Talisker and I've now finished off the Laphoaig. 

In order to make buying Christmas presents for me a bit easier for OH & two of our children, I now have an extra two bottles added to my collection, for which they will reimburse me later.   The other 5 will have to think of something else! lol

Christmas will be a little merrier! :)  Thank you children - Cheers!

image.png.f8a3dc009b955ca0047f7258981976bd.png

Edited by Wunny