Sign in to follow this  
Antony1977

Reich - How does this come apart to replace cartridge inside

I believe these are Reich, I’ve tried pulling, and there’s no grub screw. Do I need to just pull hard? There is a ‘shape’ that looked like a lift off flap on the side of the little tap knob but that could be an impression mark from manufacturing?

70A2A689-BCF3-44AB-A2A8-25EC989F6980.jpeg

5D5F6F40-8310-4E9F-B6D8-764A7EFF480B.jpeg

Don't know about this particular tap but the little red/blue marker is sometimes a plug that covers a grub screw.

I’ve also tried unscrewing the stalk with the red blue label on it. But it’s a moulded part to the main housing, the bit I need to remove!

Edited by Antony1977

Looks like a Reich Trend A

20180626_223210.thumb.png.9eb5aef71de180e503876618310dfa23.png

and if so. ....

20180626_222847.thumb.png.07add7c4bcfbb1f7454d59504e5f3da5.png

i will give it a go, thanks Griff

Well I got the cap bit off. But then it’s an empty lever all the way down, no screw or anything, so I thought maybe it’s just pushed on ( by the shape of the end of the new cartridge) I wiggled prised but anymore force and I would damage the plastic housing 😱 so I gave up 

I think it’s a Trend A shower mixer, seems Fred had the same issue in 2017, I will message him

From memory, the handle part  simple unscrews, then the cover will come off.  You don’t need to pull the cap off,   Then I think it is fairly obvious.   I think that these are prone to leaking I seem to remember I ended up replacing the whole unit.  I hated in anyway because you have to go past cold to switch on and off so you end up with a slug of cold water.  

Ps I  have just rembered when you unscrew it there is a nut that will drop off as you remove the cover.  

I must have a different version as the stalk handle with red / blue cap doesn’t unscrew, it’s moulded to the main section

Does look like there are two versions of the Trend handle configurations.

Can see what you mean with regard to yours being moulded right to the end of the barrel and not unscrewing.

The other version does not have the handle right to the edge so probably does unscrew on that one.

20180628_074852.thumb.png.697449fd621c53b9847368b9f00a812b.png20180628_075007.thumb.png.a84fe24ab0769443a5714c588f3599fb.png

The handle on mine definitely unscrewed it was threaded at the end, it wasn’t obvious that it was seperate to the cover but it was .    The only other possibilities are, I would guess that there is a screw hidden under the red and blue cap, I have seen this on other Reich taps, or the handle and cover are simply pressed on and need to be prised off.  Not sure the second suggestion is very likely.   The tap I changed was off a 2007 van so I am not sure if the have changed, but cosmetically they look the same

Ours looked like the second picture that Griff has just posted

Edited by fred

1 hour ago, fred said:

The handle on mine definitely unscrewed it was threaded at the end, it wasn’t obvious that it was seperate to the cover but it was .    The only other possibilities are, I would guess that there is a screw hidden under the red and blue cap, I have seen this on other Reich taps, or the handle and cover are simply pressed on and need to be prised off.  Not sure the second suggestion is very likely.   The tap I changed was off a 2007 van so I am not sure if the have changed, but cosmetically they look the same

Ours looked like the second picture that Griff has just posted

Mine was the same.

Mine is the first pic, I’ve emailed Reich and they say my version has no barrel inside (they have seen my photos) they recommend blowing thru to clear potential debris or to remove an airlock

Well I’ve climbed under the bottom bunk to the pipes, all the cold pipes blow thru fine ( sink, toilet and cold shower)

the hot pipe for sink blows thru fine, however the hot water shower pipe doesn’t blow at all.

reich tell me the model I have doesn’t have a cartridge to replace so sounds like a new tap.

anyone know if I need a same tap or can another one from Reich do the job?