Hi all we have had a garmin for quite some time now but when on holiday, and you want to visit a town you have never been to before it always asks for a street name is there any way round it, just to put in the town you want to visit. Thanks Paul

you could put in High Street - it's the most common street name in the UK.   that way you would get to the town

I just checked on my Garmin.   Enter the town and keep pressing done until it give street names. choose one at random just don't go there!

Edited by Wunny

After entering the town name  is there an option to put in  Town Centre?

On my 1410, touch 'where to'. Then go to page 2 (arrow at bottom of page) and touch 'cities'. Then type in the place name. It will take you to where it thinks the town centre is.

On mine, (Garmin Truckers satnav), it asks for street name and I just press "next", or the arrow at the bottom of the page, without entering anything, (I do the same if it asks for a house number, unless you know it of course). For most smallish towns, it will take you to the town centre.

Edited by Townie

My Garmin Camper works fine, I just scroll down towns and enter a name, select the town from the list and job done.

61644AFB-67DB-42C9-8B91-66C75828A3F0.jpeg

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

Thanks for all the replies mine also is a camper so Ill give it a go.

• 8 months later...

hi is this the same one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-770LMT-D-Lifetime-Digital-Bluetooth/dp/B01N149KS1/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1552054559&sr=1-1&keywords=garmin+770+camper+lmt-d

is it any good? i always rely on google but it turns out i have the garmin camera fitted to the back of the caravan so im thinking of buying one of these.

6 minutes ago, chris76 said:

hi is this the same one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-770LMT-D-Lifetime-Digital-Bluetooth/dp/B01N149KS1/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1552054559&sr=1-1&keywords=garmin+770+camper+lmt-d

is it any good? i always rely on google but it turns out i have the garmin camera fitted to the back of the caravan so im thinking of buying one of these.

As the camera is wireless there may be a loss of clarity in the picture as the signal gets weaker the further the camera is from the main unit.    

Bailey Pageant Series 6 Champagne 2007    Tow Car Toyota Rav4

27 minutes ago, Doosan said:

As the camera is wireless there may be a loss of clarity in the picture as the signal gets weaker the further the camera is from the main unit.    

i know, im hoping theyve used the extension lead so the wireless bit is at the front of the van

im also hoping to get a second camera and have it wired to the back of my pick up to make hitching up easier.

i know you can fit up to 3 additional cameras to the sat nav but im guessing i would have to buy another "main camera" for the pick up, so im not sure how they would integrate?

On 26/06/2018 at 17:19, Paul64 said:

Hi all we have had a garmin for quite some time now but when on holiday, and you want to visit a town you have never been to before it always asks for a street name is there any way round it, just to put in the town you want to visit. Thanks Paul

Why not check on Google maps for the car park or exact spot you want to visit, right click on the map in either map mode or satellite mode and select "What's Here".  (whilst you're at it "drive" any dodgy looking sections to check all good).

Simply add these coordinates to your Garmin and save as a favourite. 

You can later edit it and pop it in a more meaningful category if you wish - you can, of course, make your own category if required. 

This method will take you exactly where you wish to go.  Selecting random street names and house numbers or whatever will not.   All you can be sure of with that procedure is getting to somewhere in the town. 

Santa Fe 7 Seater Premium Manual towing Swift Eccles 480 plated to 1500 kg.