Sign in to follow this  
ericfield

Camping Pont Roman, Yvre l'Eveque, Le Mans

Just spent a torrid 3 nights at this hell hole.

With one woman running the entire show, she was unable to offer the necessary management of large groups of French teenagers who have inexplicably jumpstarted the summer holiday and taken up residence in either their parents statics or hired themselves.

They took over the piscine with glass bottles of beer strewn around the pool and discouraged other users with their loud music and loutish bombing despite signs forbidding it. When the sun went down they 'partied' till 3am. Shouting, screaming raucous singing to rap music?

Maybe I am getting too old, but I’ve never seen such bad behaviour and absence of management in a French campsite.  

Fortunately we were here out visiting and sightseeing for the 2 days, so only encountered  the mayhem on our return. ...and I didn’t want to swim anyway. But others did.  

Not sure why this invasion was happening, all we got from reception was a Gallic shrug.

So be warned. ..and in addition. ...

Its toilets are are too small, the snack bar very limited, WiFi poor and booking in takes AGES (seriously 15mins to pay for 3 nights with ACSI meant a queue of 7 people built up behind us)

We won’t be going back, even as an overnight stop.

I will add my review to the ACSI website, but on previous occasions they take ages to add them. So in the meantime take note.

Edited by ericfield

Bad luck Eric. Others might  like to try Camping Vieux Moulin instead and report back. The word on the street is that British owners have taken over and are working hard there.  

I used the site for an overnight stop three years ago, simply because it was conveniently located.

I agree about the snack bar but I thought the shower block was quite acceptable. The chemical toilet was just a hole in the ground though.

We stayed there in October on the way back from Spain, and it was very quiet.

1 hour ago, onewheelonmywagon said:

I used the site for an overnight stop three years ago, simply because it was conveniently located.

I agree about the snack bar but I thought the shower block was quite acceptable. The chemical toilet was just a hole in the ground though.

We stayed there in October on the way back from Spain, and it was very quiet.

Agree showers were good. ..but it was toilet cubicles that were too small. You had to straddle the toilet bowl to allow door to open. ...and I’m not THAT big. 😀. Yes toilet emptying is still joint use with motorhome water dump. 😝

Talking with French owner of current site he has 4 teenagers camping 'after their exams'...so my reasoning for Le Mans might hold true. Whatever the reason, it’s the lack of management intervention I criticise. This guy here won’t brook any nonsense. ...not even from elderly Brits. 😧

4 hours ago, moorgate said:

Bad luck Eric. Others might  like to try Camping Vieux Moulin instead and report back. The word on the street is that British owners have taken over and are working hard there.  

Thanks for that suggestion. ...gone in my digital book for next time.

What a shame, we found it to be a nice site. You were very unlucky to encounter that group, but the management should definitely have done something about it. Food for thought for our next trip.