VIP 575 Concertina room divider problem

petejev

Hi Guys 

Just returned from a fab holiday in Cornwall, even though it was cloudy for the 1st few days. Anyway on the return haul back to Berkshire the concertina screen between the bedroom and kitchen came out of the top track, just the main support end that slides . Difficult to see if anything has broken or it has just fallen out. Has anybody else had this problem and is it an easy fix.   A photo of one as it should be would help. Thanks Pete

Hi Pete if it is anything like mine the   Part that is attach to the glide rail comes out of the rail. So I have to unscrew the rail until it is in such a position that I can slide the attachment back on again.  

Andrew

Wow 

We had exactly the same thing happen to us in May, possible pot holes.

Anyway I thought it had broke but when I looked at the wardrobe part of the track ours has the slot expanded, so I unslotted more of the concertina which then allowed me to angle the metal frame back into the track.

I've towed the van about 135 miles since this happened without a repeat.

Edited by Simple Life

Thanks Simple Life it was  a bit of a fiddle but in the end a 5 minute job to fix. All sorted Thanks again Pete

Hi,

2017 VIP exactly same problem.

Replaced under warranty but magnetic catch cannot stand a light draught in the van without opening 

at the worst time.

More sticky stuff? What is happening to Coachman Quality.

• 1 month later...

My Vision 575/4 does the same thing when driving over rough roads. The heavy end of the room divider becomes dislodged from its magnet and has sufficient mass to force its way out of the track.  

Overtime the track cracks and the force needed for the divider jump out of the track.  

On my van I decided to reinforce the track with aluminium plates bonded to the track  in the dividers close position.  

Also I made a guide under the the dividers closed position to stop the weight hanging from the track.  

• 3 weeks later...