We just purchased our first caravan, a Sprite Alpine 4. We have decided to get an air porch awning to go with it, particularly looking at the Vanga Varkala Connect. I have seen differing advice on having the awning covering the windows or not. This would determine on whether we purchase the 280 or 360 and if we should add an extension? As complete newbies and before spending significant money I would appreciate any further thoughts and guidance on this. TIA!

Ideally, windows shouldn't be covered but that said, many do with no detriment to the window.  One of our previous porches blocked the bedroom window - no problem whatsoever beyond not being able to open the window.

You don't say which size awning would cover your window but putting up a larger air awning is no more difficult than putting up a smaller one, (especially if you get the wife to pump it up :D) so my personal recommendation would be to buy the larger of the two, especially if that is the one that doesn't impede the window opening.  

I have a bradcott aspire 260. .initially i liked it.

I dont now.

The legs jack knife in wind and it always looks like rubbish when its erected.

Any wind over 20 mph. .forget it.  

Edited by speedbird22
  • Like 1
10 minutes ago, speedbird22 said:

I have a bradcott aspire 260. .initially i liked it.

I dont now.

The legs jack knife in wind and it always looks like rubbish when its erected.

Any wind over 20 mph. .forget it.  

I must have misread the opening post. .. thought it was regarding awnings across windows rather than brands or personal likes and dislikes of air awnings.  :)