Cassette Home Adaptor

brendan456

Back to the original question!

Yes, the bits are available.

However there are lots of variations and it is necessary to be sure that the pipe to receive the waste carries it to the right place.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Totally irrelevant where the roof water goes as roof water would not contaminate either system.

The point being that the know it all posters dismissed my posts as wrong despite it being fact (and according to other posters occurs in their areas too), rather than point out that it could be different in other areas.

There are those that know from seeing it, those that know from teaching the theory of it, and those that just wade in because they think they know.

No it's not irrelevant.   If you pour your chemical toilet down the dame pipe as your roof water, there is a good chance you will pollute your local watercourse if you haven't checked where the roof water goes.   The second line from your post that I quoted does not apply to all properties.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

So where in my post does it say surface water is piped to to sewerage treatment? 

It doesn’t if you read the post

I’m afraid it does. You described roof draining into sewer. Roof water is surface water. It doesn’t matter really and I think the conversation has illustrated that it is not possible to generalise when advising someone where to tip their sewerage.  

• Like 2

Ern

22 minutes ago, svimes said:

No it's not irrelevant.   If you pour your chemical toilet down the dame pipe as your roof water, there is a "good chance" you will pollute your local watercourse if you haven't checked where the roof water goes.   The second line from your post that I quoted does not apply to all properties.

Define "good chance" as many of the the other posters confirm that all their "water" be it grey, roof, toilet ends up in one pipe to the sewer, so help me understand yout terminology!

************************************

Regardless of any advice give it's down to the individual to ensure they pour the toilet contents down the correct pipe, and as drain configurations seem to differ around the country unless you live on the same estate as the OP no one is more knowledgeable than anyone else to give advice - Except - The OP asked:-

I recently saw a fixture that you can add to your soil pipe at home to make cassette emptying much easier. However  I can't remember the product name. It was basically a pipe with a screwed lid for access that could be added on to the soil pipe. Anybody know the product?

So the OP is aware it is for connection to a "Soil pipe" so no question of him connecting to a roof gutter down pipe.

***********************************

14 minutes ago, Ern said:

I’m afraid it does. You described roof draining into sewer. Roof water is surface water. It doesn’t matter really and I think the conversation has illustrated that it is not possible to generalise when advising someone where to tip their sewerage.  

It may be classed as "surface water" but where it goes once it leaves the roof varies, in my case on 3 properties (within a 10 mile radius) it ends up in the sewer and as such I can only pass on local knowledge, as opposed to those that categorically dismiss that as wrong because they think they know better what happens around the country!

9 minutes ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Define "good chance" as many of the the other posters confirm that all their "water" be it grey, roof, toilet ends up in one pipe to the sewer, so help me understand yout terminology!

Regardless of any advice give it's down to the individual to ensure they pour the toilet contents down the correct pipe, and as drain configurations seem to differ around the country unless you live on the same estate as the OP no one is more knowledgeable than anyone else to give advice - Except. ..

The OP asked:-

So the OP is aware it is for connection to a "Soil pipe" so no question of him connecting to a roof gutter down pipe.

About 50%.  http://www. connectright. org. uk/misconnections/1-was-your-house-or-property-built-before-the-1920s

I have no issue at all with your advice that everyone should check, it's what I said yesterday morning and if the OP is aware that his "soil pipe" really is a foul pipe then he will be fine.  

It was only your suggestion that roof water ends up in the same pipe as foul waste that I found potentially misleading to others but that has now been corrected.

3 hours ago, Grandpa Steve said:

Totally irrelevant where the roof water goes as roof water would not contaminate either system.

The point being that the know it all posters dismissed my posts as wrong despite it being fact (and according to other posters occurs in their areas too), rather than point out that it could be different in other areas.

There are those that know from seeing it, those that know from teaching the theory of it, and those that just wade in because they think they know.

If, in your original post you made it clear that this was your own experience the fine.  The fact is you did not.  The inference being that combined systems are the norm.

Well they are not.  Yes’s they still exist as to update them all is a massive job which will continue for many years to come.  Therefore you are correct, everyone has somthing different.  A result of the old bye law systems and still to be updated.

Yes, your posts will be factual to your situation.  But as you are now rightly saying it’s not the same for everyone.  I certainly did not say you were wrong on a local basis.  But you are certainly wrong to suggest that outdated ideas and systems are the norm

Despite everything, you are still saying that putting roof water into foul is OK as it will not contaminate.  Wrong.  It will contribute to the overloading of treatment works and contamination of waterways from overflows.  

Shall we we bring back typhoid or move forward?

So thank you for calling me a “know it all”, though I suspect it was an insult.  Far better to be that, with real facts, than a misleading interpretation.

I will defer to you on banking matters as I believe that is your speciality.

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

Cool it folks! :)

I use a few different forums & they are all the same. ..

Someone asks a simple question & suddenly it's WWIII. ..

I would love it if people responded to posts with relevant responses.

If they know the answer - say so. If they have an idea - say so.

It's incredibly off putting for a newcomer to this (or any other) forum to have a question met by a bun fight!

As an expert in everything, and well seasoned internet user, I'm immune to this stuff. Not everyone is.

Ian

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JCloughie said:

I do agree, but one thing is clear, many people don’t know the differences, it was not certain that the OP intended to use a soil stack, just assumed.  But I brought up the suggestion of using an existing manhole.  Just want to make sure the right one is used not only by the OP but any others.  When some make the assumption that all sewerage is combined there is a problem.

I can understand people’s reluctance to use a loo which may be upstairs and mean transporting over carpets.

John 

I agree with you. Wait a minute---That's 2 people agreeing on something. This calls for an argument lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Myiot said:

Cool it folks! :)

I use a few different forums & they are all the same. ..

Someone asks a simple question & suddenly it's WWIII. ..

I would love it if people responded to posts with relevant responses.

If they know the answer - say so. If they have an idea - say so.

It's incredibly off putting for a newcomer to this (or any other) forum to have a question met by a bun fight!

As an expert in everything, and well seasoned internet user, I'm immune to this stuff. Not everyone is.

Ian

1. The OP’s question was answered fully.

2.  What a boring and uninformative world that would be.

3. All are being very polite, in my opinion.

John

Edited by JCloughie
  • Thanks 2

Volvo V70 D3 SE (was Peugeot 4007, SsangYong Korando), Pulling a Lunar Clubman SI 2015. If you are depressed, you are living in the past. If you are anxious, you are living in the future. If you are at peace, you are living in the present.

2 hours ago, JCloughie said:

John

Unless I've missed a post (quite likely amongst the arguements) the OP's question hasn't been answered in the slighest, let alone 'fully'.

He specifically asked about "a fixture that you can add to your soil pipe at home to make cassette emptying much easier", which he thought he'd seen on this forum at some time, and he couldn't remember the name or details of the product.

John

2 hours ago, JCloughie said:

2.  What a boring and uninformative world that would be.

3. All are being very polite, in my opinion.

John

All very polite indeed, if you view being called a know it all as a compliment, which it may have been. ;)

35 minutes ago, Johnaldo said:

Unless I've missed a post (quite likely amongst the arguements) the OP's question hasn't been answered in the slighest, let alone 'fully'.

He specifically asked about "a fixture that you can add to your soil pipe at home to make cassette emptying much easier", which he thought he'd seen on this forum at some time, and he couldn't remember the name or details of the product.

John

Maybe something like a 112.5° Branch fitting for the soil stack and a screw cap 

Paul B

. .......Mondeo Estate & Elddis Avanté 505 (Tobago)

1 hour ago, Johnaldo said:

John

You may have missed post 3 and 4 for direct answers, plus others suggesting the use of manholes.  

John