ChrisS Beard

Avondale Heron ‘Super’ renovation

It’s been awhile! But finally starting to be able to do things after the cold snaps.

i managed to pick up a rm212f fridge locally, and a bargain toilet thetford c250 of the bay 

I have recently finished sanding here’s an update :)

I’m currently in the process of filling

certainly will be more videos coming a lot quicker now

Next part 2:

sorting out the stress cracks in the grp edges of the roof and also nailing the panels together/secure ready for filling.

using a multi tool to cut a hole at the end of the stress crack and then grind out the crack itself

using a bead nailer and 19mm stainless steel nails to nail together the aluminium panels

Hope this may help some people

Next stage is filling :) still waiting for my primer to turn up but my colours are already here waiting

Part 3:

Filling is done :) I used tetrosyl 2k filler as it can be used on aluminium and plastic

next is sanding the filler

Part 4: sanding the filler is done 

Sanded with 120/240grit discs 

not much else to say :p 

Not a five minute job is it Chris? It looks like you're doing well so far though, and it's good to be able to follow your progress on video, so thanks for posting them.

Gordon

On 16/05/2019 at 08:43, Gordon said:

Not a five minute job is it Chris? It looks like you're doing well so far though, and it's good to be able to follow your progress on video, so thanks for posting them.

Gordon

Haha no not 5 minutes! Just finished the 4th coat of main colour video to upload soon, had a long break due to new baby and bad weather, trying to get cracking now it’s been a year next month! 

• Like 2

Congratulation Chris on both counts :)

When we did them we only had paper masks for filling and painting, even with the self etching primer.

The good auld days

On 17/05/2019 at 18:49, ChrisS Beard said:

Haha no not 5 minutes! Just finished the 4th coat of main colour video to upload soon, had a long break due to new baby and bad weather, trying to get cracking now it’s been a year next month! 

Not sure what I've added so far but the images below from the 1978 sales brochure may be of interest to you.

image.png

image.png

On 17/05/2019 at 21:18, Paul_B said:

Congratulation Chris on both counts :)

When we did them we only had paper masks for filling and painting, even with the self etching primer.

The good auld days

Thank you :)

getting there slowly

On 19/05/2019 at 17:13, Gordon said:

Not sure what I've added so far but the images below from the 1978 sales brochure may be of interest to you.

image.png

image.png

Many thanks I did have a scan of the 1978 brochure would of been good for a full one.

:)