Sign in to follow this  
jarv

1st time buyer concern

1 minute ago, WispMan said:

Even if its cheap, I would walk away. You just don't know what you're potentially letting yourself in for. Why didn't the owners want it back if it wasn't damaged?

Take that a bit further.   Would they be allowed to refuse having it back if undamaged?

As with cars, don't caravans get categorized even if they are stolen and recovered?   If that is so, the caravan will be marked for life.   Maybe difficult to sell or exchange it in the future.   Personally, I'd walk.   There are other caravans for sale.

On ‎08‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 12:29, AJGalaxy2012 said:

Agreed Im just saying it doesn't make it suspicious if its not there.

I suppose I'm wrongly judging people by my own standards-I like to keep all the paperwork for the next owner. ....although I believe the OP never mentioned how many owners the said caravan has had. ...

On ‎11‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 16:28, Cheltenham Caravanner said:

Well, THE OP should have seen the van by now.

Eagerly awaiting the outcome !!

+1. ....why do people just seem to disappear :D

OP started another thread a few days ago. The caravan he was looking at in this one was sold before he got a chance to view it. He was considering a stolen/recovered in his new thread, quite a few folk, me included, thought that might be a bad idea.  

12 minutes ago, Fireman Iain said:

OP started another thread a few days ago. The caravan he was looking at in this one was sold before he got a chance to view it. He was considering a stolen/recovered in his new thread, quite a few folk, me included, thought that might be a bad idea.  

Both topics now merged.

On 07/06/2018 at 08:12, jarv said:

Also how do i find out if tha 'van is finance clear, any advice would be appreciated.

Usually, any caravan manufactured after 1992 will be on the CRiS (Caravan Registration Identification Scheme) database who record the vehicle identification number (VIN) which is usually 17 digits.

The VIN number is stamped on to the chassis and on most caravans is etched on to the windows.

When buying a caravan it is strongly advised to have a CRiS check. Click HERE

This provides the following checks :-

If a caravan has been reported as stolen

Has outstanding finance

If it has been written off by an insurance company

The name of registered keeper